eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Welcome to New Members

Forum Newbie
    All-About patrick1011
    View patrick1011's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Welcome to New Members

Hey Everyone.

I just signed up for ebid not long ago today and so far finding it fascinating. Joined just so i could buy and sell on this interesting site.
    Will take all the help i can get from people to make my experience more enjoyable. Look forward to selling on this site and meeting everyone.
    Last edited by patrick1011; 2nd April 2013 at 09:32 PM. Reason: N/A

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by patrick1011 View Post
    Hey Everyone.

I just signed up for ebid not long ago today and so far finding it fascinating. Joined just so i could buy and sell on this interesting site.
    Will take all the help i can get from people to make my experience more enjoyable. Look forward to selling on this site and meeting everyone.
    Hi Patrick, great to see you here.
    Here's some help & there's lots more if you need it:

http://www.ebid.net/forums/showthread.php?140039-**-NEW-USERS-**-eBid-Knowledge-Base-for-answers-to-your-queries.&highlight=astral%27s+New+Users

Here is some helpful advice from another eBidder, kreativebargains, on another thread ~

List for 7-10 days with 10 auto reposts.
    Use the 81 available characters to get appropriate keywords in your title.
    Offer International shipping.
    Make sure you use appropriate keywords.
    Price your goods to be competitive with eBay and Amazon.
    Use keywords.
    Open a store(s)
    Keywords
    Add brand and barcode number to get the upload to Google Shopping, get an exemption if needed.
    Did I mention the keywords?

Have fun! Take time to get to know how it works on here & it will pay off in the longer term. Good Luck!

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Perhaps a good old fashioned whip might work?

Quote Originally Posted by tinaann View Post
    I have now uploaded a few listings, Now I have got in to using the site I am totally convinced that this site is 100% better in every way than eBay. It is easier, quicker and what I really do like is that I have control over what I sell and the way I sell and I can even put a P&P that suites me. If I have given anyone the wrong impression or said anything negative about eBid, then I apologise and take it all back. Yesterday I made my first sale on eBid and was fascinated by the fee on eBid (04pence). Now I know it was only a £1.99p sale, but on eBay that would have cost me 60p at least for the same listing. The important thing about that is it makes it affordable to sell an item at that price. I just need to figure out a way to convince buyers to move over. I think I know the trouble that could be causing this and that is sellers on eBid (myself included) also have the same items listed on eBay because of the selling power. We all know the answer to change that, but doing it is another thing. Now I am looking at suggestions of how to get buyers to move. I know about emails and leaflets and all the rest, but it us sellers, how do we change. It's there for the taking. I am working on an idea but may need help from other sellers, and I don't know if it will make a difference, but all I can lose is time.

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tinaann View Post
    I have now uploaded a few listings, Now I have got in to using the site I am totally convinced that this site is 100% better in every way than eBay. It is easier, quicker and what I really do like is that I have control over what I sell and the way I sell and I can even put a P&P that suites me. If I have given anyone the wrong impression or said anything negative about eBid, then I apologise and take it all back. Yesterday I made my first sale on eBid and was fascinated by the fee on eBid (04pence). Now I know it was only a £1.99p sale, but on eBay that would have cost me 60p at least for the same listing. The important thing about that is it makes it affordable to sell an item at that price. I just need to figure out a way to convince buyers to move over. I think I know the trouble that could be causing this and that is sellers on eBid (myself included) also have the same items listed on eBay because of the selling power. We all know the answer to change that, but doing it is another thing. Now I am looking at suggestions of how to get buyers to move. I know about emails and leaflets and all the rest, but it us sellers, how do we change. It's there for the taking. I am working on an idea but may need help from other sellers, and I don't know if it will make a difference, but all I can lose is time.

Great post! Suggest you post it on The Positive Thread

View sherlock07's Feedback (+301)
    All-About sherlock07
    View sherlock07's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi

My name is Paul

I have been a member for a little under 3 weeks, I find the users on here to be a reall helpfull bunch.

Keep up the good work guys.

Sherlock's Watches Store ~ Great Watches for the Family
    Sherlock's Bazaar
    ~ General Store

Welcome to all the new members. Glad you joined us.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shopteck View Post
    hello to everyone ia m new seller shopteck.com , hope to start and enjoy selling and buying in ebid.
    Have great new item at good price available..
    We are in the eletronics business since jan 2011 ...
    We selling pc components , vga, smartphones apple products and more..
    Thanks
    Welcome to ebid

Do you want us to buy from you on ebid or via your online store that you are advertising here and on your About Me page ?

View 20sent06's Feedback (+11945)
    All-About 20sent06
    View 20sent06's Listings
    Forum Posts

My go ;-) been selling mostly Postcards on here since January this year - my about page says all :-) but needless to say, it is a lot better than those OTHER places so far :-) now spending quality time on the forums - finding my feet so to speak.

And - the SUN is actually shining today in what is now, truthfully, sunny Ipswich!

TTFN

Forum Newbie
    All-About leguth
    View leguth's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hello, I just joined Ebid a minute ago. That's all.

Thread Information