My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Languages

Default Languages

I'm trying to find a proper way to respectfully explain how confusing is the Spanish translation of this site...
    But I have no words...
    You just can't even imagine to what extent this site is just senseless in Spanish.
    I don't know what else to say but "Confusing from A to Z".
    I just hope you can hire someone to do the job, for God's sake.
    I can't understand how eBid.net has the braveness to run such an on-line disgrace.
    This is certainly NOT the way to run some business no matter how cheap you think it is.
    It looks cheap, indeed.
    Pretty sadly cheap.

Do the right thing, eBid people.
    Good luck.

Default Re: Languages

eBid Support have in the past been looking for volunteers to help them with their foreign language translations. Perhaps you could consider helping them? Contact them via support@ebid.net to see if you can help.

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks for the input, can you point out some specific inaccuracies and we will speak to our translators about them.

Thx.
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Forum Newbie
    Marbella, Andaluca Ceuta y Melilla, Spain
    View marbellatec's Feedback (+1)
    All-About marbellatec
    View marbellatec's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have the same opinion as rauxaseny, the translation of the Spanish ebid is very bad in some sections, so bad that sometimes it's better to read it in English to understand it. If the translators are volunteers, should be more careful or try before publish the translation, even free should not be accepted without checking before. The eBid website in Spanish seems very unprofessional and that scares many users, seems to made by Google Translator.

I have seen that a lot of words o phrases are from Latin American users, and these translatios confuse people from other countries

Examples: (in red de bad translation)

Subastas que estoy Manejando Subastas que Manejé "Manejando o Manejé" is when you use your hands.... Best Match---> Mis Subastas Activas or Mis subastas cerradas (for example)

Mi Todo Acerca de Mi That is a redundant phrase, here is more simple --> Acerca de Mí

http://es.ebid.net/perl/account.cgi?mo=account-closed

VenderD : Listados que Ejecuté (0)

Detalles de subastas que ha corrido o que esta corriend al mismo tiempo con posible opciones para cada una. Subastas cerradas se quedaran en su area de Mi eBid por 75 dias antes de ser archivadas.
    ("corrido" is ran... and in other cases an obscene word.... )

http://es.ebid.net/perl/account.cgi?...o=account-main

Empujón ??????
    Usted no está esperando por ninguna respuesta --> No tiene respuestas pendientes

In other section I found this word "bolanegra" What is that?????

I do not mean to offend anyone with this post, sorry. Just I trying to express the image given by eBid in Spanish
    Last edited by marbellatec; 31st August 2013 at 08:24 AM.

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View bluebedouin's Feedback (+107)
    All-About bluebedouin
    View bluebedouin's Listings
    Forum Posts

As has been mentioned before to the OP,why not contact ebid support & offer your services?

Quote Originally Posted by marbellatec View Post
    In other section I found this word "bolanegra" What is that?????
    Probably "blackball".To blackball someone is to exclude them.So you can blackball someone to stop them bidding on your auctions/buying from you.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bluebedouin View Post
    Probably "blackball".To blackball someone is to exclude them.So you can blackball someone to stop them bidding on your auctions/buying from you.
    The point is that it is a literal translation which likely has no meaning in any language but English (being derived from a method of voting in English gentleman's clubs of the past). So, translated yes, but not by someone with a grasp of the Spanish language. Hence the suspicion that the translation was done by machine (free) rather than a person (normally costs money).

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10051)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

I wonder if the suspect translations of items on European eBid sites is the reason why I have sold so few stamps to Europe.
    Before moving to eBid, I sold stamps on Delcampe, where more than 50% of my sales were to European countries. A big difference is that Delcampe do not translate listings. They appeared in the language that the seller used. It was up to the buyer to understand (with the help of online translation sites if necessary) the listing. I bought and sold items from a number of countries with no problems.
    I wonder if the problem lies with the fact that eBid translates (probably automatically) listings meaning that a buyer looks at a "dodgy" translation and is put off buying. If a buyer has to do the translation for themselves they are more aware of possible translation problems. Perhaps eBid should not translate items on European sites.
    This is not a criticism of eBid. I am not threatening to leave eBid or plugging Delcampe. It is just a comment about my sales on both sites.

Thread Information