eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Adding a Signature...is this option only applicable for stores?

Default Re: Adding a Signature...is this option only applicable for stores?

Quote Originally Posted by HerMajesty View Post
    ohhhhhhh - cheaver!! my friend! cake and a cuppa!! well-said!

I do see what you mean now.........the link under his sig goes to the main page, tho it appears to be the same link, which, in the body of the message, sends you quite nicely to his auctions. Must be a hitch in the process he's using to turn it into the sig. I know you have to use the advanced edit, and it's been a long time since I Rube Goldberg'd mine..................Astral's or bykimbos tip thread should have the fix............................
    there must be a certain way to put it in the "signature" area. I'll read up more later on the tips from astral & bykimbo, I'm kinda burnt out on trying for now, not to mention SLEEPY! Thanks anyway for the help.

P.S. I'm a she. *points to the pretty butterflies icon* g'night/g'morning ya'll, enjoy. =)

the Green Room 24/7
    See my auctions here:
    http://us.ebid.net/perl/main.cgi?wor...arch&type=user

WOWZAHS!!! I just noticed how many people have viewed this post! It sure would be nice if I had that many people viewing my auctions! hehe

ok everyone who clicks in here, click here :

Last edited by thegreenroom247; 28th April 2011 at 10:18 AM. Reason: add auction site

the Green Room 24/7
    See my auctions here:

Finally, I think it's working now.

the Green Room 24/7
    See my auctions here:

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thegreenroom247 View Post
    Finally, I think it's working now.
    Well done ! It works !
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Forum Master
    View darklisruthven's Feedback (+1327)
    All-About darklisruthven
    View darklisruthven's Listings
    Forum Posts

You can write a link to any part of ebid you like , including your "about me" page.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

thanks hermaj, funny that it takes you to your about me page guess I could use that one for other sellers/buyers to check themselves out? hehe
    thanks again for the response and info kimbo. i went to my all about me from the "shoppers" point of view but it doesn't show the same link as you listed. It shows this one: http://us.ebid.net/perl/normal.cgi?u...heir-all-about
    Where did you get the link you posted?
    and would the link below be the "signature" link to my auctions?
    i appreciate ya'lls response/help.
    I did try to explain - the link I gave you isn't well publicised, and it's NOT the one that shows when you get there, but it is the neatest, most meaningful address that gets you to your All About Me. The fact that it then shows the default address in the browser address bar is no good reason for not using (gosh, what a lot of negatives, I hope I'm still round the right way) the users/ address. If you prefer to use the ugly one, I can't stop you though.

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    I did try to explain - the link I gave you isn't well publicised, and it's NOT the one that shows when you get there, but it is the neatest, most meaningful address that gets you to your All About Me. The fact that it then shows the default address in the browser address bar is no good reason for not using (gosh, what a lot of negatives, I hope I'm still round the right way) the users/ address. If you prefer to use the ugly one, I can't stop you though.
    evening everyone,
    thanks again for the input.
    kimbo? I'm not sure, because of the wording, my lack of technical knowledge and the difference in our terminology, but it sounds as though you are disturbed with me? I did'nt mean to come across as negative, unappreciative, or unwilling to use the help you offered. Sorry if I came across sounding that way & you took my response wrong.
    Originally, I didn't know for certain what you meant by:
    "isn't well publicised";
    And now, I'm not sure what "negatives" you are referring to;
    I have no idea what "round the right way" means and lastly,
    it really doesn't matter to me if it's ugly or pretty, I just want it to work!
    Ultimately I was more interested in putting up the link to my auctions, not so much the "about me" section. I just didn't know at that time if I could do that or not, or how. So thank you again for your help, sorry for the frustration.

the Green Room 24/7
    See my auctions here:

By negatives and right away around, I think she meant all of the negatives gramatically.

Good to know how to make the shorter link!

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

evening everyone,
    thanks again for the input.
    kimbo? I'm not sure, because of the wording, my lack of technical knowledge and the difference in our terminology, but it sounds as though you are disturbed with me? I did'nt mean to come across as negative, unappreciative, or unwilling to use the help you offered. Sorry if I came across sounding that way & you took my response wrong.
    Originally, I didn't know for certain what you meant by:
    "isn't well publicised";
    And now, I'm not sure what "negatives" you are referring to;
    I have no idea what "round the right way" means and lastly,
    it really doesn't matter to me if it's ugly or pretty, I just want it to work!
    Ultimately I was more interested in putting up the link to my auctions, not so much the "about me" section. I just didn't know at that time if I could do that or not, or how. So thank you again for your help, sorry for the frustration.

Hahaha... I was just talking about my appalling grammar!! All those double-negatives. Fret not.

Ugly might not bother you here, but if you're going to put it in a signature for email, and eve more if you're going to print it, you want it to look okay. For a print version people need to be able to read it and type it in themselves easily. Neat and memorable matters. There's an equivalent for going straight to auctions as well - can't remember what it is off the top of my head, but remind me tomorrow and if nobody else has posted it I'll find out.

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    Hahaha... I was just talking about my appalling grammar!! All those double-negatives. Fret not.

Ugly might not bother you here, but if you're going to put it in a signature for email, and eve more if you're going to print it, you want it to look okay. For a print version people need to be able to read it and type it in themselves easily. Neat and memorable matters. There's an equivalent for going straight to auctions as well - can't remember what it is off the top of my head, but remind me tomorrow and if nobody else has posted it I'll find out.
    <-----quits frettin'

yes, that does make a lot of sense. and it would be nice to see it/ type it as something more than a bunch of odd letters so I will definitely look out for that return post on the "clean version" of my auctions. thanks again again again =)

the Green Room 24/7
    See my auctions here:

Thread Information