Thread: Showing PayPal, etc., payments on AAL

Forum Newbie
    Horam Heathfield, East Sussex, United Kingdom
    View Nelson35's Feedback (+29)
    All-About Nelson35
    View Nelson35's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Showing PayPal, etc., payments on AAL

Two days ago I made a payment to a seller via PayPal to pay for a successful bid. Today, I looked at the item again to see if any progress had been made (seller reacting), and saw the message "Pay for this by Paypal". Having already done just this - and had confirmation from PayPal - I think the software should be altered to reflect that payment has been made, and no further request is made like this. Can imagine the effort (and cost) involved if I were to pay twice and try to get the money back, either from a seller of from PayPal.

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Did you use the paypal button from this site to link to paypal? That way it does automatically mark item as paid. If you had to got to paypal, put in sellers email address and amount to pay, you will then have to manually mark the item as paid. (if you as a buyer do this, the p will half change colour till the seller acknowledges the payment) Hope I made it clear what I mean

View cmjewels925's Feedback (+7924)
    All-About cmjewels925
    View cmjewels925's Listings
    Forum Posts

If you clicked through to pay from eBid there is another reason your payment will not automatically show.

After making payment, PayPal give you two options - 'Return to Merchant' or 'Go To Your Account'. If you choose to return to eBid your payment details will be sent and the AAL will update automatically. If you choose to go to your PayPal account the link to eBid is broken and the payment information is not sent.

CMEJewellery For all your jewellery needs.

Beads 'n' Bobs For beads.

Charms 'n' Findings For charms and jewellery making supplies.

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

I didn't know that

Forum Newbie
    Horam Heathfield, East Sussex, United Kingdom
    View Nelson35's Feedback (+29)
    All-About Nelson35
    View Nelson35's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks both for helpful comments. Not sure of actual procedure I used, but I do know I paid by PayPal, and I do still see that the screen message is still imploring me to pay for the item by PayPal !!! This cannot be right - even if the procedure I followed is not the best - because PayPal has acknowledged my payment, so surely the software should reflect that and not still (days after) continue with the same message ? Additionally, I asked the seller a Question since paying, and still see that "No questions have been asked... !!!.

Does anybody know if fancydress01 (the seller) is ok/here/away/etc., as I am getting no replies to emails, messages, phone, etc ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nelson35 View Post
    Thanks both for helpful comments. Not sure of actual procedure I used, but I do know I paid by PayPal, and I do still see that the screen message is still imploring me to pay for the item by PayPal !!! This cannot be right - even if the procedure I followed is not the best - because PayPal has acknowledged my payment, so surely the software should reflect that and not still (days after) continue with the same message ? Additionally, I asked the seller a Question since paying, and still see that "No questions have been asked... !!!.

Does anybody know if fancydress01 (the seller) is ok/here/away/etc., as I am getting no replies to emails, messages, phone, etc ?
    Have replied on the other thread that you posted this question on.
    Babz

Sewing Room Creations - for hand crafted gift ideas & doll accessories.

View FBNeNotes's Feedback (+1108)
    All-About FBNeNotes
    View FBNeNotes's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nelson35 View Post

Your seller last signed onto eBid..
    Last Seen
    Tue 09 Nov 2010 04:59

Thread Information