eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Promoting eBid on eBay

View ajfinds's Feedback (+11)
    All-About ajfinds
    View ajfinds's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Promoting eBid on eBay

I really get on the forums to see what is new and how to do different things on here just happy with ebid thats all and want to say thanks for all the help we receive when we have questions. Need to get back to inventory and doing pictures and getting items posted have a great day everyone thanks

Forum Lurker
    View wilber11's Feedback (+657)
    All-About wilber11
    View wilber11's Listings
    Forum Posts

your diction makes no sence, try english diction

Hope all you posters on here who jumped ship are finding your way round and getting the sales. It can take time, but at least when you sell you get to keep some of the cash rather than selling to pay fees only. Not sure if they are all from greedbay, but I have seen some great new members listing stuff on here. Keep up the good work, the more who switch the better.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wilber11 View Post
    Your About Me page is all screwed up.

Forum Newbie
    Wickhamford, Worcestershire, United Kingdom
    All-About theoutletvillage
    View theoutletvillage's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ajfinds View Post
    I was just thinking if we all went on the other site and posted to just 5 forums in a 24 hour period not knocking them telling to check us out can you imagine we might just overload there system. If there are more takers let me know I will be the first on the ban wagon to make other one wish that our site never was created LOL we could jam them up ready when you are
    I am one of those who read one of the forum posts about ebid. you are right there are a lot of disgruntled sellers on ebay. I think its mainly to do with DSR and that through ignorance or malice, buyers can trash your DSR without any real warrant, even if the seller has done their level best to assist.

If 2.01% of your sales trash you, you are out. We are an above standard seller on ebay and were once TRS, but because of our despatch time 6 - 7 working days (which customers know before purchasing) we lost TRS, even though we had proof via tracking that every single package we sent, went within 5 working days!

I see ebay as a massive risk in terms of building a business base there and I really hope EBID is able to take them on and present a serious threat to their monopoly. I appreciate that they have a big task, but I signed up here to show my support and am going to list my products on here, even if it takes them years to do it, if we dont support ebid, how can they possibly try.

Ebay are so arrogant about their monopoly they dont even seem to care if people do promote ebid on there... I havent seen threads removed because of it, so please do keep on doing it.

DSR's are a big problem on eBay, I had a couple of warnings to improve or risk being downgraded, It can also be very difficult to get them altered on there, I have spent hours on the phone trying to convince them that a buyer cannot give a low DSR for item not as described when they are claiming not to have recieved it. It is one of the reasons I moved, the risk of having the rug pulled out from under me was becoming increasingly real. Anybody still on eBay should have another option at least in the planning stage, if not already in place, from what I see the risks are still there on top of the pressure from increased fees and for many lower visibility.

Forum Saint
    Kingswinford, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View crafters_corner_2's Feedback (+327)
    All-About crafters_corner_2
    View crafters_corner_2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wilber11 View Post
    People in glass houses.....

Your diction makes no sense. Try English diction.

Ebay are so arrogant about their monopoly they dont even seem to care if people do promote ebid on there... I havent seen threads removed because of it, so please do keep on doing it.
    I have just spotted a knitting pattern with the eBid logo
    Last edited by knit_wits; 5th July 2012 at 01:30 PM.

How about Ebid giving all its user free car stickers for instance and then when Ebay have a free listing day everyone puts them up for sale, lol
    I wonder if they would remove the listings as they do with mentions of Ebid in their forums

Thread Information