eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: EBid Online reviews being Used by other auctions!!

Forum Saint
    View Pink_Panther's Feedback (+177)
    All-About Pink_Panther
    View Pink_Panther's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by redmerlin777 View Post
    Hold Hard Bykimbo!
    I believe Pinkpanther is voicing his opinion. He is entirely at liberty to do this on eBid.
    My opinion is that this particular instance is NOT professional. It is more TACTICAL.

Yes the market out there is cut-throat but the placing of the yellow button with eBay on it, right underneath the name of eBid, is a masterpiece of UNDERHAND marketing. Yes it is legal. Yes! It is the way of the Marketing world but NO! I am not silly to pop up and point out something that I feel may have a detrimental effect on eBid and ultimately my sales.

The very ethos of eBid is the loyalty and supportiveness of the members that make up the ebid membership. The members in the forums here respect each other and readily accept that everyone is entitled to their views.
    I trust that your use of the words "ridiculous" and "Silly" were not intended to be read as being condescending or dismissive. Unfortunately that is how I construed your answer.

As I stated in my opening post. I am also observing the fact that the old eBid.co and the new eBid.net are side by side and could cause confusion to browsers. Maybe some strategically placed posts in comparative websites such as Ciao, by someone who is adept at writing concise sales literature and who is well versed with the history and sales strategies of eBid, would not come amiss.
    Oh Goody!

I don't have foot & mouth after all!

Your a Wizard Merlin!

Now if Gazza or Mark were to list Five ebid shops for sale for a BIN of £49.99 that would turn the tactic on it's head!

There would be ebid items to be found!
    Last edited by Pink_Panther; 23rd February 2011 at 03:54 PM.

Cambuslang, South Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    View KAYS6912's Feedback (+245)
    All-About KAYS6912
    View KAYS6912's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hold Hard Bykimbo!
    I believe Pinkpanther is voicing his opinion. He is entirely at liberty to do this on eBid.
    My opinion is that this particular instance is NOT professional. It is more TACTICAL.

Yes the market out there is cut-throat but the placing of the yellow button with eBay on it, right underneath the name of eBid, is a masterpiece of UNDERHAND marketing. Yes it is legal. Yes! It is the way of the Marketing world but NO! I am not silly to pop up and point out something that I feel may have a detrimental effect on eBid and ultimately my sales.

The very ethos of eBid is the loyalty and supportiveness of the members that make up the ebid membership. The members in the forums here respect each other and readily accept that everyone is entitled to their views.
    I trust that your use of the words "ridiculous" and "Silly" were not intended to be read as being condescending or dismissive. Unfortunately that is how I construed your answer.

As I stated in my opening post. I am also observing the fact that the old eBid.co and the new eBid.net are side by side and could cause confusion to browsers. Maybe some strategically placed posts in comparative websites such as Ciao, by someone who is adept at writing concise sales literature and who is well versed with the history and sales strategies of eBid, would not come amiss.
    One helluva good response!
    Nancy
    Ceud mìle f?*ilte!
    ‘A hundred thousand welcomes!’

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/BARGAIN-BROWSER

GENERAL STORE

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Agree with merlin - it may be legal, but it looks really tacky.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

View TonyBridger's Feedback (+252)
    All-About TonyBridger
    View TonyBridger's Listings
    Forum Posts

I understand than a lot of online adverts are place by Affiliates so these may not be actually placed by the company themselves.

As for not being Professional or being Underhand and Tacky this are no different to the auctions placed, in the past on eBay, by various forum members selling eBid items simply to advertise eBid.
    My posts only state my own opinions, unless I've stolen them from someone else

Forum Saint
    All-About Pink_Panther
    Forum Posts

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hold Hard Bykimbo!
    Okey doke!
    Yep. Me too, surely? Or does that rule only apply to people who agree with you?

Fine. That's *your* opinion. You too are allowed to have one. I don't agree with you, I think it's purely a marketing move made possible by the size of their budget, but you can call it "tactical" if you like. You *haven't* called it "childish", which is good. Calling ebay "childish" for doing such a thing seems silly to me. It doesn't to you? Fine. You actually think ebay is being childish? Really? You think that's a good way of describing it?

I didn't call you silly. I described calling a legitimate marketing ploy that I am confident would be *applauded* if ebid did it "childish", silly. Since you evidently agree that this is a "childish" move, I'd be genuinely interested to hear your defence of that position.

I don't consider it underhand. I don't, for one second, think that somebody sat in ebay's offices and said "what can we do to spike ebid's guns"? I don't think ebid's that much of a threat. I think a standard ebay link has been supplied on a standard search result that just happened to be for a non-product called "ebid". The rest is conspiracy theory, and I don't happen to subscribe to it. May I express this view?

I can't think of any reaction to that statement that you wouldn't find condescending and dismissive. I suspect at this point if I said "the sky is blue" you'd object. But since you've dismissed my opinion already, and decided that I'm not entitled to express mine (purely because it doesn't appear to be the same as yours, as far as I can work out), I'm not sure why I'm worried. But hey ho, there we have it.

Please, please tell me that after telling me to stop, taking offence at everything I've said, dismissing my opinion and suggesting that I'm not entitled to express it - at least not in anyway you may not find entirely pleasant and flattering - please tell me you are *NOT* hinting I should go and write that? You're not, are you? Phew.

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBridger View Post
    I understand than a lot of online adverts are place by Affiliates so these may not be actually placed by the company themselves.

As for not being Professional or being Underhand and Tacky this are no different to the auctions placed, in the past on eBay, by various forum members selling eBid items simply to advertise eBid.
    Actually, I think it's very different in that those have been intentionally placed with the express desire of upsetting ebay and poaching their customers, whereas this is a simple case of standard, automated link display, as far as I can see. Somehow the latter is "childish", but the former is not. And apparently holding a different opinion on this subject is condescending, and if I don't get enough people to "be on my side" I will have "lost" this discussion. *shakes head* I think I've fallen through the looking-glass again.

Forum Saint
    All-About Pink_Panther
    Forum Posts

But what about
    Sorry, but that's just ridiculous.
    You just admitted it could well be an ebay spoiling tactic?

but whenever ebay does it people pop up and say silly things like this.
    So in light of that, I don't think my comment was silly!

So I am claiming a victory!

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pink_Panther View Post
    But what about

You just admitted it could well be an ebay spoiling tactic?
    Where? Sounds like I might have made a typo.

So in light of that, I don't think my comment was silly!

So I am claiming a victory!
    Claim away. I'm not fighting a war.

Thread Information