eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Calling Gothicina...

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Exclamation Calling Gothicina...

Is Toz still around?

I seem to have broken his RSS Parser (http://www.mootango.webspace.virginm...m/ebid_rss.htm) when I moved my site. I can't find the original docs to it, and don't have the knowledge to fix it myself without them (likely not even with them).

If he would be willing to ride to the rescue, it would be appreciated.

Default Re: Calling Gothicina...

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    Is Toz still around?

I seem to have broken his RSS Parser (http://www.mootango.webspace.virginm...m/ebid_rss.htm) when I moved my site. I can't find the original docs to it, and don't have the knowledge to fix it myself without them (likely not even with them).

If he would be willing to ride to the rescue, it would be appreciated.
    I believe he is lost somewhere within the space time continuum playing World of Warcraft,

I'll contact my sister & see if she can drag him (no doubt kicking & screaming) back into the real world, I've been meaning to do that anyway I've got a couple of things I'd like to request his his help with.

It was so much easier when they lived the other side of the Dartford Crossing, now they are in Scotland, I can hardly just pop in.
    Last edited by Gothicina; 14th July 2011 at 03:59 AM.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

I just had a look and from what I can see it is due to the version of PHP being used on the server is slightly older then the required version for the proxy.php file, it should be relatively easy to fix. You need to change line 7 from:
    $hostname = parse_url($_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER'], PHP_URL_HOST);
    to:
    $hostname = parse_url($_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER']);
    $hostname = $hostname['host'];
    That "should" solve it, if not just let me know and I'll see what I can do.

All-About astral276
    Forum Posts

Thanks for taking the time to have a look and offer up the advice. I am likely doing something daft that is stopping it working. The edit doesn't seem to have made any difference.

Loading http://www.mootango.webspace.virginmedia.com/proxy.php file into the browser gives:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /tier-11/pwpstore3/34/mootango/htdocs/ebid_rss/proxy.php:1) in /tier-11/pwpstore3/34/mootango/htdocs/ebid_rss/proxy.php on line 5
    I've no idea what that means, hopefully it means something to you (or you know it is irrelevant to anything).

http://www.mootango.webspace.virginmedia.com/info.php gives some details on the server (again, gibberish to me).

Prior to moving the website from NTL to Virgin Media, I used proxy.php via you (you did some fiddle to allow it) as NTL didn't allow PHP on their servers. As Virgin Media do I thought I would be able to take any load off you and use the php from my own resources.

It would be nice to get it working again, if possible, as it is the only parser I have found that allows paging of the feed within a page element.

Well, now that my computer is working again after the nice little power cut I can rewrite my replay. From the looks of it your PHP doesn't support some of the required functions for the proxy.php file, your best bet is to just use mine (http://www.tozcentral.net/uploads/ebidrss/proxy.php), since moving the images I had hosted on my site off to a proper image site my site has plenty of excess bandwidth to handle you using it.

All-About astral276
    Forum Posts

Many thanks. That has got it working again, though there remain some issues to sort out (due to the actual feed sending different image sizes) but I will work on that.

I know it is working (so maybe best to leave well alone) but should I undo the earlier edit to the propxy.php file, or leave the changes you suggested (at #3 above) in place?

Once again, I much appreciate the assistance.

You can leave the changes in place, the change did exactly the same thing as the previous code, just in a slight different way.

All-About astral276
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tozcentral View Post
    You can leave the changes in place, the change did exactly the same thing as the previous code, just in a slight different way.
    And, of course, I am no longer using that PHP file (DOH!)

Thanks for all your help, and for the parser itself.

Thread Information