eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: All my listings closed automatically. Anyone know why?

Forum Lurker
    View BackIssuesOnline's Feedback (+33)
    All-About BackIssuesOnline
    View BackIssuesOnline's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default All my listings closed automatically. Anyone know why?

Hi. On the 10th of this month I got an email from eBid warning there were too many emails to send. The reason for this seemed to be that all my listings - all 99 of them - had been closed. I never closed them myself, it must have been eBid's system. Is it because I haven't made a sale for a few months? I have been logging on occasionally, but due to ill-health I haven't been able to add new items. I have searched the forums and help for some idea why this has happened, but can't find anything.

Can anyone suggest why this has happened?
    Thanks
    Jim

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: All my listings closed automatically. Anyone know why?

Quote Originally Posted by BackIssuesOnline View Post
    Hi. On the 10th of this month I got an email from eBid warning there were too many emails to send. The reason for this seemed to be that all my listings - all 99 of them - had been closed. I never closed them myself, it must have been eBid's system. Is it because I haven't made a sale for a few months? I have been logging on occasionally, but due to ill-health I haven't been able to add new items. I have searched the forums and help for some idea why this has happened, but can't find anything.

Can anyone suggest why this has happened?
    Thanks
    Jim
    It's possible that your listings ran out of automated relists. You get 10 auto relists. If this is the case, you should see your listings in your unsold area.

Laurencekirk, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
    View WiccaBasketUK's Feedback (+451)
    All-About WiccaBasketUK
    View WiccaBasketUK's Listings
    Forum Posts

If you had them on a 10 reposts it may just have come to the end of its cycle. Just go into auctions i ran and click relist for all of them and it will start again
    Not a member yet? Sign up now for free:
    http://uk.ebid.net/perl/normal.cgi?r...=register-main

Forum Lurker
    Forum Posts

Thanks for the fast replies #2 and #3. I have looked in unsold and sure enough they are there, but I had them listed as Run Until Sold. And if they were auto-relists, surely they would not all end the same day as they were listed over the course of several months?

I understand relisting is easy, I am just worried I have done something naughty which is against the eBid rules, or my account 'timed out' because I had not logged on for some time.

Jim

All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

I think Run Until Sold does have a max amount of days then goes to the unsold folder. I don't know what the max days are.

All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

I found this:

39) What does "Run Until Sold" mean?

Run Until Sold is available for Fixed Price sales (sales which only have a BuyNow price and do not have any bidding facilities). If you have say 10 items up for sale on a on a Fixed Price sale then this auction will run until all items are sold. It does not have a fixed ending time. Available to SELLER+ only.Run Until Sold items may be removed 180 days or later after listing. eBid deems this time sufficient for the listing to generate bidding interest. Prior to reposting we would suggest customers review the listing to see if any changes need to be made.

http://us.ebid.net/help_selling.php#39

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post
    I found this:

39) What does "Run Until Sold" mean?

Run Until Sold is available for Fixed Price sales (sales which only have a BuyNow price and do not have any bidding facilities). If you have say 10 items up for sale on a on a Fixed Price sale then this auction will run until all items are sold. It does not have a fixed ending time. Available to SELLER+ only.Run Until Sold items may be removed 180 days or later after listing. eBid deems this time sufficient for the listing to generate bidding interest. Prior to reposting we would suggest customers review the listing to see if any changes need to be made.
    They must have reduced it. I thought they settled on 365 days after the last login (which I thought was too long).

The above is a typical piece of eBid text though, RUS cannot be used on listings with bidding facilities, but 180 days is sufficient to generate bidding interest. (??????)

eBid really could do with engaging a proof reader.

Forum Lurker
    Forum Posts

Mmm. Still doesn't explain why they all ended at exactly the same time. So for example, one magazine was listed 28/11/09 and had 559 views. Another, a pack of ten transistors, was started 05/03/10 and had 78 views. Another was listed 03/12/09, and so on. I guess I just need to list them again, and shout if they all get closed another time.

Thanks for the help folks.
    Jim

Forum Newbie
    View katzcats's Feedback (+1)
    All-About katzcats
    View katzcats's Listings
    Forum Posts

hi there. i sold an item a few years ago but didn't start back selling til last week. (easier navigation on ebay till lately. ebays fdbk rules are awful and ebay is very expensive.).

i did read, in ebids rules and regs, that if us sellers don't reply to emails (i think it said w/i 24 hrs) that our listings would be removed. i check my emails daily but don't see YET, where to catch them, within ebids site. regardless of health issues, and i am sorry that you have problems, good luck. however, maybe you can have someone check, for you, when you are temporarily incapacitated...

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Maybe check to see if eBid e mails are blocked; if eBid is unable to contact you, they might remove your listings.

To find out what's up, you can always contact support: support@ebid.net and ask.

That bit about RUS is news to me, my RUS items have been listed since I started selling here in 2010 without a hitch. Perhaps it has something to do with member logins/regular usage of the site?

Glad you're feeing better now.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Thread Information