Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Ok, Who Nicked Me Google Seller Ratings & Stars?

Forum Lurker
    View Pendipity's Feedback (+191)
    All-About Pendipity
    View Pendipity's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Ok, Who Nicked Me Google Seller Ratings & Stars?

I am aware that Google Products has had a few glitches to date and was wondering if anyone else has lost their seller ratings & stars? Mine dont seem to have been showing for weeks now, my pen sales have slowed down considerably over the last few weeks.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

I saw people saying the same thing last night, so you're definitely not alone.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pendipity View Post
    I am aware that Google Products has had a few glitches to date and was wondering if anyone else has lost their seller ratings & stars? Mine dont seem to have been showing for weeks now, my pen sales have slowed down considerably over the last few weeks.
    I just looked at one of your items (Lord Of The Rings Chess Piece GORBAG, EAGLEMOSS) and it had seller ratings attached. The store name did not match either of your current stores though - have you changed store names recently?

Forum Lurker
    All-About Pendipity
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    I just looked at one of your items (Lord Of The Rings Chess Piece GORBAG, EAGLEMOSS) and it had seller ratings attached. The store name did not match either of your current stores though - have you changed store names recently?
    Thank you for that Astral & Kimbo. Thats strange, I just searched for Gorbag and yes it is showing my seller ratings and, for me, it does match my store name? However, when I search for most of my pens there are no seller ratings. Gorbag is an old listing I wonder if its just my newer listings that arnt showing? if you try searching for Vintage Parker Pen or Vintage Swan pen there are no seller ratings.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

From what I can see on GP it is returning three hits, Pendipity (8 items), Pendipity-Store (47 items) and Postcards and Books (15 items). The first of those does not appear as one of your two stores, and is also the only one showing feedback.

The star ratings on GP has always been flaky, until recently it used to show feedback totally unrelated to the seller.

I am not sure if such problems are an eBid or Google issue - though I suspect the latter.

Forum Lurker
    All-About Pendipity
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    From what I can see on GP it is returning three hits, Pendipity (8 items), Pendipity-Store (47 items) and Postcards and Books (15 items). The first of those does not appear as one of your two stores, and is also the only one showing feedback.

The star ratings on GP has always been flaky, until recently it used to show feedback totally unrelated to the seller.

I am not sure if such problems are an eBid or Google issue - though I suspect the latter.
    Well if its the latter then theres not much chance of sorting it, I've tried contacting Google in the past and from that experience have got more chance of winning the lottery.

I hope it gets sorted soon as it seems to be affecting my sales. The ratings were one thing that gave eBid listings an advantage over e**y listings.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendipity View Post
    eBid was trying a new type of feed but there were so many glitches that Google told them to go back to the old method until they got things sorted. That is when my stars vanished. They still show on some of the older listings. My sales have also dropped over the last week or so but that might be because I sell more collectables rather than Christmas gift type items.

Thread Information