Thread: Adobe AIR no longer developed - Ninja lister affected

Forum Newbie
    High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
    View cliftonts's Feedback (+312)
    All-About cliftonts
    View cliftonts's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Adobe AIR no longer developed - Ninja lister affected

Having just reinstalled my linux system I'm in the process of setting everything up again and went to download Adobe AIR so as to install NL. The website displays the following message:

Adobe AIR for Linux is no longer supported. To access older, unsupported versions, please read the AIR archive.
    Different operating system?

So I can only presume as time goes on it will become more and more difficult to install AIR as Linux continues to evolve and AIR doesn't. Is there a plan to address this in the NL development?

Default Re: Adobe AIR no longer developed - Ninja lister affected

Given the time, cost, and effort involved in getting the version we have now, I suspect that if Linux can't be relied on to run it you'll end up having to install MS Windows in a second partition and run NL from that.

View 20sent06's Feedback (+11890)
    All-About 20sent06
    View 20sent06's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cliftonts View Post
    Having just reinstalled my linux system I'm in the process of setting everything up again and went to download Adobe AIR so as to install NL. The website displays the following message:

Adobe AIR for Linux is no longer supported. To access older, unsupported versions, please read the AIR archive.
    Different operating system?

So I can only presume as time goes on it will become more and more difficult to install AIR as Linux continues to evolve and AIR doesn't. Is there a plan to address this in the NL development?
    Version 2.6 for Linux still available for download from the Adobe Archive - it should still work - I have just updated my NL to v1.06 OK.

Quote Originally Posted by damian_steele
    Given the time, cost, and effort involved in getting the version we have now, I suspect that if Linux can't be relied on to run it you'll end up having to install MS Windows in a second partition and run NL from that.
    Old nutmeg: Adobe failing support for Linux users - Mac/Windows not an option once you are into Linux

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 20sent06 View Post
    Version 2.6 for Linux still available for download from the Adobe Archive - it should still work - I have just updated my NL to v1.06 OK.

Old nutmeg: Adobe failing support for Linux users - Mac/Windows not an option once you are into Linux
    I have an Ubuntu operating system and Windows XP on my pc on different partitions on my hard drive.

Can't this be done with Linux?

Forum Newbie
    All-About cliftonts
    Forum Posts

I was using V1.06 perfectly fine until I reinstalled but I've installed 64bit ubuntu now and it seems that getting any version of AIR to run is like getting blood out of a stone so I gave up.

No, I haven't used windows since 2006 and you couldn't pay me enough to go back! If NL doesn't work on linux then I'll simply change the way I use eBid and cut back drastically. Adobe AIR isn't a great way to make software work on linux anyway, relying on technology which can be pulled out from underneath you will always go wrong.

I have windows version of ninja lister running on 3 of my linux machines ( I too would never use windows again ) using Wine, and works perfectly.

Forum Newbie
    All-About cliftonts
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DandC_Warehouse View Post
    I have windows version of ninja lister running on 3 of my linux machines ( I too would never use windows again ) using Wine, and works perfectly.
    Now there's a thought...Not really a solution but it would make a good stopgap.

Thread Information