eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: All of my listings removed? No prior warning?

Angry All of my listings removed? No prior warning?

Well Ive spent days carefully setting up my store to have it wiped out in moments.

Ive been trying to be active here in the forum to ask for advice on improvements and then all of a sudden my account is on hold and all of my listings gone.

The only email from ebid stating that one of my listings that I cant even see any more had a link to another site on? Possible after importing 149 listings but why not just ask me to amend it before putting my account on hold and deleting 149 listings that I spent a lot of time puttin up?

Could someone answer why? I though this was meant to be a friendly place to sell?

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

You need to talk with support to resolve whatever issues there are. If you can do that they will likely restore your listings.

http://uk.ebid.net/help_selling.php#30

To keep eBid as clutter free to allow genuine sellers a clean and efficient marketplace in which to trade, we ask all sellers to not break our posting rules.
    If any of your items cross this boundary, ALL your auctions will be deleted without notice
    and your account placed on hold. When you try and login while your account is on hold you will find you are locked out. To remove this ban, please email us using our contact form from the HelpDesk index page stating the item(s) you posted to create this ban and that you will not post such items any more. Please do not email us asking us what you did wrong, a simple apology will re-open your account almost immediately whereas a long winded email conversation will waste ours and your time.
    If you state you will refrain from posting banned items and are caught a second time, the same will happen.
    If you are caught a third time your account will be locked on a permanent basis. It is up to you to read the posting rules and abide by them, users are told about the posting rules when they start an auction. "I didn't realise" won't be a valid excuse!
    Continuous negative feedback will also see your account placed on hold. Always make sure your first feedback is positive otherwise your account could be investigated.
    Holders of multiple accounts will also be placed on hold.
    Suspected bidders on their own auctions (shilling) will see their accounts placed on hold.
    Users with incomplete address details will be placed on hold.
    Other users have found that emailing the support team has got their listings restored so that any issues can be resolved.

as someone pointed out to you on your "Any Suggestions On Improving My Store?"
    You have contact info displayed in your ,co.uk messages on your photos
    which goes against
    Selling Off Site/The posting of Contact Details.
    •Attempts to sell off-site will mean the removal of all auctions of the seller in question. If a Q&A is received offering to buy the only response is to ask them to make a bid.
    •All Q&A responses must be made within a reasonable length of time from the time of the original question. Unanswered questions will deem the seller and thus the auction to be inactive.
    We do not allow the posting of contact details in the auction. By this we mean telephone numbers, email addresses or links/details pertaining to a third party ecommerce site.
    •References to email or website addresses in usernames is not allowed. This includes but is not limited to '.com' '.co.uk' '.net' or 'dot'.
    http://uk.ebid.net/help_selling.php#29

in which case
    30) What if I'm caught breaking the rules?
    To keep eBid as clutter free to allow genuine sellers a clean and efficient marketplace in which to trade, we ask all sellers to not break our posting rules.
    If any of your items cross this boundary, ALL your auctions will be deleted without notice and your account placed on hold
    http://uk.ebid.net/help_selling.php#30

I have tried to review and comply with all of the rules as a new seller, not linking to any other sites etc etc. Really worked hard to get my store up and its just taken away. Its not really the caring attitude I was led to believe existed here?

I read all of your FAQs astral which were very helpful and really gone through hell and high water to get the store up. It just seems so rude to blow away peoples care, time and attention without first opening a discussion with a customer, after all we are a customer of ebid, first to say ebid has an issue?

I am not a free customer I have taken the option to pay for my store as a proper business.

My image logo is my company name to protect my images and not link to another site? I cannot amend these as it took days to upload them due to ninja lister not working properly. The logo forms part of my intellectual property and its not possible to amend the image.

I am more than happy for ebid to provide a quick solution to amend the image as they see fit, there are 149 + I had to add each image to the gallery manually and in turn to the listing.

I spent many many hours removing all links from all listings which was not an easy task, I did this to ensure I was not breaking any rules.
    Last edited by radicalfightstore; 11th March 2011 at 05:04 PM.

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

I don't think it's eBid's problem to fix your photos to comply with the rules. It's something you need to take care of. Ebid has their logo to protect your image, and you can put some watermark or something with radicalfightstore on it, just not the website indicator. Won't keep people from stealing your pics, anyway, as I've had people (one now on eBid, I think) take my ebid photo and use it off-site - even with the ebid logo on it!! lol. give away. They could just take your pic, cut off the frame and use it. BTW, did you take all those product pics?? Nice job. Work with support to get your site in line with the rules, as the rest of the sellers here have done. You have nice items, and should do well. I have over 1500 feedback from ebay, but don't feel the need to advertise them. All my feedback on eBid is from eBid. (Tho I wish buyers would leave feedback more regularly) Good luck.
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Her Majesty, I only advertise my feedback credentials to re-assure customers as I am a new seller here, not advertise ebay. Afterall they take enough of our money without our help there. If I were to have any sales on here then I would be happy to remove them if I thought sales were sufficient enough and customers didnt need re-assuring. There are plenty of existing sellers here doing the same.

I was working with ebid support on uploading these images, so if there was an issue why wasnt it mentioned then when they had clear sight of them? They even appologised for the fact that ninja lister goofed up by not attaching the images as it should have.

I appreciate some people may blatently dissregard the rules and put clickable links in their listings which I can see is not fair. But I dont think having my logo on my images, small as it is, in any way would suggest im trying suggest that people should use my website instead of ebid, its just my company name.

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

You can import feedback without advertising ebay. I doubt support looks at all the millions of images that are uploaded. HAving a .co.uk in your name is pretty clear advertising. All just my opinion. But, you asked. We gave advice. At this point, Support is who you need to be having this discussion with, not us......
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

I have emailed them, no reply.......

Surely stating my company name is the same as .co.uk they are both my company name, but I can use my company name?

It seems days and days worth of effort, grief and accounts being closed and no sales? Surely Ebid should be more accomodating to attract sellers, not make it harder for them to start.

I know my products sell as I sell a lot elsewhere, but EBid is the only place where they do not. I want it to work though but Ebid and only they stand in the way of that.
    Last edited by radicalfightstore; 11th March 2011 at 05:28 PM.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

I just took a peek at your Me Page and, quite honestly, I was surprised to see eBay icons slapped on there, that put me right off. To me it feels like you are promoting eBay and not eBid.

A lot of us are originally and still are active on eBay but we don't flaunt it so obviously, especially on Me pages and listings. A subtle mention that you are a successful seller on other sites would suffice IMHO.

That's just my thoughts.
    x

Thread Information