eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Suggestions On Improving My Store?

Red face Any Suggestions On Improving My Store?

Ive been reading through the forum and picking up on tips such as:-

Spending time on the about me page.
    Transfering feeback from other sites.
    Using positive but non linking images.

etc etc.

Has anyone got any other ideas of ways to improve my store?

I saw one suggestion of using a limited buy it now time and then re-listing to bump products up the list, but there arent any other listings to bump up against with my products so probably not much point doing that?

http://radical-fight-store.ebid.net/

John

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi and welcome to eBid.

I don't see any items in your store, so I can't comment on your listings. If there are items in your store, you might want to consider shipping internationally, to broaden your potential customer base, or at least to the U.S. and Canada. I sell vintage jewelry and a good number of my sales have been to overseas (mostly UK) customers.

Good luck and best wishes for many sales to all,

Hi John

Listing for a limited times (7, 10 days etc.) with auto repost X10 is generally considered better than Run Until Sold.

Were you aware that your 2nd class postage is showing as £0.00 but there is a cost for 1st class?

Quote Originally Posted by radicalfightstore View Post
    Ive been reading through the forum and picking up on tips such as:-

Spending time on the about me page.
    Transfering feeback from other sites.
    Using positive but non linking images.

etc etc.

Has anyone got any other ideas of ways to improve my store?

I saw one suggestion of using a limited buy it now time and then re-listing to bump products up the list, but there arent any other listings to bump up against with my products so probably not much point doing that?

John
    I personally would not put the Ebay logos in there. They only promote that site.

Our buyers come mostly from Google so you can't be sure you aren't competeting against many others for views. Run until sold does effect how items come up on eBid. Others who have been here longer than me can probably tell you whether it affects Google searches.

Hi thanks for the answers.

I dont generally ship outside of the EU as it opens up a can of worms regarding export duty.

I am aware that I have free 2nd class postage on some items, and if customers choose to want 1st class then I charge a bit extra for that service. I try to offer free shipping where I can.

I will look into the re-listing times, although sadly I dont think that is a bulk edit feature? So would require 149 re-edits

I realise there is some rivalry between ebid / bay which is sad, but I am not linking to ebay, only showing that I am a reputable business in areas other than Ebid. This is to only provide re-assurance of my high level of customer service.

Keep the ideas coming, I like Ebid as a tool, I just need to it start earning its money now

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

You have contact info displayed in your ,co.uk messages on your photos, and ebay logos in the listing, and you also have word spamming which is not supposed to be there. If your listing isn't about Nike, for example, don't put the word Nike in..........at the top right of this page is the help tab. Click that, and on the left side you will see listing and selling tips..........scroll and you will find the dos and don'ts..................You have a great niche here! I would also check the spelling/grammar of your first sentence in the about you. And maybe start with something a bit more friendly, then go to the tougher info. Just a thought.................welcome!! And much success!
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Her Majesty, thanks for your reply.

What word spamming are you referring to? I am not aware of any on the listings?

I do frame my pictures in order to stop them being used by other parties (just like ebid do), its just like a watermark but its not linkable so surely does not break any rules? I spend a lot of time on making them clear and in some cases take my own pictures.

I realise I use ebay logos but they are logos of achievements, not just standard logos. Just like Mc Donald’s badge stars I am proud of the status I have achieved, its not easy, so I advertise that. Again they are non linking images.

I will take a look at the about me and see if I can improve it.

Well that was a shock.

After asking for advice on improving my store, I have now had my account put on hold and all my items deleted?

It wasnt really the friendly response I was after? 149 listings that took me two days to list all gone?

I really had faith in the friendly nature here and was hoping that I could make ebid work. But my store has just been wiped out with no warning or reason why?
    Last edited by radicalfightstore; 11th March 2011 at 04:20 PM.

Live Free And Fly High, New Mexico, United States
    View CrazyJays's Feedback (+106)
    All-About CrazyJays
    View CrazyJays's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by radicalfightstore View Post
    Well that was a shock.

After asking for advice on improving my store, I have now had my account put on hold and all my items deleted?

It wasnt really the friendly response I was after? 149 listings that took me two days to list all gone?

I really had faith in the friendly nature here and was hoping that I could make ebid work. But my store has just been wiped out with no warning or reason why?
    Hello

Thats a bummer.
    I would get hold of the support team and tell them whats going on and what happen.
    What kind of items did you have listed?

Jason

From what I can gather its because I had my company logo watermark on my images to protect them, just as ebid place their logo.

There were no links to any other sites as I was careful to remove them and spent hours doing find and replaces to make sure.

This was their email reason :-

Reason(s) : T-Offering to Sell Offsite or Links to e-Commerce Website within description.
    39026843 # Jaco Guardian Compression MMA Shorts X Large 34-36" UFC # Sporting Goods>Martial Arts>Apparel

I have checked the listing and there are no links on it only my logo

Thread Information