eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Thread: Why do I get the impression people are afraid to buy here?

Default Re: Why do I get the impression people are afraid to buy here?

Hot seller list? never heard of such, but will be sure to check it out......See you are from G. Town, Ky, Naturelady. used to live in Lex. myself. It was a weird thing for a FL girl, but made many friends.

Good luck to all!

View Naturelady's Feedback (+653)
    All-About Naturelady
    View Naturelady's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well Minervabird, we were almost neighbors. Check out "Hot Seller" list at the bottom of "Buy" and "Stores" pages. Hope to see you there soon.

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DZAMBO View Post
    Thanks ''All'' for reply...so you have bunch of free time but you can't go home much early and receive same amount of the money for which you work now...right....?...online saes....heh...oh boy...boy....my home phone always ringing and similar peoples call and always try to ''sell'' me something...I just answer ''will you buy something from me''....I am on sales too I selling my service...and by the way I don't know if you work for yourself or not but job is job....keep rolling a less you have much free time...
    For the life of me I can't understand how you come up with "Free time". Sitting in the car for hours and hours driving to and from jobsites or clients I guess could be considered free time but I don't look at it as free time more of wasted time so that is where technolgy really helps out. While sitting in traffic or on the way somewhere it's very time effective to answer emails, voicemails or check the socal venues so when I do get into the office my time can be spent ordering jobs and performing the labor planning aspect of our business.
    Last Wednesday I took a few clients golfing. I still answered my phone and responded to emails, texts and even some eBid forum remarks. I think free time in this case would have been shut the phone off and play golf but that would have just buried me for the next morning and may have taken me all day to catch up. This started out as trying to point out to you that not everybody has the ability to list, list, list because you feel if they can respond to forums they obviously could be listing instead. I can't imagine taking pictures of my items while driving or carrying them in the car with me wherever I go nor could I imagine having a regiment where I list everday when I get home. When I get home during the week that is my free time and I enjoy cooking a nice dinner, relaxing, having a cocktail and enjoying music out on the deck. Couple hours later it's time for sleep to prepare for the next day. I do put aside Saturdays for repairing cymbals, testing products I sell on line, taking and uploading pictures and creating listings along with logging costs and sell prices for tax records. Packing and printing labels I do as items sell and use my free time between 7:00 PM and 10:00 PM during the week. Other free time is spent for example: building a deck and pool, cutting the lawn, remodeling the house or performing the repairs needed around the house which may crop up. I'm not much for paying repairmen to fix something which may have broke. Water heater I replace myself, oven stops working I replace the part myself, painting and flooring or any carpentry around the house I handle myself, tune ups oil changes that's me also. Keep in mind everything is not as black and white and "simple as that" as you state. God Bless you if you can inspect your items, take pictures, upload the pictures and create a listing along with keeping track of the item all within a minute but I cannot. From inspection and testing of the item to final listing creation probably takes me a minimum 20 minutes so hats off to you Dzambo you are fast and I am happy you have the free time on your hands and are in front of a computer where your items are located to be able to list, list,list. I'll keep whatever time I have considered to be free time exactly as that...free time.

