Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Wow! Blue screen of death ... don't want new 'puter .....

Default Wow! Blue screen of death ... don't want new 'puter .....

Managed to get the Netbook up and running again for the time being but thought it may be time to invest in new hardware.

Looked at new Lappies. Saw Windows 8 .... OMG - it looks like an offering from Early Learning Centre. Nasty, garish and aimed towards the dumbed-down knuckle dragging mono-brow element. Hey guys - I do understand a menu system.

Bless CNet - they have some ideas for getting rid of the majorly stupid opening screen and working in Win7 style. Even that will be a drag as I just *lurve* my Win XP..

Anyway, I want a working lappie - not a toy to go Twattering or InYerFaceBooking with. I need to open multiple internet screens and progs and actually do something productive. And my best and fave software won't work on W8! And do I want a touchscreen? NO - I certainly don't. This is really a big setback.

GRUMP! GROWL!

Will go a-hunting for a decent spec machine that I can own and manage - not one where I'm told what's best for my 'Exciting Experience'. Micro$oft have really gone a stage too far with this junk.

Ahhhhh .... venting is good.

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Wow! Blue screen of death ... don't want new 'puter .....

How about a no-nonsense OS for free? Like Ubuntu? (not instead of but as well as) - switch between the two - the song "I'm in Heaven" comes to mind lol!!!

Will it run my 32 bits progs? Dreamweaver etc?

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

I think you need to google Ubuntu ....

"How does it compare to my system?

With Ubuntu, you can do all the things you can do with other operating systems. But with Ubuntu you can do them faster, more securely and, of course, for free.

Fast, free and incredibly easy to use, the Ubuntu operating system powers millions of desktop PCs, laptops and servers around the world. Ubuntu will work with your existing PC files, printers, cameras, music players and smartphones - and it comes with thousands of free apps."

Thread Information