Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Separating countries in the auction list.

Forum Newbie
    All-About insanityvans
    View insanityvans's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Separating countries in the auction list.

I'm a brand newbie and may be missing something, but when I do a search and the items are listed in front of me, there is no way to tell if they are from the UK or USA. Most people would need to know so they didn't waste time looking htrough something that they wouldn't buy from abroad.

Default Re: Separating countries in the auction list.

Quote Originally Posted by insanityvans View Post
    I'm a brand newbie and may be missing something, but when I do a search and the items are listed in front of me, there is no way to tell if they are from the UK or USA. Most people would need to know so they didn't waste time looking htrough something that they wouldn't buy from abroad.
    Hi, just do an advanced search and pick the countries you wish to see items from.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by insanityvans View Post
    Here is an example of what to do when you just want to check out your own country listings:

Attachment 25163

Hope this helps you.

I have no idea why you wouldn't buy from "abroad".What would you not buy from "abroad"? I am British and live in France (not the UK or the USA) and have proved myself to be an honest and reliable seller on eBid. My prices and postage rates are very competitive and you may find you get a better deal from me (and many other sellers "abroad" as you put it) when the total price is taken into account.

All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lejoueurdepipeau View Post
    I have no idea why you wouldn't buy from "abroad".What would you not buy from "abroad"? I am British and live in France (not the UK or the USA) and have proved myself to be an honest and reliable seller on eBid. My prices and postage rates are very competitive and you may find you get a better deal from me (and many other sellers "abroad" as you put it) when the total price is taken into account.
    If it's from 'across the pond' around the other side of the world, either way, then shipping costs can be quite disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post
    If it's from 'across the pond' around the other side of the world, either way, then shipping costs can be quite disgusting.
    I'm not sure what you mean by this. Mine are far from "disgusting" I can assure you - I do not do "disgusting" - I do "honest and fair". When postage is added to the selling price surely people are looking for the best overall deal and that could come from anywhere in the world. Certainly that's where I find my bargains - from all over the world. If people don't even look and compare prices and rule other sellers out just because they are "abroad" then they miss out on those bargains.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

When looking at search results, your own country's listings will have the price in normal type, and overseas will be in italics.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    When looking at search results, your own country's listings will have the price in normal type, and overseas will be in italics.
    Thanks Kimbo, didn't realize this, good to know.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'm not sure what you mean by this. Mine are far from "disgusting" I can assure you - I do not do "disgusting" - I do "honest and fair". When postage is added to the selling price surely people are looking for the best overall deal and that could come from anywhere in the world. Certainly that's where I find my bargains - from all over the world. If people don't even look and compare prices and rule other sellers out just because they are "abroad" then they miss out on those bargains.
    I didn't mean you personally, I should have worded things differently.

I meant, in general, it can be quite expensive to ship an item from here (USA) to the UK depending on what it is which to me is quite disgusting what USPS charges are here. For instance, we were able to ship First class mail international up to 13oz - they have reduced the max weight to 11oz - those 2oz meant a lot to me - now if it's over 11oz then the fees start to rise dramatically.

Sorry for any confusion.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

I do not do "disgusting" - I do "honest and fair".
    It's a simple fact that postage costs have to be taken into account when buying online. The sale price plus the shipping costs added together have to be competitive compared to buying locally retail. Retailers cost of shipping is spread across thousands of items. There is no way the majority of sellers, on places such as eBid, can compete with that. So, while an item costs a retailer pence (or even a fraction of pence) to ship, the likes of us doing a one-off can cost pounds. The seller's price, therefore, has to less than the local price when source cost, profit, and shipping are added together. That is hard to do at the lowest shipping rate (local), even harder to do when you add international shipping into the equation.

Maybe it has nothing to do with shipping; maybe the OP just doesn't like buying from abroad. Some people are simply not comfortable doing it as it is not something they are familiar with.

There are some countries I would not buy from - as there are some I would not ship to.
    Last edited by astral276; 21st July 2011 at 10:20 PM.

Thread Information