eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Is this really what eBid wants?

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Is this really what eBid wants?

I was searching for a few items I need for the house and figured I would check eBid first. My first search was Metal Wall Art and several listings came up. I also found one that I could possibly use but wanted to ask the seller a question to make sure they were still around so I went to the bottom of the listing to "ask a question".
    What I saw was kind of a shocker. Large Banner with a link to a different website selling metal wall art. Clicked on the link and found hundreds of styles I would be interested in. Unfortunately for eBid they lost a sale.
    Next I wanted an Air Purifier. Found some here on eBid. Same scenario, at the bottom of the listing was a large Banner but this time with 3 seperate links of websites selling air purifiers. I haven't clicked on any of these links yet to check styles and pricing I decided to stop and post this right away.
    Is this really what eBid wants members, guests and random visitors to see when looking at sellers auctions?
    Not everybody has their adblocker turned on and I'm thinking there might be a whole lot of folks using these links to find more of what they are looking for leaving the original auction they were looking at behind!
    My thought is if we are trying to keep buyers here and eBid sellers are doing everything they can to promote this site why would this be allowed?

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Is this really what eBid wants?

Couldn't agree more.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

It has been raised before. Then eBid said to report any inappropriate ads that appeared and they would add a filter to block them. I don't think it is our job to police the adverts that eBid displays, so if eBid needs the ad revenue they should ensure the ads displayed are appropriate.

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    It has been raised before. Then eBid said to report any inappropriate ads that appeared and they would add a filter to block them. I don't think it is our job to police the adverts that eBid displays, so if eBid needs the ad revenue they should ensure the ads displayed are appropriate.
    I have raised similar in the past. It was in regards to the ads here and on the home pages. These show in individual auctions which I guess are sparked by keyword searches but I could be wrong.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Too bad, IMHO it does detract from the site, though I don't see many ads with pop up blocker on, so that's a good thing.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

I think this question was brought up on another thread this weekend and it was reported to adm. As of an hour ago the listings were still there. There seem to be 2 sets of rules. One set for those of us who read the rules and one set for those that just do what they want to do.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dardonboi View Post
    I think this question was brought up on another thread this weekend and it was reported to adm. As of an hour ago the listings were still there. There seem to be 2 sets of rules. One set for those of us who read the rules and one set for those that just do what they want to do.
    I understood that what was being discussed was the advertisements that eBid tag onto the bottom of pages - not external e-commerce links that the seller inserts into their listings.

Thread Information