Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Welcome to New Members

Default Re: Welcome to New Members

Quote Originally Posted by LondonMichael67 View Post
    Hi all. Another newbie here. Looking at using this place as I am now getting fed up with ebay making up their own rules as they go along. Haven't really delved into this too much yet, so is it easy just to get selling? How much like ebay is it? How are other newbies finding it? Am I asking too many questions? Well I look forward to seeing how this goes.
    Hi, welcome to ebid...as you say.lots of questions. if you look through the forums you will find all the answers. firstly most of the members are ex feebayers, it is smaller but much friendlier here, most sellers find it slow to start with, however we now find it as busy (if not busier) here than on the other side. best advice we can give is to browse the forums, there is a lot of very helpful info there. for general questions that are not covered, dont be afraid to visit the kitchen table, they are a friendly bunch. good luck.

Feel free to browse my stores

http://hobbyhabitat.ebid.net All things crafty
    http://plain-and-purl.ebid.net Knitting Patterns
    http://floating-buy.ebid.net Fishing Tackle

Forum Newbie
    All-About LondonMichael67
    View LondonMichael67's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thank you both for a friendly welcome. There are a few things that I want to buy and sell, so I'll give this place a whirl for a while. By the way, I love the phrase feebay. Sums the place up in one word. Trying to sell enough over there to try and pay the bill at the end of the month.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shtew View Post
    Hi,
    New to ebid as well as this forum, which I found whilst looking for some Help info.
    So far, I must say, this site is far more difficult to use for me, having been an eBayer for many years now, and looking for an alternative.
    I can't seem to find the simplest links for info...tho it's most likely my error.
    Such as how to "relist" an item...my auction/listing ran it's course, now I'd like to relist/repost it...where's the link...?
    I go to "My ebid"...and all it takes me to is a never ending have to login every single time, no matter what preferences I've set up...then, I get a page that wants me to upload scans of my utility bills & drivers license or passport...I don't HAVE a scanner, or a passport, or a currently valid driveres license.
    Is this what's not letting me access my auction info so I can repost...?
    The "Help" links are less than informative regarding any of this, so now I have to reply to a message on this forum...
    Even on this forum...where/how do you start a new thread...?
    So far, at this point, I'm kinda glad that I didn't sign up for "seller+"...

Frustrated On eBid

Best Regards, Shtew
    Welcome to eBid.
    You are a new member and I suspect you are trying to sell an expensive item. For newbies, this will trigger the verification engine which asks for more information from you. This prevents scammers from accessing eBid and protecting it's members. Once verification has been accepted, you are good to go plus you will be able to offer more expensive items for sale without any further verification.

All-About rosetree5
    View rosetree5's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi everybody,

I just joined and have not even listed yet but I will asap. I was looking for an alternative to ebay due to exorbitant fees and disenchantment with their rules. I was selling on ebay for over 6 years and the rules kept changing that when closely examined made the fees higher. I hope to have a happier time on Ebid.

All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rosetree5 View Post
    Hi everybody,

I just joined and have not even listed yet but I will asap. I was looking for an alternative to ebay due to exorbitant fees and disenchantment with their rules. I was selling on ebay for over 6 years and the rules kept changing that when closely examined made the fees higher. I hope to have a happier time on Ebid.
    Welcome aboard!

Be aware, you have only 24HRS FROM SIGNUP to opt for the seller+ lifetime membership for 49.49 - after 24hrs it will cost 74.99

There are of course, other subscriptions available, the lowest being 1.99 for 7 days. All subscriptions (except seller+ lifetime) are recurring and eBid will charge you automatically.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post

Be aware, you have only 24HRS FROM SIGNUP to opt for the seller+ lifetime membership for 49.49 - after 24hrs it will cost 74.99
    WRONG!!! http://www.ebid.net/forums/showthrea...=1#post1182865

There has been no statement that this has changed.

My take on signing up: http://mootango.webspace.virginmedia...idkb.htm#a0004

Forum Newbie
    All-About crissylloyd
    View crissylloyd's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi, I am new to e bid and any type of online sites to sale products. I have several questions but I do not know where to go to chat live with people in chat rooms. Please tell me if I am in the right place or is there somewhere that you can guide me?

All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    WRONG!!! http://www.ebid.net/forums/showthrea...=1#post1182865

There has been no statement that this has changed.

My take on signing up: http://mootango.webspace.virginmedia...idkb.htm#a0004
    Mel, I am not wrong. That is exactly what it says on eBid's front page. New members don't know about the other options of getting seller+ Lifetime membership for 49.49 until it's too late or they come to the forums moaning about how it all works. I'd like to know how many newbies find that response on the forum from Gazza dated 7th April 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by crissylloyd View Post
    Hi, I am new to e bid and any type of online sites to sale products. I have several questions but I do not know where to go to chat live with people in chat rooms. Please tell me if I am in the right place or is there somewhere that you can guide me?
    Welcome to ebid. Watch the 'how to videos' on the help page [just click help on top right of any page]. This should help you with a lot of your questions. If there are other questions, come back to the forums and start a thread in the appropriate forum. Someone will be along to answer your questions.

View 2steps's Feedback (+525)
    All-About 2steps
    View 2steps's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi all. I don't know if anyone will remember me, I used to post/sell on ebid about 8 years ago

Thread Information