Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: New Customer Registration/Checkout Not Displaying Correctly on us.ebid.net

Exclamation New Customer Registration/Checkout Not Displaying Correctly on us.ebid.net

Hi,
    I am using the latest google chrome browser on windows 7/64 bit os. Not logged in to ebid when error occurs. This happens since the upgrade on Sunday, 6/30/2013. I am on the us.ebid.net website.

After clicking on Buy Now on one of my products, I try to register with a new email address. I enter the email address and click on Join eBid Now button. The screen it takes me to is not formatted correctly. There are continuation animation horizontal bars at the top and the text on the page is like a page that did not download correctly. Most of the formatting is missing for proper page layout.

I have included an screen capture of the scrambled page.

I tried doing the same purchase with Internet Explorer 10 on the same system. I got the same scrambled page... however, I got a security warning at the bottom of the screen that non-secure content was being blocked. I clicked to allow all content to display and the registration window displayed properly.

Best Regards,
    Keith
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by SWonlineSales; 2nd July 2013 at 03:20 AM. Reason: Found additional relevant information

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: New Customer Registration/Checkout Not Displaying Correctly on us.ebid.net

Maybe I missed something, but why are you trying to purchase something from your own auctions?

Default Re: New Customer Registration/Checkout Not Displaying Correctly on us.ebid.net

Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post
    Maybe I missed something, but why are you trying to purchase something from your own auctions?
    Looking at the new upgrades that were just implemented to see what they look like so I can explain to potential customers how easy it is to make a purchase.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

You look to have a missing or corrupt CSS file. Try clearing your browser cache and/or doing a hard refresh on the problem page.

(?? Can you have a missing something ??)

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    You look to have a missing or corrupt CSS file. Try clearing your browser cache and/or doing a hard refresh on the problem page.

(?? Can you have a missing something ??)
    To have this issue across multiple browsers means that the software is working ok once the browser is given permission to display mixed content. Chrome is not giving the security warning like internet explorer is. Therefore the page stays scrambled with chrome but clears up with internet explorer after approving the displaying of mixed content. I think the problem is partly caused by ebid.net using a SSL url. ... the 's' at the end of the 'http' and the browsers not handling the mixed content correctly. If I am having this issue, others have to be having this issue.
    ------------------------------
    Found problem with chrome: It is giving a notice... just a very small icon at the right of the url display box... to the left of the star box. The notice is "This page includes script from unauthenticated sources." and gives you the option of displaying it. It you allow the blocked script, it voids out the https: and then displays the page correctly.

eBid programmers... can you fix this please?
    Last edited by SWonlineSales; 2nd July 2013 at 01:57 PM. Reason: found problem... ebid please provide fix for this?

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SWonlineSales View Post
    Looking at the new upgrades that were just implemented to see what they look like so I can explain to potential customers how easy it is to make a purchase.
    Oh....

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Checking.

Thx,
    Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

The problem has been fixed, was related to a cached file.
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Thank you very much! Works fine for me now in both browsers.

Thread Information