eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Halloween treats!!

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Halloween treats!!

Got tired of the same old treats. Every year we give candy and more candy but trying to give a treat the kids will enjoy, appears to be a lot and I know will get used is difficult. Well at least difficult without spending a ton of money.
    Over the years kids coming to the door for treats has dimished quite a bit. Plenty of factors attribute to this but mostly the time allowed by law means the kids have maybe 3 hours to round up all the treats they can.
    Nowadays Mom's and Dad's will rifle through the treats and determine what is best for Junior...on the authority of their Dentists, Physicians, Psychiatrist's, Teachers, etc, etc, etc!
    Can't really give them anything holsum as that comes from our kitchens and not as safe as a factort designed to whip out more then 10,000 pounds of "tasty" treats daily.

I just thought this year I would do things a bit different. For the same amount of money we are going to give the kids 3 of 1 each of the following....

Juice boxes (100% juice)
    Rice Krispy treats (everyone needs their sugar)
    Peanut Butter and Cracker packets (The individually wrapped packs of 6)
    Packet of Microwave popcorn (No not the extra, extra, extra butter kind)

Now Christine thought I was crazy for this, instead of just buying candy. I thought it was a bit different but thinking...it might get used and not go to waste. Could be 3% healthier then candy but...

View luvintage's Feedback (+468)
    All-About luvintage
    View luvintage's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Halloween treats!!

I try to buy little things at auction that my grandson can pass out. This year I had purchased a whole box of Beanie Babies and a box of really cute magnets that had pictures of kids on them. They would be just right to hang their art work on the fridge with!
    Welcome to all of our eBid shops.

If you haven't already registered on Ebid, PLEASE CLICK HERE! Registering is FAST, EASY and FREE!

http://baubles-bangles-and-beads.ebid.net/

Despite having a large sign on my door stating ''no trick or treaters'' we still had 2 come to the door this evening.

brats.

View luvintage's Feedback (+468)
    All-About luvintage
    View luvintage's Listings
    Forum Posts

My mother-in-law kinda felt like you mags. She put a big empty box on the front porch with a sign that read, "first come first serve". Then she'd sit by the door and listen to everyone say things like, "oh no some mean kid took them all".
    Welcome to all of our eBid shops.

If you haven't already registered on Ebid, PLEASE CLICK HERE! Registering is FAST, EASY and FREE!

http://baubles-bangles-and-beads.ebid.net/

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by luvintage View Post
    My mother-in-law kinda felt like you mags. She put a big empty box on the front porch with a sign that read, "first come first serve". Then she'd sit by the door and listen to everyone say things like, "oh no some mean kid took them all".
    LOL! Now that's what I call clever.

Used to get candy myself - I get next to no trick or treaters, but it wound up getting eaten anyhow. This year I decided on Wendy's Frosty coupons for free Frosties, easier on the scale.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Thread Information