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well…’’All’’…you’re hard worker too…and I don’t know how are you old and I hope everything will work for you until time you’re can’t work anymore…I don’t use much technology but I know most of stuff how to use or fix, O yea I driving around but not that much and with that driving I can go anywhere I like and catch all my personal stuff or visit stores, postal service, gov. paper work, licenses’, all stuff which many need to take day off to catch this and I am able between that to go in my work and catch all because I work only about 25 hours a week right now….I can use a vacation many days as I like even a whole year and back without problem which is most of peoples can do for rest of life…I have contract and is always up to me how much time I will spend in my job because if I stay 1 hour in one place or 5 hours it is same money so after almost 9 years in this job I figure out to finish one place in 1 hour or a little more and keep client happy…and most of time I can go whatever time I like…I don’t like to go in job early in the morning as anybody know traffic is big and some peoples wake up much early to go just to escape traffic I don’t like this either and come very late and all days is gone not much time for anything time for sleep and like this go 5 days a week after weekend come if I work like this I will need 1 and half day on weekend just to rest and be able to be ready for Monday and for all over again and like this work for almost rest of life is just not works for me….After I come in this country first I don’t speak English and no writing at all, I have school for 13 years I just finish all shortly before war in my ex-country but in here nobody count this for better job and to go all over again I need to find somebody to pay bills for me in here and top of that I need to borrow a Zillion $ for the school and own this money probably for the next 20 years I don’t like this either…which after all anybody can see this country changes a very much from time before and even with school people work service jobs and own a zillion $ for the school…I always say Entertainment , Shopping Malls, Low paying service jobs, and all stuff from which peoples work or business and from that stuff which people can’t survive if anything happened in the future nobody will need this likes for jobs which build this country and all this stuff can’t move economy I will not move doesn’t matter what…For the eBid members and as can you see and with many which we talk I think most of is just peoples older from me nothing wrong with that because I will be in late ages too one day if I live enough, but my point is I think most of this peoples have free time I mean most of don’t work anymore regular job or spending week after week outside of own place so I always think you have that much free time too and you stay in your place too most of time…but you still working and that’s ok…O yea I have time to take my picture for my items and all other stuff because I not selling heavy items or items which peoples going to buy maybe one or two in lifetime or economy go down people will try to save money for living things and I don’t worry for the shipping too because most of my items is very small and because all of that I can list quick and ship quick…and I fix or replace most of my stuff in my house because I have much free time and I don’t need to wait to go late after my job for the parts or wait weekend to do that…I can do whatever time I like…And I work my job which is never going outside of this country and peoples will need it doesn’t matter what is economy hard time or easy time…and believe me people will need this because is very very hard to survive without this but entertainment can wait because if is economy bad peoples will pay you instead throw out own money for entertainment…But I can understand anybody works any job what this person like for most of us….Thanks for your reply ‘’All’’…and by the way as can I see you answer me very early in the morning well I still sleeping in that time but that’s ok you can answer me later in afternoon if you not busy…good day to you couple more hours for you to work and you will be back in your place I wish you safe riding and good luck…….....

View caramia64's Feedback (+399)
    All-About caramia64
    View caramia64's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HerMajesty View Post
    I often buy from those i've bought from in past and have been pleased with etc. Though always looking to give others some sales. I think its important for all of us not only to list but to buy too!

GONGS = royal seal of approval for your comments!!!!!
    Thank you for clarifying that for me!!!

Well Minervabird, we were almost neighbors. Check out "Hot Seller" list at the bottom of "Buy" and "Stores" pages. Hope to see you there soon.

i have not been here for a few days and am shocked at all the replies to my query. I have presently only skimmed them all! i had an new idea today...start a thread and ask that all eBid users BUY something...maybe just a trinket, something not so expensive, only what you can afford from another member...just to get things rolling.....

My plan from feebay......OH I MISSED YOUR AUCTION..will you take $10?....the best this week was IT IS MY BIRTHDAY>>WILL YOU SELL IT FOR HALF PRICE? gag me with a spoon....is the thought in my head...but wait.....it is listed on another venue where i pay less fees and can sell it for less...look here: (insert link).......

Forum/ebid/seller/newbie....

I will get the hang of it.....

I cannot wait to see the psu count with an additonal numeral in front of the listings. ....

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by minervabird View Post

i have not been here for a few days and am shocked at all the replies to my query. I have presently only skimmed them all! i had an new idea today...start a thread and ask that all eBid users BUY something...maybe just a trinket, something not so expensive, only what you can afford from another member...just to get things rolling.....

My plan from feebay......OH I MISSED YOUR AUCTION..will you take $10?....the best this week was IT IS MY BIRTHDAY>>WILL YOU SELL IT FOR HALF PRICE? gag me with a spoon....is the thought in my head...but wait.....it is listed on another venue where i pay less fees and can sell it for less...look here: (insert link).......

Forum/ebid/seller/newbie....

I will get the hang of it.....

I cannot wait to see the psu count with an additonal numeral in front of the listings. ....
    LOL! I'll bet some folks have b'days every week or so.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

The "birthday" thing was a new one on me...been an online seller since 1998 24/7/365.....
    Just had to laugh...(to myself, of course) and express my utter dismay that my consignor did not wish to give a stranger a birthday gift....it was all I could think of on short notice....Said items are now on eBid for alot less.

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by suesjools View Post

Best wishes for many sales to all,

I was asked when my Birthday is. I said April 27th. They asked:What year? I told them: every year.

They asked:What year?
    I would have said "mind your own business, you nosy bugger"
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Thread Information