Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tomorrows strike

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Tomorrows strike

Quote Originally Posted by BLOXBOOKS View Post
    The last three post (16,17,18) got me thinking about a book I read called "Road to Ruin".........What some folk on these forums call "do-gooder" wanted a change in the way things were do to avoid the deaths of children, mostly boys between 5-14, employers and folk who used this service we not to keen, but a reform was made and these boys must be provided with foot wear before being sent up chimneys to clean the soot, it did little to save lives but made rich folk feel they were..... I just can not imagine to be honest. There was a bit of a trend in the past, poor working folk do jobs that made them, sick, maimed and killed them, so after about 500 years of a law that prevented workers from forming a union, to protect their rights, I gotta think some proggress has been made, its sad to think how a society made be heading in the wrong direction, still with the same systems that keep a select ruling elite in such positions of power over our lives.

Quiz who wrote

“Don’t be deceived when they tell you things are better now. Even if there’s no poverty to be seen because the poverty’s been hidden. Even if you ever got more wages and could afford to buy more of these new and useless goods which industries foist on you and even if it seems to you that you never had so much, that is only the slogan of those who still have much more than you. Don’t be taken in when they paternally pat you on the shoulder and say that there’s no inequality worth speaking of and no more reason to fight because if you believe them they will be completely in charge in their marble homes and granite banks from which they rob the people of the world under the pretence of bringing them culture. Watch out, for as soon as it pleases them they’ll send you out to protect their gold in wars whose weapons, rapidly developed by servile scientists, will become more and more deadly until they can with a flick of the finger tear a million of you to pieces.”
    and when?
    Jean marat some time in the 18th cent

his words stand true today as the day he wrote them.
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

Quote Originally Posted by billsbooks View Post

It seems to me to be unpatriotic to try use Union might to try to maintain pre-2008 expectations. Please notice that all kinds of deserving people are suffering and going to be suffering, and all need to shoulder their share.
    Has everyone forgotten the pension "holidays" employers gave themselves during the "good" years? Maybe if they had kept their side of the bargain and paid their contributions (employees of course continued to pay) there would be more money in the funds now.

Quote Originally Posted by billsbooks View Post
    That is the issue for all, in indebted countries across the world in all sectors.

Everyone will have to work harder and longer to get a pension, expectations for many have been dashed.

It seems to me to be unpatriotic to try use Union might to try to maintain pre-2008 expectations. Please notice that all kinds of deserving people are suffering and going to be suffering, and all need to shoulder their share.
    Yes everyone will have to work harder and at what cost to this country in sickness benefits when 65 - 67 year olds cannot cope with the workload expected ?
    Yes people will have to work longer and at what cost to youth unemployment ? People who should be at the end of their working lives will be sitting on jobs that should be made available to young people to cut unemployment.
    Teachers are not only being told that they have to pay more and work longer but their pensions are no longer to be based on their final salery but on an average, some will be losing thousands. Yes I know this has already happened to a lot of people in the private sector, and they have my full sympathy, but there is no need to inflict it on others. To regenerate the economy you need people spending and this won't happen if people are merely trying to survive on a tiny pension.

Young people will not be attracted to public sector jobs if the security is not there for their retirement, what are they going to choose, higher paid work with little pension in the private sector or lower paid work with little pension in the public sector ?! So what will be the answer when there is a shortage of trained staff in the medical and teaching professions ?... Oh yes of course, let's bring in more people from overseas to fill the gaps and add to our housing crisis !

Sorry but in my personal opinion the government are wrong on this one.

Forum Lurker
    View Vinylization's Feedback (+277)
    All-About Vinylization
    View Vinylization's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    Yes everyone will have to work harder and at what cost to this country in sickness benefits when 65 - 67 year olds cannot cope with the workload expected ?
    Yes people will have to work longer and at what cost to youth unemployment ? People who should be at the end of their working lives will be sitting on jobs that should be made available to young people to cut unemployment.
    Teachers are not only being told that they have to pay more and work longer but their pensions are no longer to be based on their final salery but on an average, some will be losing thousands. Yes I know this has already happened to a lot of people in the private sector, and they have my full sympathy, but there is no need to inflict it on others. To regenerate the economy you need people spending and this won't happen if people are merely trying to survive on a tiny pension.

Young people will not be attracted to public sector jobs if the security is not there for their retirement, what are they going to choose, higher paid work with little pension in the private sector or lower paid work with little pension in the public sector ?! So what will be the answer when there is a shortage of trained staff in the medical and teaching professions ?... Oh yes of course, let's bring in more people from overseas to fill the gaps and add to our housing crisis !

Go Cornishmaid

Good points, well made!!

Les

Forum Saint
    View RonOne's Feedback (+4296)
    All-About RonOne
    View RonOne's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post

Ok I'm willing to listen,
    Labour left us without any money to invest,

What would you do different ?

Quote Originally Posted by RonOne View Post
    Ok I'm willing to listen,
    Labour left us without any money to invest,

What would you do different ?
    If I had all the answers Ron I would be running for parliament !
    I'm not going to be drawn into stating how an individual thinks things should be done as this would start to cause arguements and as I'm not an economist I also wouldn't presume to do so. This is a good thread with everybody stating their view points so I'm happy to leave it as such and not risk it getting deleted.

Forum Saint
    View tonyreddevil's Feedback (+74)
    All-About tonyreddevil
    View tonyreddevil's Listings
    Forum Posts

Where i work you cant take a holiday till Christmas Eve.The boss says extremely busy.Had 5 days left.Had to take them in November.I should think a few persons would want to do Christmas shopping In December and not just Saturdays.

View victorfrank's Feedback (+160)
    All-About victorfrank
    View victorfrank's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lejoueurdepipeau View Post
    Has everyone forgotten the pension "holidays" employers gave themselves during the "good" years? Maybe if they had kept their side of the bargain and paid their contributions (employees of course continued to pay) there would be more money in the funds now.
    Allez Le pipeau! Aux barricades! 'Marchons, marchons, .......'

View BLOXBOOKS's Feedback (+5010)
    All-About BLOXBOOKS
    View BLOXBOOKS's Listings
    Forum Posts

sidthelamp. Yes, and yes, Marat was ahead of his time.
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/BLOXBOOKS

Thread Information