Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: *Bay UK Raises Success Fees for Sellers...

View iwiw60's Feedback (+761)
    All-About iwiw60
    View iwiw60's Listings
    Forum Posts

Exclamation *Bay UK Raises Success Fees for Sellers...

eBay UK Raises Success Fees for Casual Sellers

By Ina Steiner
    AuctionBytes.com
    June 21, 2011

eBay UK is changing the fee structure for Private (non-business) sellers, moving to a flat rate commission fee for fixed price items beginning July 21st that will result in higher commission fees compared to the current tiered pricing. eBay UK sent the following letter to sellers on Monday:

On 21 July 2011, the final value fee for fixed price listings (Buy It Now) will be changed to a flat rate of 10%, up to a maximum EUR50.00. This new flat fee replaces the current tiered structure, making it simpler and easier for you to calculate up-front the fees you'll pay. As before, you won't pay any final value fee if your items don't sell. The new calculations only apply to items listed or scheduled to start on or after the 21 July 2011.

eBay had announced a similar new fee structure for its UK business sellers in May that hit some sellers particular hard. For example, Final Value Fees (FVF) for Clothing, Shoes & Accessories had been a tiered pricing schedule, beginning at 8.75% and decreasing to 5.25% down to 1.5%, as the selling price increased. But beginning in May, business sellers began paying a flat 12% FVF in the Clothing Shoes & Accessories category.

Just FYI....

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: *Bay UK Raises Success Fees for Sellers...

Quote Originally Posted by iwiw60;1348764
    But beginning in May, business sellers began paying a flat 12% FVF in the Clothing Shoes & Accessories category.

[COLOR=#006400
    Just FYI....[/COLOR]
    10% is madness
    And 12% on clothing is crazy.

I wonder if these new fees will apply to the large major re-sellers they are trying to attract ?

Lets hope more sellers come over to ebid and stop listing on ebay, so that buyers will start to see us.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Juliebabe25 View Post
    10% is madness
    And 12% on clothing is crazy.

I wonder if these new fees will apply to the large major re-sellers they are trying to attract ?

Lets hope more sellers come over to ebid and stop listing on ebay, so that buyers will start to see us.
    Madness, indeed! I'll bet they won't dare soak the big businesses like that, God forbid anyone should get a dime out of Wally.

BTW: After the way they treated those women in the class action suit, I refuse to shop at Wal-Mart anymore; Kmart is just as cheap and closer, too.

Nice going Feepay, let's hope it benefits us to the tune of lots of new sellers and buyers.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Am i bothered lol

Reincarnation is just another repeat

Thread Information