Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Posted an auction; Recvd notification; Auction disappeard; Reported it 5 hours ago

Forum Newbie
    View beedoodles's Feedback (+1)
    All-About beedoodles
    View beedoodles's Listings
    Forum Posts

Unhappy Posted an auction; Recvd notification; Auction disappeard; Reported it 5 hours ago

Hello. As you can tell, I am new to eBid, but, am familiar with selling online. I posted an auction approx. 5 hours ago. Received notice from eBid that my auction had started. About 30 min. later, my auction (purse) disappeared. It is not in my listing, did not sell and does not show I had ever listed the item. When I place the auction item number (Listing ID : 111110922) in the search, it shows no record. Emailed the "help" and received a ticket id (155453) several hours ago, but, still no answer to what has happened. Is this very common on eBid? B

Default Re: Posted an auction; Recvd notification; Auction disappeard; Reported it 5 hours

The most likely explanation is that it was in the wrong category or subcategory. Another is that it had the same title as another of your listings; I believe these are identified by a robot and removed automatically. Only eBid can tell you for sure, so wait for a response from support.

And because eBid's HQ are in Great Britain, there is quite a time difference. Generally when we open a ticket in the U.S., there will be a 24 hour delay in getting a response.

Default Re: Posted an auction; Recvd notification; Auction disappeard; Reported it 5 hours

I an auction do that maybe 2 weeks ago. I waited a while, an hour or so, and it still wasn't there. I was going to contact support and decided to check again. It was back and stayed. I've had that happen a couple of times before. Mysteriously disappearing auctions. I hope yours came back, too!

Thread Information