Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New Zealand earthquake

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    Great news. It must be a major relief to you.

I have noted several people saying that although this quake was lower on the scale than the previous one that it felt much worse.

Good to see they have their priorities right and safeguarded the booze stash.

Wish them well, it seems like a dangerous part of the world to be living in of late.
    Well you wouldn't expect less from a relative of Sergeant Major Cornish would you ?!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pink_Panther View Post
    A brilliant post Cornish - so descriptive and full of feeling. Good result for you too! congrats for that!
    Thanks for the well wishes I must say it is a relief to hear from her. She said that the house next door to her office was squashed like a pancake the people upstairs climbed over the balcony onto the road ! The people downstairs had to be pulled out and had some injuries. It's no wonder she feels exhausted I don't think I would be able to sleep knowing there were more tremors to come.

Just bumping this up to let people know I had good news last night I'm very relieved to say !!! Please see my post on previous page.

Quote Originally Posted by buttons-and-bows View Post
    Brilliant news Becky, I have been worrying about you sitting there thinking alsorts
    Thanks Buttons it is a huge relief !

Forum Saint
    North Warwickshire, Warwickshire, United Kingdom
    View Tiskets's Feedback (+1051)
    All-About Tiskets
    View Tiskets's Listings
    Forum Posts

Great News, Becky. What a relief for you.

We had a minor earthquake in our area a few years ago, 5.2 but it was really disconcerting. The ground under my feet felt really strange. Two pictures dropped off the wall and some glasses fell off the work surface. But in Birmingham, if I remember correctly, some houses were damaged. I can't imagine how horrid it must feel when the ground actually opens as with your relatives.

I feel for the folks who have lost family members. What a tragedy.

xx

I have been following this thread and I'm glad you have updated it with good news. You must feel so relieved!
    http://nationalspeaker.ebid.net/
    "It's easy to play any musical instrument: all you have to do is touch the right key at the right time and the instrument will play itself."
    J.S Bach

I've only just spotted this... that's great news and a blessed relief for you I'm sure Becky. Thanks for posting an update!

Rock, Pop, Indie, Dance and more CDs

Thanks all. Yes it's a weight off my mind I can tell you after seeing the terrible news reports showing those buildings that came down in the centre and then not hearing anything for a couple of days. Your imagination does tend to run riot ! I'm so glad they were not in the centre at the time.

My deepest sympathy to anyone that has lost a loved one.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    Just bumping this up to let people know I had good news last night I'm very relieved to say !!! Please see my post on previous page.
    Glad to hear it.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Cambuslang, South Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    View KAYS6912's Feedback (+245)
    All-About KAYS6912
    View KAYS6912's Listings
    Forum Posts

So pleased to know that your family OK Becky - you must be so relieved. Thanks for the update. I'd just mentioned you to Sammy (my husband) when I came across your post.
    Nancy
    Ceud měle f?*ilte!
    ‘A hundred thousand welcomes!’

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/BARGAIN-BROWSER

GENERAL STORE

Thread Information