eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: again Google/eBid system fails to notify seller via ebid Icon system of payment

Default Re: again Google/eBid system fails to notify seller via ebid Icon system of payment

Quote Originally Posted by iwiw60 View Post
    Sorry, quicksilver...I disagree with your work-around. The seller needs to log in to Google Checkout once the item has been "charged" and Mark as Shipped...it's the only way to keep the records straight within the confines of Google Checkout's system. A pain in the patootie, I agree, but it is the correct way to do it. Extra steps...yikes!
    The work around is still a valid one as since the communications between google and ebid does not work properly, nor does it light the "S" icon indicating it was shipped once the "google side" has been completed by the seller. The ONLY way to complete the eBid lighted icon system is for the seller to manually "Mark as Paid" and "Mark as shipped" so that the seller has an accurate record of what transpired, however this still does not correct the fact that thru the "Ebid system" the seller does not get notified that a Google payment has been initiated which makes a seller think the buyer is a non paying buyer.

View iwiw60's Feedback (+761)
    All-About iwiw60
    View iwiw60's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: again Google/eBid system fails to notify seller via ebid Icon system of payment

The ONLY way to complete the eBid lighted icon system is for the seller to manually "Mark as Paid" and "Mark as shipped" so that the seller has an accurate record of what transpired
    Yes, you are correct...the only way is for the seller to manually mark as paid and shipped. It's ALWAYS been that way, and in my opinion, rightfully so. It is up to the seller to keep track and mark icons as the sale progresses. That way there is no question as to who did what...the seller has the obligation to do so.

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have just had a BIN sale where the buyer has paid using Google Checkout - not only did I get notification from eBid that this was the case; the 'P' was green on the AAL without me having to do anything. Go figure?

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Just had a thought - what notification callback URL are you using on your Google Checkout account - mine is back to eBid so that's probably why the AAL is working for me.

it should be https://www.ebid.net/perl/googlecheckout_in.cgi

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anniemcc2 View Post
    I have just had a BIN sale where the buyer has paid using Google Checkout - not only did I get notification from eBid that this was the case; the 'P' was green on the AAL without me having to do anything. Go figure?
    The icon will be half green if you have to accept the payment at Google still.

The icon will be all green if you don't have to accept the payment at Google, eg. it has been auto accepted there.
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Thread Information