Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Images not displaying in listing thumb gallery

Unhappy Images not displaying in listing thumb gallery

Hi,

Ive just imported all of my listings from ebay via Ninja and for some reason although all of the images within the listing are ok, the listing thumb in my gallery view is not displaying.

Ive copied out the URL to ensure it is correct and it does display in a new browser window.

Some of my listings are ok however and noticed that the URL for the image had changed to an ebid one?

Any advice would be great.

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Specifics please
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by radicalfightstore View Post
    Hi,

Ive just imported all of my listings from ebay via Ninja and for some reason although all of the images within the listing are ok, the listing thumb in my gallery view is not displaying.

Ive copied out the URL to ensure it is correct and it does display in a new browser window.

Some of my listings are ok however and noticed that the URL for the image had changed to an ebid one?

Any advice would be great.
    You will need to remove your website link on all of your listings as ecommerce links are not allowed on listings, me pages and forums.

x

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Maybe eBid had trouble obtaining all your images from wherever they are stored. A bandwidth or access limit - or something like that.

Ok thanks all, Yes I will be removing my URL from the listings, can I use a reference to my site that isnt a link, just want to show I am a reputable business rather than divert traffic?

Im resolving the images issue and then will do a find and replace on the URL to clean that up also. Main priority was to clean up all of the ebay references. Work in progress

The bulk upload not capturing the images has caused a big headache though, smaller uploads where I selected the catagories in advance worked fine however.

Example of the issue here Auction ID : 39026930, the images are fine in the listing but do not display on the thumb in searches unless the image is re-captured from the gallery. There has to be a way of resolving this without manually editing each listing?
    Last edited by radicalfightstore; 6th March 2011 at 01:51 PM.

Quick update, I spent a few hours re-adding my images yest as I wanted to get it all finished. I have also stripped out my URL in favour of some pretty logos.

Think all looking good now, just need to make some sales

Thread Information