Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I can't change the length of time a listing should run

Default Re: I can't change the length of time a listing should run

The four auction IDs in my first post were originally posted 89 days x hours (spaced about an hour apart). When I logged on this morning they showed 87 days. They should have been 88 days and some number of hours. Something subtracted an extra day from the original time, and they were mixed in with repostings from two days ago. The repostings (9 of 10) started about ten days ago and the previous ones were OK.

Although annoying, I could have managed this if I had been able to change them, but the edit absolutely would not save any of my changes.

This time, I am trying to change one of my Run Until Sold listings to have an expiration time. I have entered several values, my most recent try is to close after 30 days10 hours 10 minutes.

Regardless of how many days, hours and minutes I enter, the time shown on the page is 0 days 0 hours 0 minutes.When I looked at the listing in Edit Mode, it showed Close auction after -85 days 2 hours 27 minutes. That is a NEGATIVE number of hours which the system will not allow me to physically enter (I tried it to be sure).

The auction ID number is 48325611

I'll leave it running as is (with the incorrect number of days/hours/minutes).

ADDED: I just made a test change to another Run Until Sold listing: I expanded the title and changed the selling price. The system made that update with no fuss. This problem appears to be happening only when we change (or add) the time until a listing closes.

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TiasTreasures View Post
    This time, I am trying to change one of my Run Until Sold listings to have an expiration time. I have entered several values, my most recent try is to close after 30 days10 hours 10 minutes.

Regardless of how many days, hours and minutes I enter, the time shown on the page is 0 days 0 hours 0 minutes.When I looked at the listing in Edit Mode, it showed Close auction after -85 days 2 hours 27 minutes. That is a NEGATIVE number of hours which the system will not allow me to physically enter (I tried it to be sure).

ADDED: I just made a test change to another Run Until Sold listing: I expanded the title and changed the selling price. The system made that update with no fuss. This problem appears to be happening only when we change (or add) the time until a listing closes.
    48325611 is closed now, can you confirm it was originally Run Until Sold.
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    48325611 is closed now, can you confirm it was originally Run Until Sold.
    Yes, it absolutely was a Run Until Sold. It's still on my manual list for today with a note to add the "Close after" days/hours/minutes. I look these up ahead of time and note which ones to change.

I found it on my Closed Auctions and have now reposted it as a Run Until Sold again.

All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

When changing from RUS the start date should automatically be changed to now, seems in this instance the start date of July was kept and therefore the end date was in August when you changed it to a 30 days running time.

Looking into this.

Thx.
    eBid.net

All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TiasTreasures View Post

Should be ok now.
    eBid.net

Cambuslang, South Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    View KAYS6912's Feedback (+245)
    All-About KAYS6912
    View KAYS6912's Listings
    Forum Posts

I had problems last night with two auctions. They weren't showing in their store but WERE on Auctions Running showing CLOSED (trying to figure THAT one out) although this was about two hours AFTER closing - but with another 6 reposts left to run. Tonight I tried to change the closing time of an auction - system won't let me. I also discovered last night that one of my auctions had gone missing. I only know because there are some similar items all posted at the same time. The missing item wasn't showing ANYWHERE and I KNOW I didn't delete it. This has happened several times and I've only realised when I've been going through my pictures folders to delete photos of items which have been sold. Maybe I've been at fault once or twice - but not ALL the time.

Tonight I listed an auction but when I actually posted it, the description is NOT set out as I intended. I don't think the system should be changing my lay out in anyway.
    Nancy
    Ceud měle f?*ilte!
    ‘A hundred thousand welcomes!’

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/BARGAIN-BROWSER

GENERAL STORE

All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KAYS6912 View Post
    Tonight I listed an auction but when I actually posted it, the description is NOT set out as I intended. I don't think the system should be changing my lay out in anyway.
    Do you mean the description changed after the Preview page (with the purple wide banner)?

The WYSIWYG editor will tidy your HTML to suit standards. The PLAIN HTML box can be used if you wish your descriptions to be exactly as you wish.
    eBid.net

Harrogate, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View gbsbks2010's Feedback (+1964)
    All-About gbsbks2010
    View gbsbks2010's Listings
    Forum Posts

I am finding something similar.

item 50568954

I edited the title, changed the auto repost back to 10 put the close auction time to 10 days.2 hours.49 saved - went back in via edit and the time had changed to 0.3.57. Changed the time this time to 10.0.57, saved, went back in via edit and the time had changed to 0.2.4. Does this meant that the item is now going to auto relist 10 times every 2 hours?

All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Dont forget when you change the end time, the start time remains the same.

Eg. if the auction started 9 days ago and it has 1 day left (eg. it was 10 days long originally) and you edit the end time to 12 days, it will have 3 days remaining. The start time does not change unless you edit it also.
    eBid.net

Thread Information