Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Heres an idea I've never seen

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    I see where you're coming from, and I like the idea of assembling a list of interesting items that's somehow more purposeful and more transient than the watch list, but the idea of selling multiple items from multiple sellers without presenting the full listing to the buyer does worry me enormously. Perhaps a compromise is to assemble a "shopping list" of listings and then allow the buyer to go through that list adding and removing items, but then the purchase/bid phase steps them through each one in order so at least they don't have to return to search or watched or whatever? I would definitely suggest avoiding any hint of "basket" or "cart" in the process, or this will fool buyers into thinking they're making a single purchase with a single payment and they'll either get upset and huffy when they find they have to do them per seller, or they'll get confused and pay one person only and leave the rest hanging!

And thanks for sorting the picture, Craig.

I like Kimbo's idea. I am a thoughtful shopper and like to think about the things I am going to purchase. Having a list of things that I am interested in from one day to the next without the search to find the item again would be great. I have used the watch list on both sites to do this in the past. I did not find it to be very convient.

Forum Lurker
    Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View hotandvintage's Feedback (+13)
    All-About hotandvintage
    View hotandvintage's Listings
    Forum Posts

I understand that but people are lazy enough to buy from title and not read the description, which if you sell used goods is a problem to start with. A problem that already happens now.

But I would still say if they added something like that, I would be happier to have the option to step out of it so it can't be used on our goods. There are a lot of sellers I suspect would not want buyers to buy from the title and the small image that is available in the item list of a search.

If something is available to use that seems to make their life easier, then a lot of people will use it even if it is not in their best interests to use it.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hotandvintage View Post
    I understand that but people are lazy enough to buy from title and not read the description, which if you sell used goods is a problem to start with. A problem that already happens now.

But I would still say if they added something like that, I would be happier to have the option to step out of it so it can't be used on our goods. There are a lot of sellers I suspect would not want buyers to buy from the title and the small image that is available in the item list of a search.

If something is available to use that seems to make their life easier, then a lot of people will use it even if it is not in their best interests to use it.
    If you don't quote it's difficult to know exactly what you're responding to, but I think you're addressing some of Rainy's later comments? Did you see my own variation on the idea, posted above, where a list is formed, but then they have to page through each listing in order to actually bid or buy? How does that strike you?

Forum Lurker
    Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View hotandvintage's Feedback (+13)
    All-About hotandvintage
    View hotandvintage's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    If you don't quote it's difficult to know exactly what you're responding to, but I think you're addressing some of Rainy's later comments? Did you see my own variation on the idea, posted above, where a list is formed, but then they have to page through each listing in order to actually bid or buy? How does that strike you?
    I still think their idea has merit, as long as sellers have the option to step out of it, as some items people sell just require the the buyer to read the listing, while other items are just what they say on the tin.

Your idea would work, as I see it, like a comparison chart with a save option so the buyer has the option to view at their leisure and move into and out of the items before buying.

Thread Information