Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ebid Friendly Post Office.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TexasAda View Post
    Yeah, I was thinking it's in the order of unfair support of private business too, but just today as I was out at garage sales, I saw one place that had some stuff in an official USPS Priority Mail box that had something like "in partnership with eBoy*" on it....I'm pretty sure I really saw it and didn't just dream it.

So if the USPS can provide such publicity (advertising in fact) for eBoy, I don't see why they couldn't do the same for eBid.
    Sorry, what makes everyone sure bucket-loads of cash didn't change hands to achieve this commercial advertising?

View iwiw60's Feedback (+761)
    All-About iwiw60
    View iwiw60's Listings
    Forum Posts

edit: next time I'm at my local PO, I will peel my eyes for Priority Mail boxes printed as I described, and if I find one, will bring it home to photograph for this thread
    Yes, do that...I'd really be interested to see that one! I know that PayPal has an *bay endorsement on their shipping labels when you print them off at their site, but for the USPS to do it?...............again I say..........Holy COW!!

Yeah, I was thinking it's in the order of unfair support of private business too, but just today as I was out at garage sales, I saw one place that had some stuff in an official USPS Priority Mail box that had something like "in partnership with eBoy*" on it....I'm pretty sure I really saw it and didn't just dream it.

So if the USPS can provide such publicity (advertising in fact) for eBoy, I don't see why they couldn't do the same for eBid. And hopefully as you said, Pink, it would be easier office by office in the UK.

*i refuse to string the four letters together that spell that which shall not be named, so as to avoid any crawling spiders or whatever the term is for searchers

edit: next time I'm at my local PO, I will peel my eyes for Priority Mail boxes printed as I described, and if I find one, will bring it home to photograph for this thread
    These have been available for quite a while. Not at the USPS post office. Only through e*ay's site. I used to use them when I was a powerseller over there. Now I print out ebid logo stickers and put them on my packages.

All-About iwiw60
    View iwiw60's Listings
    Forum Posts

Now I print out ebid logo stickers and put them on my packages.
    I use one of my Scan Me stickers to blot out the *bay notation on my PayPal shipping labels!!

View TexasAda's Feedback (+635)
    All-About TexasAda
    View TexasAda's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by florida33549 View Post
    These have been available for quite a while. Not at the USPS post office. Only through e*ay's site. I used to use them when I was a powerseller over there. Now I print out ebid logo stickers and put them on my packages.
    Interesting! So do eBoy sellers have to buy them from eBoy? Does eBoy provide them free to power sellers? Of course the cost of the boxes is probably covered by fees sellers pay to eBoy.

edit: fast googling found me this USPS web page offering FREE co-branded boxes. I tried ordering some. I was taken to an eBoy sign-in page that said

Sign in to grant application access
    Sign in with your eBoy user ID and password to link your account to USPSŪ-eBoy Priority Mail Boxes

Hm. So, as Kimbo suggested, I wonder how much money changed hands to accomplish this feature.
    Last edited by TexasAda; 14th November 2010 at 02:32 PM.

All-About iwiw60
    View iwiw60's Listings
    Forum Posts

Not sure what you guys are talking about on those Priority Mail boxes, whether at *bay or wherever, but if you log in to http://www.usps.com you can order all the PM boxes you want for FREE and they'll ship them to your home...just FYI...but I'm sure you guys already knew that one!

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iwiw60 View Post
    I use one of my Scan Me stickers to blot out the *bay notation on my PayPal shipping labels!!
    Good for you! No point in giving Feepay free publicity.

Best wishes for many sales,

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Not sure what you guys are talking about on those Priority Mail boxes, whether at *bay or wherever, but if you log in to http://www.usps.com you can order all the PM boxes you want for FREE and they'll ship them to your home...just FYI...but I'm sure you guys already knew that one!
    Thanks, I didn't know that.

Best wishes for many sales,

Interesting! So do eBoy sellers have to buy them from eBoy? Does eBoy provide them free to power sellers? Of course the cost of the boxes is probably covered by fees sellers pay to eBoy.

edit: fast googling found me this USPS web page offering FREE co-branded boxes. I tried ordering some. I was taken to an eBoy sign-in page that said

Sign in to grant application access
    Sign in with your eBoy user ID and password to link your account to USPSŪ-eBoy Priority Mail Boxes

Hm. So, as Kimbo suggested, I wonder how much money changed hands to accomplish this feature.
    No, these boxes are available to any U.S. seller on e*ay. Have been for many years. No cost. It's only priority boxes.

And yes, you have to sign-in to get them.

True, I get my priority boxes sent to me that way. You can't get priority mail tape anymore though.

You can also set up an account on the USPS website and pay postage for priority mail there. You get a discount...not much..by using their website to pay for postage. Also you can request pick-up of packages from your home.

The USPS is trying to compete with UPS and FedEx. Package service is their main profit market since people no longer mail letters and use email instead.

Thread Information