eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Possibility of a co-ordinated Facebook event?

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vonz View Post
    I don't do "technical".....but how would the Facebook thing work?

Would folk be directing users to their own listings.....to eBid in general....or a specific promotion area?

Ta
    Yvonne x
    Which would you like?

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Any chance of getting this idea along with support and suggestion requests lets say put into the next Newsletter...bykimbo?

Forum Diehard
    View emporiumdays's Feedback (+94)
    All-About emporiumdays
    View emporiumdays's Listings
    Forum Posts

Morning All.................................

Quote Originally Posted by iwiw60 View Post
    Got a thought...how about if those of us who have an extra "store slot" make a May Madness temp store and drop in, via Bulk Edit, those listings you want to discount, get a freebie, etc.???

That sounds like a 'tidy' way to catagorise the promotional items;
    some of us may need to figure out how the 'bulk edit' part works (like 'starlady22' pointed out) ..... - shouldn't be too hard though? (hopefully)

Now - what about those who haven't got a free store slot? (I have, but what about others who don't?) Is there a way around this?

When it comes to the 'facebook' part - I'm a novice .... I'd need a little guidance on how to go about it ...... (I guess we can't assume that everyone's savvy with ALL the technical aspects of this promotion)... We all have our 'strengths' but some of us may need help in different areas.

But personally, I do like the idea of bundling the promotional items under a distinctive store slot, 'cos that way all the individual 'item headings' wouldn't have to be changed.....

.... and then that particular store could easily
    be labelled for the promotion.....

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by emporiumdays View Post
    Morning All.................................

That sounds like a 'tidy' way to catagorise the promotional items;
    some of us may need to figure out how the 'bulk edit' part works (like 'starlady22' pointed out) ..... - shouldn't be too hard though? (hopefully)

Now - what about those who haven't got a free store slot? (I have, but what about others who don't?) Is there a way around this?

When it comes to the 'facebook' part - I'm a novice .... I'd need a little guidance on how to go about it ...... (I guess we can't assume that everyone's savvy with ALL the technical aspects of this promotion)... We all have our 'strengths' but some of us may need help in different areas.

But personally, I do like the idea of bundling the promotional items under a distinctive store slot, 'cos that way all the individual 'item headings' wouldn't have to be changed.....

.... and then that particular store could easily
    be labelled for the promotion.....
    Alright, here's the thing. We are trying to make this easy and pleasurable for new visitors. I realize on line auction sites
    are not rocket science but let's just invite them over to visit, see what we have and possibly join up or maybe buy a few things.

Forum Diehard
    View emporiumdays's Feedback (+94)
    All-About emporiumdays
    View emporiumdays's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adruml View Post
    Alright, here's the thing. We are trying to make this easy and pleasurable for new visitors. I realize on line auction sites
    are not rocket science but let's just invite them over to visit, see what we have and possibly join up or maybe buy a few things.
    I'll be honest with you adruml - some aspects of online auction sites are difficult for me to get my head around.
    I can be quite clued up in some aspects and not others. (So for me 'Rocket Science'? - well yes and no).

So when you say "just invite them over to visit" - well, like I say, I'd have to be guided about the face-book side of things - ie: a few 'steps' #1, #2, #3 etc. on exactly what to do. (sorry if I sound 'dumb' here).

That's why I've been offering suggestions more to do with What they'll see (after they arrive) - the promotional enticements) rather than suggestions on How I would first do the 'inviting'

I can offer more about what I feel comfortable with (knowledge / experience I have)
    I can offer less about what I don't feel comfortable with (where I lack knowledge)

So It'll take someone like 'bykimbo' who has a broader grounding in all aspects of this to 'gel' the whole project for the rest of us.....

Am I understanding things correctly here? Does that make sense to you?

So is there still a need to work out what promotion these visitors are goin to see when this mass (co-ordinated?) 'invite' happens? Can someone guide me here?
    Last edited by emporiumdays; 9th March 2011 at 03:30 AM.

Chester - Le - Street, Durham, United Kingdom
    View Armstrongs's Feedback (+1436)
    All-About Armstrongs
    View Armstrongs's Listings
    Forum Posts

People need "incentive" to move out of their "comfort zone".
    As a BUYER, what would convince you to visit this site?
    One of a million adverts on Facebook?.......or something else?

Whatever the "something else" is, is the key to a successful marketing / promotion campaign.
    Just my thoughts...........
    Yvonne x

Look here for Crafty Bits

Find the Beamish Bazaar here!

I'M A YDC SUPPORTER!
    Find eBid's monthly charity auctions HERE on the 24th!

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Any chance of getting this idea along with support and suggestion requests lets say put into the next Newsletter...bykimbo?
    I'm sorry, I can't comment on that.

Forum Lurker
    Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View hotandvintage's Feedback (+13)
    All-About hotandvintage
    View hotandvintage's Listings
    Forum Posts

Just a quick guess but friends on facebook or twitter probably already know what we are selling it's the friends of friends which will help make this big. Facebook, Twitter or any networking site will work. It just requires a mass posting anywhere and everywhere.
    Depends on what you call "Friends"
    I took one of my accounts on there to over two thousand people, and I think I know about twenty of them.

I was also just thinking about this for those that are not into or able to offer discounts.

What about using what is available on ebid with the buddy points system. Some form of Buddy points competition where you bring in new members. The one with the most points wins something big or donates the prize to charity.

It seems to fit into the facebook style of doing things where they help each other.with requests.

I keep seeing people talk about discounts and free gifts etc etc.

Been reading threads over the years - sellers saying they mention ebid to someone, and the immediate response is ''Ive never heard of it''.

So this is NOT about sales on this occasion - this is about getting ebid's name out there en mass.
    It is making sure that more people will have heard of it.
    It just so happens this could be co-ordinated through facebook and other social network sites.
    Tell your friends - ask them to pass on to their friends - etc etc.
    It is about letting people know what ebid is all about and what is available - just to possibly encourage them to come and have a browse through a site they may have never heard of.

Leading up to the event, if sellers wish to offer discounts etc, then that is up to them to say so - again through facebook.

This will only work if as many folks as possible get involved.

Whether they sign up, make a purchase, or anything else is up to them.

You can lead a horse to water, but you can never make it drink.

Forum Lurker
    Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View hotandvintage's Feedback (+13)
    All-About hotandvintage
    View hotandvintage's Listings
    Forum Posts

Possibly ebid offering the treasure hunt at the same time would be a good option if they planned doing it again.

Thread Information