eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rehashing the "Watchers" tally (or lack of). Please, someone with influence respond!

Default Re: Rehashing the "Watchers" tally (or lack of). Please, someone with influence resp

Adrumi,

You and I were responding at the same time.

I watch because I want to see if something sells. I watch because I have something like it and need to know if there is interest in that item. Sometimes I watch to see how a certain seller is doing.

I don't watch to buy. If I am shopping for something and I find it I bid or buy, but I don't watch things I want.

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Rehashing the "Watchers" tally (or lack of). Please, someone with influence resp

Quote Originally Posted by dardonboi View Post
    Adrumi,

You and I were responding at the same time.

I watch because I want to see if something sells. I watch because I have something like it and need to know if there is interest in that item. Sometimes I watch to see how a certain seller is doing.

I don't watch to buy. If I am shopping for something and I find it I bid or buy, but I don't watch things I want.
    I probably watch for a variety of reasons. To see if an item sells and how much it sells for. Sometimes I'll have a similar item so I like to watch and see if it sells for the starting price or how much it gets bid up to so I can use that as a guidline for my listing. Most of all I put an item in my watch list so I can refer back to it and hopefully snipe it at the end of the auction. Then sometimes I'll place an item or items in my watch list while I shop around for the same item to find the best bargain available.
    Although true the watcher feature is not a guarantee of any sort it just helps guage interest in your items. I have had items with watchers galore that have never recieved bids then I have had items with 1 watcher who have placed a bid at the end of the auction then there are the watchers who don't watch too carefully and let the auction end then contact you and ask if it will be relisted stating I missed the end of the auction.
    I just don't beleive the "watcher" feature hurts the site in any way and if folks are wanting it, why not?
    Just something to throw on the table and if there are more important things which need to be implemented as Kim has stated then put it on a back burner for now.
    If the featuure is in fact something which may hurt the site then we need to get that out in the open and explain it to folks who desire this feature.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

It might be possible to have the watchers list implemented if enough people are interested.
    I created a Poll for a 'MAKE AN OFFER' option which went on for quite some time, and finally it will be introduced this month to our sales options. http://www.ebid.net/forums/showthread.php?150948-Would-you-like-a-MAKE-AN-OFFER-option

Persistence sometimes pays off.

Why not create a Poll and ask the folks what they would like? Let it run about 2 months.

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bluebedouin View Post
    I know my place.I look up to both Madelaine & Mel as I have less influence than either of them.
    I look down on Madelaine, Mel, Kim and Blue because I am far away, hiding on top of a hill and ruling over the entire eBid forum....but have no influence over decision making here

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Until some of buyers (I mean buyers who only buying all around stuff and not selling in here anything or anywhere else) come in here and write for all about similar stuff which we not have in here likes other big auction site we not going to know nothing much better if this all stuff which we don’t have in here is going to help us or not like sellers…
    We need the buyers for our items and we need like that similar buyer’s opinion in here too… (Again the buyers who buying only and not selling anything in here or anywhere else)…
    Obliviously the buyers who is are seller and buyers too in same time not working very well or person can have much sales from that (one day sell, next day spend on same site is far away from real selling business…and by the way even on eBay the sellers who selling a lot make much more sales from the buyers who comes on eBay only for buying and not selling anything…

Thread Information