Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Listings Disappearing!

Stoke-On-Trent, Staffordshire, United Kingdom
    View Darthmatt's Feedback (+45)
    All-About Darthmatt
    View Darthmatt's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Listings Disappearing!

I have had this happen a couple of times on this account, where i find i've lost auctions in much the same way as the mysterious phenomena of sacrificing a sock to the washing machine XD

More recently though i've found a strange reversal of having my lot number go up.
    I have everything set to 3day runs with 10 relists so they show up as ending soon more often rather than languishing in the depths of the searches etc.
    Every so often i will login, go to the unsold section and relist. I then go back to the unsold section where everything now only has the option of delete (because its already been relisted) then by chance i have logged in a few days later and found items i relisted (and then deleted) which seem to be running as duplicates.
    All of my items are one-offs as this is a personal account clearing years worth of 'stuff' from family, thus ruling out the issue where multiples are listed and 1 sells. So if items only show up in the unsold list when they have finished without selling and i only relist from there, which upon doing so only then allows them to be deleted, how are they duplicating? It's not even as though the system has glitched and listed twice when i hit the button, because generally the items show as finishing days apart.

Look out people eBid listings are either mating and reproducing OR they are disguising themselves as other listings in a bid for higher visibility and then having forged a German passport they will be off *whistling great escape theme*

Have a good day all
    M
    Just realised i needed to mod my old signature. No set categories yet, but i'll work on that now i am back and update as able
    --------
    Link to my old account for reference.
    Togsforall [/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Darthmatt View Post
    I have had this happen a couple of times on this account, where i find i've lost auctions in much the same way as the mysterious phenomena of sacrificing a sock to the washing machine XD

More recently though i've found a strange reversal of having my lot number go up.
    I have everything set to 3day runs with 10 relists so they show up as ending soon more often rather than languishing in the depths of the searches etc.
    Every so often i will login, go to the unsold section and relist. I then go back to the unsold section where everything now only has the option of delete (because its already been relisted) then by chance i have logged in a few days later and found items i relisted (and then deleted) which seem to be running as duplicates.
    All of my items are one-offs as this is a personal account clearing years worth of 'stuff' from family, thus ruling out the issue where multiples are listed and 1 sells. So if items only show up in the unsold list when they have finished without selling and i only relist from there, which upon doing so only then allows them to be deleted, how are they duplicating? It's not even as though the system has glitched and listed twice when i hit the button, because generally the items show as finishing days apart.

Look out people eBid listings are either mating and reproducing OR they are disguising themselves as other listings in a bid for higher visibility and then having forged a German passport they will be off *whistling great escape theme*

Have a good day all
    M
    Might it be that you had 'auto repost' on them?
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

View madelaine's Feedback (+5881)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

I find that the correct number of listings for a seller is only found consistently under "auctions" on the link from the all about page.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

All-About madelaine
    Forum Posts

Another mysterious disappearance... 68332579 ... I always repost all and this had no successor running. It has now. There were more but I can't face trying to locate each one.
    Madelaine

My Postcard Shop
    and

My listing 77480256 was one of 24 that closed last night (as scheduled).

The other 23 are on my Auctions I Ran Unsold Auctions page. I found this closed listing by entering the ID number. The only reason I knew about it is because I now keep a manual list of all auctions when I list them, their ID numbers, and the expiration date.

I found the email sent by eBid when I originally listed this item, and have forwarded it to support. I did not imagine this, I did not make a mistake, this is a bug in eBid's software.

It's a shame I can't trust this tool. I am forced to spend a lot of time every day saving this information so I know what to expect when the expiration date arrives. What more information can we give to ensure our auctions are added to our Unsold Items page when they close?

All-About madelaine
    Forum Posts

Without wishing this curse on anyone else, Tia, I'm relieved that it is not just me!
    Madelaine

My Postcard Shop
    and

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TiasTreasures View Post
    My listing 77480256 was one of 24 that closed last night (as scheduled).

The other 23 are on my Auctions I Ran Unsold Auctions page. I found this closed listing by entering the ID number. The only reason I knew about it is because I now keep a manual list of all auctions when I list them, their ID numbers, and the expiration date.

I found the email sent by eBid when I originally listed this item, and have forwarded it to support. I did not imagine this, I did not make a mistake, this is a bug in eBid's software.

It's a shame I can't trust this tool. I am forced to spend a lot of time every day saving this information so I know what to expect when the expiration date arrives. What more information can we give to ensure our auctions are added to our Unsold Items page when they close?
    Hi Tia

The item was deleted from "Auction I Ran" when it was reposted. If you tick the DELETE and REPOST boxes then it will be removed after being reposted which it did in this instance.

You currently have two running of the same title
    http://us.ebid.net/perl/main.cgi?go=...+One+Franc&go=

The first new one 86637368 was started at the same time 77480256 was deleted from Auctions I Ran according to our records.
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

All-About madelaine
    Forum Posts

and mine?
    Madelaine

My Postcard Shop
    and

All-About madelaine
    Forum Posts

I finally received a reply to this query - by sending it to support. Apparently, "it had no reposts left.

OK.. I'm going to shout

I ALWAYS REPOST ALL. IF A LISTING IS NOT REPOSTED IT IS BECAUSE IT DIDN'T APPEAR UNDER LISTINGS I RAN UNSOLD.
    Madelaine

My Postcard Shop
    and

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    I ALWAYS REPOST ALL. IF A LISTING IS NOT REPOSTED IT IS BECAUSE IT DIDN'T APPEAR UNDER LISTINGS I RAN UNSOLD.
    Same here!

I don't keep a detailed record of all the items I have listed but I do store them systematically. With the prints I list I put them in a folder and file them in a filing cabinet. It's only when I check later, auction listings against folder full of prints, that I realise auctions have gone missing.

Thread Information