eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Possibility of a co-ordinated Facebook event?

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Possibility of a co-ordinated Facebook event?

Quote Originally Posted by emporiumdays View Post
    Yeah..... Al ...... probably some of the confusion throughout this thread was simply due to what 'event' meant.

(an actual event on eBid to 'go to' ..... OR........ the event of just 'going to' eBid)

All along you were meaning the event of 'going to'......

http://ebidwidgets.tumblr.com/post/3...facebook-event

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adruml View Post
    bykimbo! How do we do this "post to the official eBid page" you speak of.
    Same way you would any other page/wall on facebook. I thought you already had. eBid's page is here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/eBid/150107279532

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    Same way you would any other page/wall on facebook. I thought you already had. eBid's page is here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/eBid/150107279532
    No hadn't done that yet. I didn't know we could. I will put something up a little later thank you very much.

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

No hadn't done that yet. I didn't know we could. I will put something up a little later thank you very much.
    I assumed you were the Al on there who pasted the text from my first post here onto their wall. Since I've just checked and that Al sells cymbals, it's a hell of a coincidence!

Forum Saint
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    I assumed you were the Al on there who pasted the text from my first post here onto their wall. Since I've just checked and that Al sells cymbals, it's a hell of a coincidence!
    Soray, Soray didn't look at the link. Yes I was the Al posted on Facebook. With all the online stuff I deal with daily: Facebook, Twitter, Myspace, eBid, ebay, email, work email, work log on, Overstock, Amazon, ioffers, liquidation I'm gettin too old for this, I just look at things and just assume I know what it says. My confusion sorry. I was thinking the link was a place to post on eBid where all members could view. I should have remembered you told me a while back only support could do that. I'm almost back to earth here,
    3487 people like the "FACEBOOK" eBid page and thus far only 1 comment has been placed.
    Maybe if all of us here in the forum who support this cause can do exactly what I did which was post on Facebook (see bykimbo's link) and at least get the 3487 who like it to post a comment and help support this.
    Geez and it's only Monday and I can't think straight.

Forum Diehard
    View emporiumdays's Feedback (+94)
    All-About emporiumdays
    View emporiumdays's Listings
    Forum Posts

.......With all the online stuff I deal with daily: Facebook, Twitter, Myspace, eBid, ebay, email, work email, work log on, Overstock, Amazon, ioffers, liquidation I'm gettin too old for this, I just look at things and just assume I know what it says. My confusion sorry.

Well Al, if you're dealing with all of the things you listed above - then I reckon you're doing very well...

(If it's any consolation, I have enough trouble just getting my head around eBid and all that it entails).

So you're doing extremely well.
    I'm sorry I'm so limited and can't be more helpful to you.

I haven't had a chance to look at it properly yet, but the links posted just above by Kim look really interesting...
    especially this one:

http://ebidwidgets.tumblr.com/post/3...facebook-event
    ('How to Create a Facebook Event')

cos it seems nice and simple (ideal for someone like me )
    So Kim, thanks very much for that link ...
    (and for all the effort you put into creating the guide)
    Time's against me right at the moment, but I'll take a look at it as soon as I can...

Forum Saint
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Exposed or not bykimbo has been a tremendous help and I hope her support continues.
    Technology to me is challenging, unless I do something on a regular basis, I'm lost. An excel spreadsheet with or without links is second nature to me. Doing something like Magnets has done on youtube is way ahead of something I could tackle.

I still think the campaign should be larger than just facebook. Facebook is good but twitter, blogs,email and other social media would have a much larger reach. Facebook events in my past experience is really not the best way to do social media marketing for this kind of event. If it was a physical event then yeah.

We just need a concrete plan then hopefully ebid would reach out to their users for the event. Because trying to organize a campaign out of this forum is to small of a reach . We will never get enough sellers or buyers to participate.

I think once we do decide to commit to the event that we need to contact all the publications , media and reach out to them about our planned event. What it is about , what we plan on accomplishing etc. That way they can promote it too through articles , think auctionbytes, or forum posts (psu). Sellers / Buyers can reach out to blogs or other forums they belong too , or local news whatever.

It would be good publicity but yeah getting a definite plan would be the first step. I think if we had enough people contributing to the event it could be a real success at least for brand recognition.

Forum Diehard
    View emporiumdays's Feedback (+94)
    All-About emporiumdays
    View emporiumdays's Listings
    Forum Posts

liquidationitems ...... I think once we do decide to commit to the event that we need to contact all the publications , media and reach out to them about our planned event. What it is about , what we plan on accomplishing etc.

I would agree with you
    liquidationitems that involving media coverage could be useful if there was an actual 'eBid event' that people could arrive and see...... However, the 'event' being spoken of is the 'inviting' itself only, as mentioned here by Aldruml:

Al ...... If we think about it all we need is lots of us to post On the event section of our facebook accounts a simple invite to visit eBid could be huge. We just need more Ebid members to join in. I could be wrong but I don't think we need to brainstorm an actual eBid event just a massive invite is what I had in mind.

So I'm trying to imagine in what form the media exposure would take.
    ie:

"eBid Auction sellers invite New Buyers"
    "eBid embarks on Recruiting Campaign"
    (actually, maybe that could work)
    but, I really thought extra media exposure would've been more appropriate if their was going to be (and I take that there isn't) an actual event to 'arrive and be involved in' here on eBid....
    ie:

"eBid's Mad May Sale - Bargains for all" etc.
    ........ ? thoughts?

Last edited by emporiumdays; 15th March 2011 at 04:40 AM. Reason: spelling error

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have not read this thread for along time.
    I just read through most of it and am exhausted.

Here is my 2 cents worth.

I will join in.

But I wonder how many Facebook Friends the average ebid member has, probably not many. As Emporiumdays say many members don't even use or want to use Facebook. I have 20 friends but I know people with thousands.

Also trying to organise an event like this over the internet is hopeless too many different opinions

Also if you try to involve ebid it will probably fall flat. (Management like to come up with their own ideas, that is why they are management)
    I saw another site arrange a promotion, the management OK'd it and then 2 weeks later did something which entirely wasted the whole effort, (and their money) (and it was a pathetic effort anyway)

There are only 2 ways to do this.

1 Suggest that ebid run some sort of event themselves and let them come up with it.

2 Bkymibo and say 2 other members selected by her come up with a detailed plan (on the telephone) and say this is it, we are doing it on so and so and please all join in.

(It was Bykimbos idea originally)

We can always do another one later on.

Two other things
    Don't forget that ebid are running ads on Facebook and they will probably think this is their current project
    Not all ebid members visit the forums.

Thread Information