Forum Diehard
    View PetBazaar's Feedback (+41)
    All-About PetBazaar
    View PetBazaar's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Multiple variation drop down menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fleetmark View Post
    it can't be too hard surely
    First of all, let me say that I'm in favour of the idea and would make extensive use of it, particularly if you were allowed more than one variation on each listing.

But...

There's much more to it than just adding a couple of dropdowns for variables. A size variance may also affect the price of the item so the users would then have to provide higher or lower prices in relation to the default item (and then remember to change them all if the default size is discontinued and deleted). For larger items a size variance may also affect weight, which could in turn potentially affect postage. And then you need to provide variable stock levels for each item. And so on...

Presumably the entire site is built around not having this option, so although it shouldn't be impossibly hard, it'll be a lot harder than most folk would think.

You are right on all levels about the complexity of the back end coding. But looking at the increasing users registering, this will need to be implemented if they want the site to be profitable. The sooner the better, so I hope action will be taken in the very near future.

As other customer pointed out, the number of listings will increase and having 1000 listings for the same product (I slightly exaggerated) will put buyers off, what is bad for us as sellers.

Like Magnets & Hangers,
    I too have brought this up before.

In the end, after no movement from ebid (just like the iPhone app), I finally gave in & spent a whole day sorting listings for a bulk upload.

Now, the buyer would get bored beyond comprehension trying to find the correct item they require.

Not a good thing to entice buyers in.

What would be nice is to have the insight of somebody from eBid about this issue (e.g. why they don't do it or if it's in development). I would be happy to be acknowledged, that there is a need of variation listings and it is being looked into. But until now, no reply from an eBid representative. ... and I don't feel this is too much asked.

Any comments suggestions are welcome 8)
    G

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

I expect this will be part of the natural evolution of the site. Other projects have been deemed more important by you guys and by ourselves though.

Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Hi Gazza,

Thank you for your reply. This was mainly what I was looking for and the confirmation that at some stage it will be implemented. I do know how complex the up-keeping of such a site is and then the developments and so on. Would be nice to have a rough time-scale, but I don't want to push it 8)

We'll come back to this in the future.
    G

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Major work at the mo is our mobile app and Make an Offer. Once these are live we will look into this facility.
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Awesome. We are looking forward to the above developments. I am sure you guys are really busy, so thank you for taking the time and letting us know.

Thumbs up from me 8)

G

Forum Newbie
    Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
    View chilternfeed's Feedback (+1550)
    All-About chilternfeed
    View chilternfeed's Listings
    Forum Posts

This is absolutely crazy. I'm looking to move my items over here and set up a new business but am now having to think whether I am making the right choice. I have one item alone that will generate 100 variations. Apart from the fact that it will clutter my shop page with hundreds of the same item (with one word - the colour changed to get round duplicate listings policy) it is going to take me hours to upload all of my products.
    In fact I probably won't bother since it will probably turn out to be counter productive to sales

Thread Information