Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Buyer left 37 x neutral FB, all 'No Comment'

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Buyer left 37 x neutral FB, all 'No Comment'

I'm sure most will understand that you were naturally very upset at what had happened to you. I think it is very big of you to post an apology like you have done.
    I do hope those awful neutrals get removed for you.

@ Cheaver
    Thanks for that. Support have now removed the feedback.

As far as the notifications go, reading back through the thread, I've re-read TiasTreasures post:

"The items were purchased on June 25, and the feedback was left on July 15. I think that this email is sent after 30 days. Which means this was NOT in response to the request."

...which was what I was trying to explain but I coudn't get my brain working enough to work out the timescale... there were no emails sent as FB was left before the 30 days... I just couldn't manage to explain that. Just to clear that up.

I am totally amazed that support have removed the feedback.
    (amazed could be the wrong word here)

The buyer has stated that they were not happy with the condition of some of the stamps.

Does this mean the buyer can noq not leave negs for the items not happy with?
    Last edited by MagnetsAndHangers; 27th July 2011 at 12:47 PM.

View TonyBridger's Feedback (+252)
    All-About TonyBridger
    View TonyBridger's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleHappinessRecords View Post
    @ Cheaver
    Thanks for that. Support have now removed the feedback.
    Why.

It makes the feedback system on here a waste of time if every time a seller disagrees with the feedback a buyer leaves them it gets removed by admin.

Might as well stop letting buyers leaving anything except Positives
    My posts only state my own opinions, unless I've stolen them from someone else

All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Support have now removed the feedback.

That is brilliant news, I am so pleased for you. It has to be said, Support is fantastic.

All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MagnetsAndHangers View Post

The buyer has stated that they were not happy with the condition of some of the stamps.

My understanding is based on what the Buyer said:
    What I did not get back to you about was that there were quite a few of the stamps you sent me that were completely the wrong stamps for the descriptions given.

If, and it is a big if, the Seller had made a mistake then the Buyer should have given the Seller the opportunity to remedy the problem and not just be allowed to keep the Seller in ignorance of the fact and then ruin their hard earned feedback reputation in one foul swoop. That would have been a great injustice I think.

View TonyBridger's Feedback (+252)
    All-About TonyBridger
    View TonyBridger's Listings
    Forum Posts

I agree.

It seems Ebid's system is the reverse of eBays. On ebay sellers can't leave Negs. On here buyers can't leave them without them being removed
    My posts only state my own opinions, unless I've stolen them from someone else

Quote Originally Posted by cheaver View Post
    My understanding is based on what the Buyer said:
    What I did not get back to you about was that there were quite a few of the stamps you sent me that were completely the wrong stamps for the descriptions given.

If, and it is a big if, the Seller had made a mistake then the Buyer should have given the Seller the opportunity to remedy the problem and not just be allowed to keep the Seller in ignorance of the fact and then ruin their hard earned feedback reputation in one foul swoop. That would have been a great injustice I think.

If the wrong items were sent, then the buyer should still be allowed to give their opinion on the transaction.
    In this case, rather than leave several negatives for the wrongly received items, they chose to do the decent thing, and not leave any negs.
    WHether the seller has rectified the problem by sending out the correct items now has not been stated by the seller.

Makes me wonder how many times that neutrals or negs on here have been removed just because a seller doesnt agree with what was said, and certainly makes me doubt the integrity of the feedback system on ebid.

I also wonder if that buyer will continue to use the site.

It also makes a mockery of the feedback reminders which are sent out.
    Quote from Kimbo's post above about the wording of such reminders....

Click the link below and give bykimbo a simple positive, neutral or negative rating for their role in the transaction.

I have now removed the buyer from my bbl, as I believe the fb they left was very lenient (ok maybe they could have contacted the seller first, but that is their perogative).
    Last edited by MagnetsAndHangers; 27th July 2011 at 01:18 PM.

WHether the seller has rectified the problem by sending out the correct items now has not been stated by the seller.
    How could I do that? The buyer never told me what items were incorrect! I will quote them verbatim: "I did not want to send these back you as they were such low value items"

If they had only left negs or neuts for the incorrect items then I would know what should be refunded.

I'm an honest person, I'm not an expert on stamps as I've explained, all catalogue details are given in good faith, I only ask for contact from buyers so I can resolve any problems.

No, they never said that.

Thread Information