Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Winning bidders paying to quickly

Quote Originally Posted by LesliesDaughter View Post
    Agree with OP and with Nancy. I am going through all my listings to weigh and put international postage prices on due to the problem of buyers from outside thinking my postage stated to UK meant that was what they had to pay. Fortunately, one lovely buyer accepted my cancelling the invoice and sending another. I'm not listing anything else until I've finished this task.

I mistakenly thought very few people would want to buy a very heavy item like a book at over 1Kg upwards, no matter how low the selling price, which would include a high shipping but would contact me if they decided to. Hope that makes sense!

Nancy, yes, it is a real pain having to click through 4 or 5 options to get to PayPal.
    The problem with that for me is it would take weeks, if not months, to weigh all my items separately and edit postage for overseas. I would then have to redo this each year when the prices change.

What would be easier would be a calculator (edited to add) when listing the item which I put the weight of the item in, and another field for tare (packaging) weight. Then I could put prices into the calculator based on weights. This would have an added benefit for combined orders because postage would be automatically calculated.

I have used this method on an ecommerce site before. It makes it very easy each year to change the price of postage. You just update the cost by weight accordingly.

Forum Saint
    North Warwickshire, Warwickshire, United Kingdom
    View Tiskets's Feedback (+1051)
    All-About Tiskets
    View Tiskets's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Saturdayat3 View Post
    The problem with that for me is it would take weeks, if not months, to weigh all my items separately and edit postage for overseas. I would then have to redo this each year when the prices change.

What would be easier would be a calculator (edited to add) when listing the item which I put the weight of the item in, and another field for tare (packaging) weight. Then I could put prices into the calculator based on weights. This would have an added benefit for combined orders because postage would be automatically calculated.

I have used this method on an ecommerce site before. It makes it very easy each year to change the price of postage. You just update the cost by weight accordingly.
    I absolutely agree my way of amending would be horrendous for sellers with very many items. I haven't reached that stage and doubt I ever will. Hence I will have to just amend as I am doing for now.

People cleverer than me with knowledge of the systems we can use, such as you, I have no doubt will come up with a solution.

Thank you.

Thread Information