eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: is it a good idea to post run until sold?

Default Re: is it a good idea to post run until sold?

Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post
    I didn't know the max was 75 - wow - time to ask eBid for more in the suggestions forum?

x
    Asked last year - didnt get any response.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MagnetsAndHangers View Post
    Asked last year - didnt get any response.
    That was last year - care to try again?

We know eBid is busier than ever updating the site as they go along, so they might just take notice this time round.

x

Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post
    That was last year - care to try again?

We know eBid is busier than ever updating the site as they go along, so they might just take notice this time round.

x
    nah.

This is not a one-size-fits-all question. Read Kimbo's post and decide which will be more logical for your items, based on all the factors.

We have around 1,550 listings running right now that will close and have to be relisted if they don't sell. We have over 5,000 that are Run Until Sold.

In March (so far), we have sold 79 items. Of those 21 had closing dates, the other 58 were listed Run Until Sold.

I used to use RUS, but when I found out that it's last in search, I stopped & choose 29 days w/10 automatic relists. If I do use auction, I usually do 7 days & depending on what it is, I do first bid. Hope this helps

Click on the link below to join eBid.net as it's FREE and who pays perks for you to shop!!

eBid Buddies

Visit my eBid store for more auctions!

2 Find the Best Deals Online

Forum Diehard
    View JimmyCee's Feedback (+85)
    All-About JimmyCee
    View JimmyCee's Listings
    Forum Posts

Re listing works great for me, lets my mind keep up with the auctions, and every so often I find a need to edit for improvement, I also maintain a feeling of control which is important to me in this auction world.

Quote Originally Posted by jcjigs View Post
    Re listing works great for me, lets my mind keep up with the auctions, and every so often I find a need to edit for improvement, I also maintain a feeling of control which is important to me in this auction world.
    I totally agree w/this.

Click on the link below to join eBid.net as it's FREE and who pays perks for you to shop!!

eBid Buddies

Visit my eBid store for more auctions!

2 Find the Best Deals Online

Harrogate, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View gbsbks2010's Feedback (+1969)
    All-About gbsbks2010
    View gbsbks2010's Listings
    Forum Posts

I love ebid because it offers a great deal of options for its sellers.

It allows sellers to sell items in the way they want to. Personally, depending on the item, I use all the facilities - auction, buy it now and run till sold.

If the buyer visits my shops they will find the run till sold items, along with the auctions and the buy it now items. It will then be up to the buyer how they want to buy the item.

In my opinion there is no right way or wrong way for using these options - it is up to the seller to decided which is best for them!

Forum Saint
    View Pink_Panther's Feedback (+177)
    All-About Pink_Panther
    View Pink_Panther's Listings
    Forum Posts

The RUS option can a useful tool for sellers with large volumes of stock - The problem with RUS listings is they do not have a finite life, and if the listings are unattended resulting in no sales you are going to have disappointed buyers and damage to ebids reputation.

You can tell if a B&M store is open for business cos the lights are on and the doors are open - You might even hear the till/cash register ringing.

The answer has to be that the seller check in regularly, especially big sellers!

I use RUS for all my non-music listings (about 2500 items) and 10 x 10-day fixed-price listings for all my music sales. I have never used auction format here. I regard auction format as less convenient for buyers and less lucrative for sellers for all but the most desirable items.

I originally used reposts throughout all my inventory but I found it frustrating to find that lots of stuff had closed without my knowledge, and my 'unsold items' would be clogged up with closed listings which took me ages to remove. Using RUS for non-music items allows me to add to and build up my listings and is less labour-intensive. It also fits in nicely with my sales on another well-known ecommerce site where I have many items on perpetual listings too. When my music items expire I start a completely new spreadsheet from scratch based on whatever I have in stock at that time.

Really it's more about what suits me and what I can manage the best, losing out on some position in browsing and search results is a small price to pay for an inventory that I can be confident is fully-stocked and up-to-date. Apart from anything else, I like to think my prices are sufficiently keen they will rise up the pile when buyers sort by price

Thread Information