Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: a really good reason to threaten someone

Default Re: a really good reason to threaten someone

The problem with holding a knife is that you cannot claim to be defending yourself - they will assume you were waiting to attack.

If there is another occasion, consider using a deodorant spray (perfume, body spray, hair spray, whatever propelled spray you have to hand). You can use it like a pepper spray (CS gas) just give them a good does in the eyes, nose and mouth - but NOT if they are smoking. Just tell the fuzz that you were using it or about to use it on yourself when the event began.

View MPS16's Feedback (+3501)
    All-About MPS16
    View MPS16's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by damian_steele View Post
    The problem with holding a knife is that you cannot claim to be defending yourself - they will assume you were waiting to attack. .....
    Sorry I really dont understand the logic.

One has every right to hold a knife in ones own home.

If someone then forces their way into your house then it must be reasonable to defend your self with that legally owned knife.
    Please Visit My Stores

Meccano Shop
    Postcards Shop
    Stamps Shop
    DVD Shop

I'm free-I'm free
    And freedom tastes of reality
    I'm free-I'm free
    And I'm waiting for you to follow me

TOMMY

Quote Originally Posted by MPS16 View Post
    Sorry I really dont understand the logic.

One has every right to hold a knife in ones own home.

If someone then forces their way into your house then it must be reasonable to defend your self with that legally owned knife.
    It is a question of intent.
    Standing in the kitchen using the knife to cut food is quite reasonable and is not illegal.
    Standing behind the door, clutching a knife and waiting for someone to break in is preparing to attack.
    If the householder is already holding the weapon before the intruder gets into the property it demonstrates premeditation. The householder has obviously thought about the situation and is preparing to use the knife as a weapon despite still having the option of trying to escape via another route. At the moment we are told that doing this is wrong. If the householder was to grab the knife as they ran through the kitchen once the intruder is chasing them, it would be seen as using the knife in a defensive role as an attack against the householder was already under way.
    In other words, you can only defend yourself once you are being attacked.

I know; it sucks, doesn't it.
    Last edited by damian_steele; 15th October 2012 at 07:47 PM.

Forum Saint
    View Pink_Panther's Feedback (+177)
    All-About Pink_Panther
    View Pink_Panther's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by damian_steele View Post
    It is a question of intent.
    Standing in the kitchen using the knife to cut food is quite reasonable and is not illegal.
    Standing behind the door, clutching a knife and waiting for someone to break in is preparing to attack.
    If the householder is already holding the weapon before the intruder gets into the property it demonstrates premeditation. The householder has obviously thought about the situation and is preparing to use the knife as a weapon despite still having the option of trying to escape via another route. At the moment we are told that doing this is wrong. If the householder was to grab the knife as they ran through the kitchen once the intruder is chasing them, it would be seen as using the knife in a defensive role as an attack against the householder was already under way.
    In other words, you can only defend yourself once you are being attacked.

I know; it sucks, doesn't it.
    tell me about it!

Those lowlifes know the law and no action is being taken against them.

As for myself , I fell for the officer's apparent sympathy and told him everything that had happened/

I was totally convinced that I had done nothing wrong!

He then arrested me for affray??????

Result will be 2 scumbags will get halo's while I may get a criminal record!

Justice it aint!

I dare them to charge me!

Cambuslang, South Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    View KAYS6912's Feedback (+245)
    All-About KAYS6912
    View KAYS6912's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pink_Panther View Post
    I have had two incidents this week where drug addicts, out of their heads on crack cocaine have battered my door, threatened me and called me a grass.

I stood behind my own front door with a kitchen knife. I didn't go out.
    I didn't threaten to stab anyone. I just waited there armed with the knife waiting for the police to arrive.

Upshot was , they saw the knife and arrested my for affray.

I spent the night in the cells and have been bailed pending further inquiries.

This is Britain today! A Mad sad place!
    FFS! That's bang out of order. Take it to the papers Pink! Bloody disgrace. It's when I read things like this I am sooo glad I live 5 floors up in a multi storey flat, which has a double dose of secure entry and a 24 hour concierge service!

My cousin owns a shop and starts about 5.00 am to do papers etc. He was walking through the shop when suddenly realised someone was behind him. When he turned, a wee ned was there with a knife, raised ready for use. Drew smacked him in the chest and got the knife off him, then run him out of the shop. Think he must've given the wee veggie the fright of his life, probably because Drew is 69 years old and he wouldn't have been expecting that reaction from him. Drew phoned the police straight away, waited for hours and nothing happened. His son then got hold of someone of VERY high rank and told them what he thought of the "F" Division force. Within 15 minutes of that phone call, the shop was over-run with police, forensics, the works. But it shouldn't BE like that.

The area where the shop is has been taken over by these wee neds. They are all about 15 years old and in the past month, they have broken into practically every shop - and they ALL, with the exception of the Medical Practice have steel shutters. The managed to get into the butchers and nicked all the knives, wrecked the surgery, broke into the library but thankfully only got the safe (cos they couldn't find the light switches). They've broken into the a few of the takeaways, back into Drew's shop in broad daylight and nicked the till but their latest was the limit. They broke into the local church and the church hall and absolutely wrecked the place. This is when you would hope that a bolt of lightning would coming streaking down from the sky and incinerate the wee lowlife scum bastids!

But nothing is being done. Why? Because they are "only 15" and apparently don't know right from wrong. Aye, right! They could maybe get away with that once but not on the serial sprees they've been on. And the police know every single last one of them. It's going to end up the people of the area are going to want to reclaim their streets and form a vigilante group. Probably the best thing that could happen. Might get some REAL justice that way!
    Nancy
    Ceud mìle f?*ilte!
    ‘A hundred thousand welcomes!’

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/BARGAIN-BROWSER

GENERAL STORE

Which brings it down to the TV program Road Wars, Police Interceptors etc, they only do their job when there's a camera on them, and as one officer clearly stated on the program "the camera's are watching me, not you"
    Don't walk in front of me..I may not follow-don't walk behind me..I may not lead-just walk beside me and be my friend.
    Albert Camus

PERSONAL RECORD SET
    27hours 30minutes without sleep

Thread Information