eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: To considerthelilies....

View rokins_toys's Feedback (+770)
    All-About rokins_toys
    View rokins_toys's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: To considerthelilies....

I do not see the point in starting a thread and then closing it, how are you supposed to advice on the subject? Lol. When I signed up to eBid nearly 4 years ago it stated about free listings for life, but I also read the part about paying a 2% final value fee if you wanted a thumbnail pic on all your listed items.

I have to say, a 2% final value fee is absolutely nothing, especially on the majority of items I sell. I am looking at about 12p per item on some items with the 2% final value fee (even 10p of other items), but if I was to sell these items on eBay, I'd be looking at a 80p-90p final value fees plus a listing fee for however many months until it sells.

Yes, you can get 100% free listings on eBid, no final value fees etc. but the reality is, a lot of potential buyers will search for an item and they tend to only look at the listings that have a thumbnail picture in search results so the 2% final value fee is worth it, especially when you consider that you can have 5 free photos per item as well which I use on specific items where most other places like FeeBay want to charge you for additional photos and an extortionate amount too even when you are hosting them yourself like I do via photobucket.

Sellers who are new to eBid really need to open their eyes and read things and give themselves time to learn their way around everything, and use the forums for the help and advice that is there!!
    “Doing business without proper advertising is like winking at a girl in the dark. You know what you are doing but nobody else does and the girl doesn't even know you're winking at her either."

View NuttyKrafts's Feedback (+644)
    All-About NuttyKrafts
    View NuttyKrafts's Listings
    Forum Posts

It does say " zero auction fees for life" on the home page and at the top of this page too, so it could be misleading for anyone not bothering to read further.
    Nutty by name, nutty by nature.
    /

Hand made items here

Bits and pieces here

Fund raising for L.O.R.O.S. here

Books and music for L.O.R.O.S. here

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    Why post a point, apparently for discussion, and then close the thread?

If you are shocked by 2% fees for a gallery auction then perhaps you should have read a bit more carefully?
    And this was helpful????

Quote Originally Posted by NuttyKrafts View Post
    It does say " zero auction fees for life" on the home page and at the top of this page too, so it could be misleading for anyone not bothering to read further.
    Yes it does say that....and it can mean "zero auction fees for life" ...as written. I also tht that 5 free pics INCLUDED the thumbnail one. Thank you so much for acknowledging it can be misconstrued. Doesnt matter now tho, I am in and I am adding the 2% and still in learn mode. Never too old to learn and it helps when you have nice and understanding teachers>! :}

Forum Saint
    Kingswinford, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View crafters_corner_2's Feedback (+327)
    All-About crafters_corner_2
    View crafters_corner_2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hope after the initial hiccup that you will enjoy being here and consider your fees good value for money.

There is always someone on the forums to help with queries - the natives are usually friendly

Good luck with the sales.

View ropegg's Feedback (+424)
    All-About ropegg
    View ropegg's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    I do have some sympathy with the poster - and others that have made similar complaints.

I do feel that wherever eBid makes statements like 'No More Fees' in relation to Seller+ Lifetime that they should also make clear that the statement is conditional, and provide (at a minimum) a link to a fuller explanation.

Yes, people should read deeper before signing their money away, sadly many do not. I don't think it unfair to say that eBid is guilty of a lack of clarity in some statements they make regarding Seller+ Lifetime.

Something like this may not be the real answer but to me it seems it might help.

Name:  eBid listing type.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  85.8 KB
    My stores:
    Ropegg
    Cups-Cups-Cups
    And Other Stuff
    Peggy A's Jewels

God Bless and have a great day!!!!

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ropegg View Post
    Something like this may not be the real answer but to me it seems it might help.
    Not really. If the user has got as far as placing a listing, or looking at the fee table in Help, they are beyond where the problem lies. It is initial attention grabbers like 'Free T-shirt * Zero Listing Fees * Zero Final Value Fees' (such as on the site front page) that lack clarity. They would be better worded something like: 'Free T-shirt * Zero Listing Fees * Zero Final Value Fees Option (when using the Free listing format)', or a clear 'Conditions Apply' statement - with a link to those conditions.

Even that has problems, as (while placing a listing is always free on eBid) many people will feel a pre-sale charge for things like subtitled or highlighted listings is a listing fee - even though it is a feature fee.

Some just cannot see beyond words like Free and Zero. If you put up a sign saying 'Free Lobotomies' there would be people forming a queue around the block.

The clarification, or a clear link to that clarification, needs to be made at the point such statements are made. You still can't make people read it, but it would be a defence against claims of eBid making misleading statements.

Really, to cover yourself against people that are bedazzled by words such as Free you can't have short and snappy promotional material, you have to clearly set out exactly what they are getting.

View ropegg's Feedback (+424)
    All-About ropegg
    View ropegg's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    Not really. If the user has got as far as placing a listing, or looking at the fee table in Help, they are beyond where the problem lies. It is initial attention grabbers like 'Free T-shirt * Zero Listing Fees * Zero Final Value Fees' (such as on the site front page) that lack clarity. They would be better worded something like: 'Free T-shirt * Zero Listing Fees * Zero Final Value Fees Option (when using the Free listing format)', or a clear 'Conditions Apply' statement - with a link to those conditions.

Really, to cover yourself against people that are bedazzled by words such as Free you can't have short and snappy promotional material, you have to clearly set out exactly what they are getting.

This is true. I think when free is used without explicit clarification of qualifications (if any) it is usually because they know it will bedazzle people. IMHO it doesn't do much to increase credibility. Don't give a feeling of dishonesty to some on their first impression.

Make it clear, not misleading or where they need to find the real meaning of free.
    My stores:
    Ropegg
    Cups-Cups-Cups
    And Other Stuff
    Peggy A's Jewels

God Bless and have a great day!!!!

Thread Information