Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: No way to change the Barcode field in Bulk Edit

Default No way to change the Barcode field in Bulk Edit

I'm willing to plow through our almost 8,000 listings and add the word "exempt" where required. This does not apply to all of them, many have the values Google Shopping is looking for, so I want to be careful and only do one category at a time. However, the bulk edit only allows me to change the Brand. I think it's supposed to go in the "ISBN/UPC/EAN/MPN (Barcode)" box. Please add this option to the Bulk Edit fields.

Poulton-le-fylde, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View Gill's Feedback (+517)
    All-About Gill
    View Gill's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: No way to change the Barcode field in Bulk Edit

From reading previous posts (from jeweleffects in the US also) I think EXEMPT needs to go in the Brand area.
    Gill (pronounced Jill) "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful" William Morris 1834 - 1896

It is supposed to go in barcode box area
    http://www.ebid.net/forums/showthrea...=1#post1540417
    NEW - eBid Keywords... Popular generic keywords will generate search results including items from relevant categories ..eg. search for XBOX 360 GAMES will include all items with all these words in title as normal but will also include items from the "video-computer-gaming/microsoft-xbox/microsoft-xbox-360/games-software/" category also. Let us know the generic keywords you think will help us.
    NEW - Email sent to watchers of a listing when the listing is reposted (single or mass repost .. not auto repost)
    UPDATE - Google Shopping exemption system changed. If your product has never had a barcode associated with it then you can use the word EXEMPT in the barcode box on listing form. If it has then you'll need to add it to the barcode box to enable your item to be uploaded to Google Shopping. Wrongly tagged EXEMPT items will be penalised by Google.
    UPDATE - Registration flow for non-oauth (Google/Yahoo/Facebook) new users when using BuyNow now immediate instead of having to regsiter first then coming back to BuyNow. Email is entered into the email box and delivery details are requested before being sent to Pay page instead of previously being sent to standard registration page and no direct passage to pay page. This flow was already in place for oauth new registrations.
    UPDATE - Draggable thumbnails on listing form to change photo order
    UPDATE - Export Sales Data function now fully linked to AAL instead of Auctions I Ran
    UPDATE - Renamed "Auctions" to "Listings" in My eBid > My Trading
    UPDATE - Added "With Sales" and "No Sales" to My eBid > Listings I'm Running
    UPDATE - Added unrecognised state in bulk upload error message for sales tax
    UPDATE - Registrations via FB/Google/Yahoo limited to 18 char usernames similar to normal registrations
    UPDATE - Added Repost link to Archived closed listing details page
    UPDATE - Added MaO status messages to listing details pages where all offers have been declined
    UPDATE - My eBid Dashboard > My Offers , instead of "Seller Declined" msg... added new msg for auto-declined offers due to miniumum offer amount not being reached.
    UPDATE - Added Extra Item Weight/Cost to My eBid > My Bulk Edit
    UPDATE - Added links to My eBid to listing delete confirmation page
    UPDATE - Minimum price
    BUGFIX - SELLER+ downgrade to SELLER reposts showing empty Listing Type option on listing form
    BUGFIX - Upgrade info section when first logging into My eBid not hiding correctly for some users
    BUGFIX - When editing a listing previous Discount details that had ended were showing
    BUGFIX - International Shipping > Flat Rate > Free Shipping price box set to zero and disabled automatically

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Wish they would hurry up and add the Barcode box to the Bulk edit - with arthritis in my [mouse] wrist it's nigh impossible to edit every listing singly

Laurencekirk, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
    View Maelbrigda's Feedback (+2605)
    All-About Maelbrigda
    View Maelbrigda's Listings
    Forum Posts

ive just spent 16 hours over the last 2 days adding either the barcode or exempt to my listings. On used listings how do you find what the bar code was
    Simply Handmade all my handmade items
    Maelbrigda's Bits and Pieces For Clothing and Jewellery, Ornaments, Odds & Ends & Much More
    Craft Store Crafty bits & pieces. Patterns, Card, Yarn, Stamps and more
    Books, Blu Rays, DVD's, CD's and Vinyl Records
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/The-Pagan-Tree

Please have a look. I combine postage wherever possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelbrigda View Post
    ive just spent 16 hours over the last 2 days adding either the barcode or exempt to my listings. On used listings how do you find what the bar code was
    On used items that I have no barcode, I try looking on ebay for someone who is selling the same item or I pretend I am listing an item on the bay and get the barcode from their catalog.

All of the Above Collectibles Plus

Forum Saint
    All-About Anniemcc2
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anniemcc2 View Post
    Wish they would hurry up and add the Barcode box to the Bulk edit - with arthritis in my [mouse] wrist it's nigh impossible to edit every listing singly
    Any news yet of being able to use Bulk Edit to add "Exempt" ?

View 20sent06's Feedback (+11889)
    All-About 20sent06
    View 20sent06's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anniemcc2 View Post
    Any news yet of being able to use Bulk Edit to add "Exempt" ?
    Ouch - it is a real pain doing it singly - I don't envy anyone the task ........

Of course, if you are a Seller+ there is an easier way: simply download your current listings as a spreadsheet - add the word EXEMPT to column D - then re-import to eBid - or - update in Ninja Lister and do the same.

oh! - you will need to close all current listings before uploading of course ...

Forum Saint
    All-About Anniemcc2
    Forum Posts

Doh - I'd forgotten I could use NL - must be the heat

BUT I would prefer the Bulk Edit facility .........

Be careful useing any copy/paste from the bay. There is hidden html code you must delete. It can mess with your site. Personal experience.

Thread Information