Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Bilk Edit Glitch - Amending Postage Rates

View bunsock's Feedback (+14461)
    All-About bunsock
    View bunsock's Listings
    Forum Posts

Unhappy Bilk Edit Glitch - Amending Postage Rates

All my Listings are Buy Nows, mostly for single items but a few for multiply items. When the postage changed in Apr I amended most of my postage rates with Bulk Edit. Since then I have found a few where the postage had not been adjusted. I have just realised these are all multiple item listings where one or more items have been bought. None of these appeared as “Failed” when I ran the bulk edit. I guess eBid is not allowing them to be changed as it is treating it like an auction where one or more bids have been made. However, I don’t think this should apply to multiple item Buy Now listings. I have now got the problem of finding these, closing them and re-listing them as they can’t be edited for the same reason.

I think eBid should allow certain aspects of fixed price Buy Now listings to be amended, both with edit and with Bulk Edit. And, at the least, identify these as failed when running Bulk Edit.

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Bilk Edit Glitch - Amending Postage Rates

Will look into this. Do you have an example ID of one that didn't change but was in bucket?
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

View bunsock's Feedback (+14461)
    All-About bunsock
    View bunsock's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Bilk Edit Glitch - Amending Postage Rates

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    Will look into this. Do you have an example ID of one that didn't change but was in bucket?
    Sorry, I haven't kept note of any examples. However I think the following were included in the bulk edit and didn't change: 7003256, 77466152 & 68955933. Obviously when I ran the bucket for the changes in postal rates it was back last April and at that time I thought all was well. With these 3 (& others) I had to close and re-post them as the normal edit wouldn't let me change them as there had already been purchases.

I would guess Bulk Edit, like the normal edit, doesn't allow you to change the item once there has been bids. If this is so It would be helpful if it listed them as failed. However, whilst it is right that on an Auction that the system shouldn't allow any changes once a bid has been made I am not sure this rule ought to be the same for Buy Nows where such things as postal rates will change over time.

Thanks, Tony

Thread Information