Thread: invoice shows 0 dollars for shipping to customer in puerto rico

Forum Lurker
    View mimmies's Feedback (+142)
    All-About mimmies
    View mimmies's Listings
    Forum Posts

Unhappy invoice shows 0 dollars for shipping to customer in puerto rico

hi all
    i just had a sale to someone in PR but the invoice did not charge shipping and i can not change the shipping from zero to what the shipping cost should be. the auction is page shows that the shipping calculator is working but when i put in PR to calculate the shipping it says Pr is part of the US. i tried to change it in the invoice but it wont let me. if anyone knows what i am doing wrong please help
    thanks
    Mimmies

I think PR is a territory of the US. If it is it will have a zip code. You might try to find one and see if you can feed that in. There should be a zip code in the customer information.

Forum Lurker
    All-About mimmies
    View mimmies's Listings
    Forum Posts

thanks for the reply. i did that but it still wont calculate the shipping cost in the invoice. it remains zero and i cant change it

Forum Lurker
    All-About mimmies
    View mimmies's Listings
    Forum Posts

lol i appreciate your help!! thanks! i sent support an email so i hope they can help me!

View cmjewels925's Feedback (+7924)
    All-About cmjewels925
    View cmjewels925's Listings
    Forum Posts

Sorry, I don't know how the shipping calculator works but is there not a different section for the non-contiguous states and off-shore territories?

CMEJewellery For all your jewellery needs.

Beads 'n' Bobs For beads.

Charms 'n' Findings For charms and jewellery making supplies.

My customer lives in new jersey and this has happened to me today. shipping went to 0! So I ate the shipping. I checked and did not see where I did anything wrong. I won't eat shipping on any other items now however. Some of my items are heavy and go to europe!

I just created an invoice, going to Germany. The shipping charge was included, but it was the amount for shipping to a U.S. customer, not someone in Germany! I use calculated shipping because of the variation in shipping costs. This is fortunately a lightweight package, but it's going to be a disaster if someone in another country buys anything heavy.

I think I'll open another thread to make sure support knows it's happening.

I just checked several of our listings. The amount shown for International Shipping on eBid is correct. It appears this glitch is only occurring when we create an invoice. I can create a manual invoice if necessary, calculate the shipping amount using the USPS website, and send that instead of eBid's incorrect one. So panic time is over. I was about to put our stores on holiday setting until this was fixed. Whew!

Thread Information