Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: How do i know if my goods are on Google shopping

Red face How do i know if my goods are on Google shopping

Hi from a newbie
    How do i know if my goods are on Google shopping and if they are not how do i get them on,please explain in easy to follow instuctions ,im currently selling on e*ay and Ebid ,very well on eb*y but very slowly on Ebid ,so i thought i would expand on to Google , i have checked prices on google and mine are much ,much more competitive.
    Yours In Anticipation Terry( Appiancetopspare)

Unhappy Re: How do i know if my goods are on Google shopping

Further to your enquiry,
    I have had a site on ebid for a couple of years , and sales are very slow compared with you know who, so i thought maybe if i listed on google shopping it would help my sales and bring more people to ebid in the process.
    Well i have finally given up- I have tried and tried to get my ebid shop VERIFIED by google , but it just keeps telling me that they cannot verify my shop on ebid. Which is strange as i have several other shops and they are all listed with google shopping via my google merchant site.
    I will admit , i am no wizzkid at HTML, and some of googles explanations are as clear as mud -

But i think it is time that ebid made this aspect somewhat easier, and do them selves a lot of good in the process

I like this site and would put far more onto it if some of the "systems" were easier to follow or operate (e.g. a customer ordered something and there was a problem -but i cant talk to him unless he has sent my a question first (i understand why they do it -- but most of us are honest and just want to give our customers the best service possible -and are not interested in ripping off ebid for a couple of percent)

Default Re: How do i know if my goods are on Google shopping

Quote Originally Posted by kendalkandystore View Post
    Further to your enquiry,
    I have had a site on ebid for a couple of years , and sales are very slow compared with you know who, so i thought maybe if i listed on google shopping it would help my sales and bring more people to ebid in the process.
    Well i have finally given up- I have tried and tried to get my ebid shop VERIFIED by google , but it just keeps telling me that they cannot verify my shop on ebid. Which is strange as i have several other shops and they are all listed with google shopping via my google merchant site.
    I will admit , i am no wizzkid at HTML, and some of googles explanations are as clear as mud -

But i think it is time that ebid made this aspect somewhat easier, and do them selves a lot of good in the process

I like this site and would put far more onto it if some of the "systems" were easier to follow or operate (e.g. a customer ordered something and there was a problem -but i cant talk to him unless he has sent my a question first (i understand why they do it -- but most of us are honest and just want to give our customers the best service possible -and are not interested in ripping off ebid for a couple of percent)

Not sure what you mean by verified, but if you mean exempted because they don't have barcodes, you have to follow the steps as posted in Gazza's post about it, you shouldn't need to be dealing with google directly, if you do, eBid will not be notified as to whether your store has been exempted or not.
    If your items are not on google products, & google are saying they need to see them before they can exempt them, then contact support & ask them to make sure your products are uploaded so google can see them to decide whether to give an exemption or not.

Although as far as I remember, if the items from your own website are on google products, & you have the same items listed on eBid (or any other site) Google will not allow you have items from both sources listed.

This is the second time you've posted this about making contact with a customer & it is NOT true, once a person becomes your customer, meaning they win an auction, or BuyNow, you both get the other's details.
    You can both contact one another via the AAL or direct email.

The people you cannot contact directly are
    prospective customers.
    Last edited by Gothicina; 18th December 2011 at 07:30 AM.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by appliancetopspare View Post
    Hi from a newbie
    How do i know if my goods are on Google shopping and if they are not how do i get them on...
    This has been asked and answered: http://www.ebid.net/forums/showthrea...n-google-shops

Hi Gothicina,
    I think maybe my forum posting was badly worded (well it was 3.00am -yawnnnn). I was trying to get across that some of the response methods for customers seem to a very aged silver surfist like me to be somewhat cumbersome.The particular transaction i had in mind was the recent need to contact a customer who had ordered a product which the manufacturer had recently discontinued , and although an alternative was available, i wanted to check with the customer if it would be suitable , and the AAL system kept telling me that "the customer has not asked a question " -- But then again its probably me trying to contact using the wrong method. I tend not to use personal emails (even though the information IS available- as i have found that many seem to end up in the spam file of the recipients computer, and so many never get read.)
    Seasons Greetings

regards
    Leon

View MPS16's Feedback (+3501)
    All-About MPS16
    View MPS16's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kendalkandystore View Post
    ....the AAL system kept telling me that "the customer has not asked a question " -- But then again its probably me trying to contact using the wrong method. I tend not to use personal emails...
    Its you who has to ask the question from the drop down AAL menu.

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 114
Size:  17.2 KB
    Please Visit My Stores

Meccano Shop
    Postcards Shop
    Stamps Shop
    DVD Shop

I'm free-I'm free
    And freedom tastes of reality
    I'm free-I'm free
    And I'm waiting for you to follow me