Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: What if Ebid advertised on Facebook?

Forum Newbie
    All-About BestShape
    View BestShape's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default What if Ebid advertised on Facebook?

I have read a lot on here about people wondering why Ebid doesn't advertise more. Well, I have a suggestion. If money is an issue, why not utilize facebook ads? I owned my business for over a year and every time I dedicated $100.00 to facebook targeted ads, I would make about $800.00 in profits. I used the pay-per-click and I would get about 200 clicks out of my $100.00. I just think that it would spread the word a lot faster, which means EVERYONE, including Ebid would make more money. Just a thought..........

View madelaine's Feedback (+5881)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: What if Ebid advertised on Facebook?

Ebid was advertising on facebook at one time. I'm not sure if it is still running
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

View mrsandman's Feedback (+518)
    All-About mrsandman
    View mrsandman's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi, I have seen Ebid on face book. There was another post on the persons page yesterday.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

There is an eBid seller group on Facebook.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BestShape View Post
    I have read a lot on here about people wondering why Ebid doesn't advertise more. Well, I have a suggestion. If money is an issue, why not utilize facebook ads? I owned my business for over a year and every time I dedicated $100.00 to facebook targeted ads, I would make about $800.00 in profits. I used the pay-per-click and I would get about 200 clicks out of my $100.00. I just think that it would spread the word a lot faster, which means EVERYONE, including Ebid would make more money. Just a thought..........
    If $100 nets you $800 in profit you may want to keep that going and advertise your eBid stores. If it remains that profitable Im sure others will do the same but I wouldnt count on eBid to jump on the bandwagon.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Facebook is great!

But the OP obviously does not know how it works or how much it costs.

I have advertised my Dads product on there got some hits and made a few sales.

But you have to bid to get your ad shown and you are up against large corporates and high priced products.

So you may have to bid say .50p or 1 pound or say $1 or $2.00.per CLICK.
    Once you do this Facebook then show your ads and if someone clicks on it you have to pay that bid figure.

So ebid would need to convert lots of the clicks to Seller+ members to gain any revue.

So when you are paying out hard cash you need to get a return.
    And of course as Facebook gets more members and more business start advertising that advertising bid goes up, as there is only so much space on ebid (3 or 4 ads down the side)

Forum Newbie
    All-About BestShape
    View BestShape's Listings
    Forum Posts

Actually, I do know how it works and how much it costs. I suppose I just had a very sought after product. I forgot how saturated the online auction business is. I only paid per click and my bid was about $0.83, but it also fluctuates depending on your ratio of how many times it is shown to how many times it is clicked. I know quite a bit about business and marketing, thank you. I was just trying to help but you clearly think you know more than anyone else. I obviously don't know how facebook ads work or how much they cost. I only utilized them for over a year and continue to do so with my primary business. I was not expecting individual sellers to use the ads, just thought maybe Ebid could use them to scare up more business, but I guess not. Juliebabe is clearly the smartest person here, so we should all bow to her as we mull over the idea of following someone's business advice that has 21 feedback after almost two years. If you want the business people, go out and get it. Sales do NOT come to those who wait. And if Ebid is unwilling to lift a finger to help bring people in, kind of makes you wonder how they can say so many negative things about Ebay. At least those people are making SOMETHING! Good day.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

And if Ebid is unwilling to lift a finger to help bring people in, kind of makes you wonder how they can say so many negative things about Ebay. At least those people are making SOMETHING! Good day.
    eBid do not get involved (make comments) with negative things about Ebay, it is the many eBid members who do.

View Brunwulf's Feedback (+90)
    All-About Brunwulf
    View Brunwulf's Listings
    Forum Posts

I obviously don't know how facebook ads work or how much they cost. I only utilized them for over a year and continue to do so with my primary business. I was not expecting individual sellers to use the ads, just thought maybe Ebid could use them to scare up more business, but I guess not.

Like the first two replies say eBid already advertise on facebook,

Here is a quote from an ebid news letter.

"We've been long time advertisers on Google and it's affiliated sites and have this month increased our ads there and also made our largest ever advertising purchases on the following sites : Facebook, Bing, Yahoo, MSN, AOL and Plentyoffish. "
    Last edited by jimbo750; 29th September 2011 at 02:25 AM.

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Actually, I do know how it works and how much it costs. I suppose I just had a very sought after product. I forgot how saturated the online auction business is. I only paid per click and my bid was about $0.83, but it also fluctuates depending on your ratio of how many times it is shown to how many times it is clicked. I know quite a bit about business and marketing, thank you. I was just trying to help but you clearly think you know more than anyone else. I obviously don't know how facebook ads work or how much they cost. I only utilized them for over a year and continue to do so with my primary business. I was not expecting individual sellers to use the ads, just thought maybe Ebid could use them to scare up more business, but I guess not. Juliebabe is clearly the smartest person here, so we should all bow to her as we mull over the idea of following someone's business advice that has 21 feedback after almost two years. If you want the business people, go out and get it. Sales do NOT come to those who wait. And if Ebid is unwilling to lift a finger to help bring people in, kind of makes you wonder how they can say so many negative things about Ebay. At least those people are making SOMETHING! Good day.

If you want business YOU go out and list many items as you can in here and find the buyers as many as you can…because ‘’eBay mindset'' not working in here and as you can see in here you pay one time life time membership fee and very low fees only if items sells…no listing fees, no fees for stores…no fees for the shipping…on eBay you pay for everything and most of time in advance doesn’t matter if your items is sold or not…So how you can expect in god sake from eBid to give to you similar results of sales likes eBay if you not pay for that, in here is all up to you for membership fee you have auction site list your items for free and find the buyers in any way you can…if eBid is going to find for you many buyers from advertising like eBay…well…in that case everybody will pay similar fees in here for everything like on eBay and after that will be the same story all over likes speaking now for eBay…I mean eBay can’t give to you advertising if not charge you fees for everything and use part of this money for advertising, so how eBid can give to you advertising with low fees in here…is just no way…advertising cost big money…eBid is it nice auction site where is all up to YOU and only YOU how you will find buyers for yourself…so get busy and list more of 9 items and don’t worry for the listing fees, don’t worry for stores fee and don’t worry for accepting payment you can use any payment as you like…many buyers is all around and I believe true seller’s can always find buyers for own items…In the end I wish you good sales and luck in finding buyers for yourself…...

P.S. I am on eBay from 2002 and I know how make sales on eBay but I know how I make sales on eBid too…

Thread Information