eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: G and M

Quote Originally Posted by pasiphae
    Gaz

I'm not familar with vBulletin much, but I now with things like postnuke (different animal I know) the user can select froma choice of themes....

Is that available with vb?

a
    Yes, but each skin would have to be 'hacked' or modded (depending on your paranoia level and how comfortable you are with terms).

Say the default skin that matches ebid is up and running. phrases and postbits/templates have been modified to make things like the arcade work. If multiple skins are installed, those same modifications have to take place through each skin which is labourious and time consuming. Most 'big boards' will only have one skin due to these issues.
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

Quote Originally Posted by gazza
    Yep, once you have more than one installed, then users can choose their favourite and stick with it. To be honest I had a quick look and most of them are pretty amateur with too many gory colours and lary gifs.

G
    Definitely sounds like PostNuke then !

Just wondering if, as some people have legitimate problems with some colurs, perhaps a choice of two Cool Blue and Trad Yellow for example?

The problem with design is that, every one has a go and they normally only look good for about 3 millisecs

Yep, once you have more than one installed, then users can choose their favourite and stick with it. To be honest I had a quick look and most of them are pretty amateur with too many gory colours and lary gifs.

G
    PMSL................. no comment just will be pleased to stay with a nice calming colour scheme ROFLMAO

Quote Originally Posted by LordGod
    Yes, but each skin would have to be 'hacked' or modded (depending on your paranoia level and how comfortable you are with terms).

Say the default skin that matches ebid is up and running. phrases and postbits/templates have been modified to make things like the arcade work. If multiple skins are installed, those same modifications have to take place through each skin which is labourious and time consuming. Most 'big boards' will only have one skin due to these issues.
    Ask the man (sorry deity) who knows!

Fair enough, my experience with Post/PHPNuke (brrrrrrr) is that its often a compatibility nightmare as well.

Thanks
    a

Mt. Marion New York, Avon, United Kingdom
    View aries458's Feedback (+470)
    All-About aries458
    View aries458's Listings
    Forum Posts

I don't even know where you see who's doing what...doesn't matter, maybe it is the viewing who is PMing who that is upseting users...but, I suppose if you had a naughty PMing you under another ID, causing bad feelings you would want to know who it was. I think that is also why vBulletin has these features in place. Cuts out a lot of people getting hurt from nasties in the long run....and in the past, a lot of people were having problems with that.
    Playin in the mud

And this is why the transparency will work - if the naughty pm's you, then publish it.

I'm just amazed at the drama.

Battersea, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View rainbowcraft's Feedback (+2067)
    All-About rainbowcraft
    View rainbowcraft's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmist
    Wrong . I was going to PM babs, but decided to Email instead because of this invasion of privacy. I was concerned about Bab's dog for the nosey ones amongst you. Of course you just love it rainbow, as it was you reporting what I was doing on the KT. I don't poke my nose into your business, so keep out of mine.
    Babs it's best if you just email me in future.
    I came on again only as I just had notification of a pm from Ebid. I shall be cancelling that option. As it said it was a PM from Babs I had to check.
    BOLLOX, Dragonmist, and you know it. I NEVER reported you on the KT, I told you that, I thought me and you had kinda made it up after all your accusations, but it seems you still hold an unfounded grudge. I NEVER reported you.

And when I said you and Babs were PMing, it was because you both said the same thing at the same time. So get off my case, just cos I made a joke. Sheesh.

All-About rainbowcraft
    Forum Posts

I'm quite happy with the way things are at the moment, I turned off the ability to hide because I didnt think there was anything to hide from, plus it makes the place look busier with more names down the bottom.

Once we launch our first 2 tv sites (us.ebid.tv and uk.ebid.tv) (aiming for 1st week in Jan) we will look into changing the colour scheme of the forums to match, just not enough hours in the day at the moment.

G
    We have nothing to hide, G, and I personally thank you for all your hard work. I like this forum, looks good for all the reasons you mention.

All-About rainbowcraft
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gothica
    Gazza ......... love the new site already and I dont care that people can see what Im doing (does that make me pervy?)
    If so...then I am too!!! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by rainbowcraft
    We have nothing to hide, G, and I personally thank you for all your hard work. I like this forum, looks good for all the reasons you mention.

LOL nope nothing at all.............. dont care who knows who Im pm'ing

Psst Tracey you get those love letters I sent you via pm earlier

Thread Information