My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Oh the Irony

Post Oh the Irony

What a turn around. I put together a post about the importance of correct addresses and now I'm dealing with a - as USPS tracking descriptions puts it - an Undeliverable Address. The strange thing is that it's a recognized address through USPS and PayPal. So if you are a buyer or seller, this might be a good read. It definitely will make you think about shipping addresses! Oh please forgive my spelling or grammar. It's the engineer in me. Great with numbers, terrible with letters.

I've been in contact with the buyer, but it's been frustrating with his responses. Now, I do take in consideration that they may not at the computer everyday or maybe using a public system, but something doesn't sit right.

• After the customer bought the item, I noticed the address shown on eBid was different from PayPal.
    • Contacted the customer and explained that I use PayPal's shipping label platform for mailing, so the address registered with PayPal had to be corrected. The customer replied that the address on eBid is correct and he would have to take care of the address at PayPal. After that reply, his account with eBid is no longer active.
    • I ship packages within 24 hours so the next day I went to PayPal's labeling section and noticed that the customer did not correct the address. I contact them with the email I retrieved at PayPal and sent them a message that I would be shipping his package to the one he verified to be correct.
    • Package shipped with delivery confirmation. It only took a little over two days to get to his post office's zip code area. The USPS tracking showed that they attempted to deliver, but it was an Undeliverable Address and it was being returned. I emailed the customer in the early afternoon. They replied that they have never had this type of problem before but since they lived a couple of miles from their PO and they were going to the office right away and try to get their package. They emailed back saying that they didn't make it in time and they would go the next day. I contacted them the next day by email and they replied they couldn't make it again.
    • It's been 5 days since the USPS tracking information reported that it would be returned. Remember it only took a little over 2 days to get there. The post office said that it would not have any problems being returned to my PO Box. I've contacted PayPal and they've explained about what I should do. I emailed the customer and told them that I contacted PayPal and I will file a claim with the post office and I suggested that they may want to do the same with their postal office. I asked for buyer to pass on any helpful information that they've got. No word from the buyer.

So as you can see, I was hit by the address demon as others have been and he don't play fair. There can be several reasons why. But getting it sorted out is the best result I believe is expected. I'm going down today and look one more time for this parcel. If not there, I will have my shipping label receipt in hand, tracking will be pulled up on their system and maybe something will come from this. Importantly I need to finish this with the buyer.

The moral of the story. Always have the correct address!

Have a great day
    Greg

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Oh the Irony

Sounds like you've done everything you can so far.

Forum Master
    View darklisruthven's Feedback (+1327)
    All-About darklisruthven
    View darklisruthven's Listings
    Forum Posts

seems to me that you have bent over backwards to get things sorted...

Quote Originally Posted by darklisruthven View Post
    seems to me that you have bent over backwards to get things sorted...
    My wife says that the engineer in me just makes me over compulsive obsessive when it come to some things. I thinks she's paying me a compliment or maybe she's making fun of my habits. But I figured that sometime the extra effort is worth it. I track all my customers deliveries. I Just like to know they get their delivery.

I think somewhere in the past I worked for the pony express..

Thread Information