My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: I Want to See # of Watchers for Items

Post I Want to See # of Watchers for Items

I would like to see which items have been marked "Watch" by buyers & the #s. The id of the watchers is not important to me. However, I would like to do a sort on the #s of Watches & Views. These are imp selling features that don't seem to be available.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: I Want to See # of Watchers for Items

We only have # of views available. There have been several failed requests for a watcher counter.

Whats the point in watchers i would rather see a hundred sells a week myself now that is a great idea

GREAT DEALS IN ALL MY STORES ON EBID

JOIN EBID HERE
    http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/412775

http://exeterdvd.ebid.net/ For Great DVD Romance Childrens Drama TV Shows And More

http://exeterbooks.ebid.net/ For Great Audio Books

http://exetercd.ebid.net/ For great deal on CD's

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cdunn142 View Post
    Whats the point in watchers i would rather see a hundred sells a week myself now that is a great idea
    This argument goes round and round for ever.
    Of course we would all like hundreds of sales.

But as regards watchers, I am with the side that thinks its good to know if people are watching your item, it means that they have seen it, and are thinking about it, and they may come back and buy it.

All-About Juliebabe25
    Forum Posts

Here's another reason for watchers - And the best one.

On our local NZ site, they show watchers.
    At the end of the auction eg 7 days, if there is no sale, they email you telling you your auction did not sell.
    But they also say there were x amount of watchers.
    And if you want to you can send them (anonymously) a fixed price offer with 1, 3 or 5 days for them to accept it.

Your offer price is then emailed to them and they accept or decline.

I find that I get about one sale a week that way, just by dropping my price a little.
    Imagine the extra sales ebid could make if they brought this in ?

View madelaine's Feedback (+5881)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

That would just be another sort of spam, Julie. People watch for all sorts of reasons, a few of them even involve buying stuff!
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

All-About Juliebabe25
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    That would just be another sort of spam, Julie. People watch for all sorts of reasons, a few of them even involve buying stuff!
    Why would it be spam ?
    I sell about 1 item a week using it on our small site here in NZ.

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

eBay is in almost a 120 Millions listed items….and we still talking about options and options….just bring in here every good stuff which in the past prove to works very well for the buyers and the seller’s every kind of stuff because this all stuff has nothing to do with big fees on other auction site, I think many people don’t like eBay only for big fees for listing options and for anti-seller rules for about selling all other stuff likes: bid columns, watchers, best offer, and all other tinny stuff which helps seller’s to sell the item works just fine….In the end don’t forget many seller’s and buyers been on other auction site for years and is very hard to change way of buying or selling in way which all this other stuff very help for the buyers and the seller’s….many come in here ONLY because of fees and anti-rules for the seller’s but after many see we don’t have this small stuff that small stuff many just go away or back on other auction site…I believe Seller’s is in here to make money not for chit-chat, Buyers is in here to buy stuff in much easy way if is possible…so in my opinion doesn’t matter what many have hard time on eBay but this site going up instead down on listed items and we are stuck with couple hundred thousand up or down I still believe this is a auction site instead of parking site so get busy write management to implement this all stuff in here which is help many buyers and seller’s in the past on other auction site instead of writing millions threads which has nothing to do with auction site…..and by the way list more and list every day because big hole becoming bigger and bigger a 120 Millions against 4,5 Millions….AMEN…....

P.S. Dzambo loves you all…....I wish you all good health but I always look real and all stuff which is how is it for real not fantasy…....

All-About Juliebabe25
    Forum Posts

Hi Dzambo
    I just read your long paragraph

I think the main point you are making is that ebid needs to offer as many buying features as possible
    And that instead of posting on these forums, we should be writing to ebid management.
    I know what you mean.
    Do we write to them at their postal address ?
    Or do we write to support asking for these features ?

(but then again, I am pretty sure that Gazza reads a lot of the suggestion/request posts on here.)

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Juliebabe25 View Post
    Hi Dzambo
    I just read your long paragraph

I think the main point you are making is that ebid needs to offer as many buying features as possible
    And that instead of posting on these forums, we should be writing to ebid management.
    I know what you mean.
    Do we write to them at their postal address ?
    Or do we write to support asking for these features ?

(but then again, I am pretty sure that Gazza reads a lot of the suggestion/request posts on here.)
    That’s right ‘’babe’’….and people around just don’t get it like I say many times and even for myself I spend around 8 years on eBay in two term and buyers like seller’s like to see this all small stuff and without this both the seller’s and the buyers have hard time to navigate on auction site BECAUSE many use this for many years and works for both without any problem…people don’t like anymore eBay ONLY for big fees and anti-seller’s policies all other stuff works just fine I mean all small stuff which has nothing to do with anti-seller’s policies and big fees and exactly that small stuff helps both seller’s and buyers very much and all this stuff must exist in any serious auction site period….AMEN…....

P.S. I hope you ok and not working hard, be good and stay ''straight'' in your life..........

Thread Information