Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Please look at my listing and make sure I'm not breaking any rules

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bluebedouin View Post
    I did one for a friend using the same method.Once filed down to a smooth edge the sound was certainly a lot better than when it was split.Having said that,I don't know what it sounded like before the split so have no comparison!He seemed happy enough with it though.

Don't be so modest.
    I try not to be, but when I see it first hand well...the techniques are basic and simple. The only problem is to get set up to repair 1 or 2 cymbals just doesn't make it worth it. To set up to repair thousands well that helps.

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mostly_Cookbooks View Post
    Well.......every night is an education on here

Just to say, on the subject of 'the more you list, the more you sell'....

I opened one of my stores a few weeks ago and, out of a total of 20 listings, have sold 5.

As our American friends would say "Go Figure"
    ]

Yes - and part of that might be because you have about 200 items listed in total, which go up to Google, when people look for one thing, they may peruse the rest of your auctions and buy something else, or in addition...........so, even when you aren't 'selling' the 200, they are working for you out in the ether.
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Well Adrumel! You certainly have a niche and if I was a Drummer I certainly would try your services out simply because of your pasionate enthusiasm.

Capitals or Lower case ..either/ or.

Items for sale numbers again as someone else observed so rightly...If someone wants what you have you will sell it as long as the price and shipping are right.

The beauty of eBid is in the variations that show the seller's personality as well as the goods.

To put your mind at rest on issues of content I strongly advise you ask the support team .

Wishing you every success and a happy time here.
    Click to open The Allsorts Cupboard

Widen your search Horizons
    Find it on eBid
    Click here to join the fun for FREE

Poulton-le-fylde, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View Gill's Feedback (+517)
    All-About Gill
    View Gill's Listings
    Forum Posts

Just 2 things to comment on.

Take out the " in your title as no one searches for cymbalrepair - you need a space.

I, like the majority of the eBid auction site users, dislike all caps - very, very hard to concentrate on even though it may be working for you on other auction sites.

Good luck
    Gill (pronounced Jill) "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful" William Morris 1834 - 1896

View harold69's Feedback (+369)
    All-About harold69
    View harold69's Listings
    Forum Posts

@ Suejools
    As long as you feed them.

Forum Saint
    Kingswinford, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View crafters_corner_2's Feedback (+327)
    All-About crafters_corner_2
    View crafters_corner_2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HerMajesty View Post
    ]

Yes - and part of that might be because you have about 200 items listed in total, which go up to Google, when people look for one thing, they may peruse the rest of your auctions and buy something else, or in addition...........so, even when you aren't 'selling' the 200, they are working for you out in the ether.
    Yes, I do have around that number listed in ALL stores, but I was making the point that I only had a total of 20 in that particular store.

Last night, a lady purchased thirteen of my Ladybird books. I don't have hundreds in that store, and presumably she Googled one of the Ladybird titles.

Are you saying that my overall total contributed to that sale? If so, I must be misunderstanding how it all works. She wouldn't have Googled my ID and then found them would she?

Awwww, I'm so confused.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mostly_Cookbooks View Post
    Yes, I do have around that number listed in ALL stores, but I was making the point that I only had a total of 20 in that particular store.

Last night, a lady purchased thirteen of my Ladybird books. I don't have hundreds in that store, and presumably she Googled one of the Ladybird titles.

Are you saying that my overall total contributed to that sale? If so, I must be misunderstanding how it all works. She wouldn't have Googled my ID and then found them would she?

Awwww, I'm so confused.
    We just don't know for sure how people find us, unless we ask. Your buyer might have found you via googling for a particular ladybird book, or she might have found you via something else entirely and then browsed your stuff and gone "wow, she has some nice ladybird books, hurrah". We can't tell. All that we do know is that the more stuff you have the more visible you are - that's just maths/logic/stats/callitwhatyouwill. It's not, as some would have us believe a magic bullet, but pure logic says it increases the changes of you being found if you have 1,000,000 listings rather than 1. I don't think it matters as much as some do, but it can't hurt to list as much as you can. If it ain't listed you definitely won't sell it, whatever "it" is.

There aren't any super-rules about selling here, any more than there are for selling anywhere. In the end you have to have the right item at the right price, and that's it. Some folks say "if you do XYZ you will sell", and that's nonsense, because if what you're listing is ugly crud at an inflated price you won't, and if you've got a fantastic item at an unbeatable price, you barely need to do anything. Common-sense applies.

Forum Saint
    Kingswinford, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View crafters_corner_2's Feedback (+327)
    All-About crafters_corner_2
    View crafters_corner_2's Listings
    Forum Posts

What stands out from your reply, Kim, is "You have to have the right item at the right price".

So, yes, I can't argue with the logic of the more you have listed the bigger CHANCE you have of selling, but I do think that it is better to have fifty of the 'right' items rather than five hundred just to fill up stores.

The bottom line is, I am delighted with my sales - however they find me

Thread Information