eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: should or should not upload my feedback from that other site?

Forum Lurker
    View mimmies's Feedback (+142)
    All-About mimmies
    View mimmies's Listings
    Forum Posts

hi all
    the reason i imported my feedback was to show the ebid customers that i am not new to auctions. also to let them know that i am a trustworthy seller. the feedback clearly says it is from another site so i dont feel like i am being deceiptful. i think i worked hard over there to get the number i have but i can see how some might think we have to earn our respect here. as others have said it is a personal choice and either opinion is not wrong. (even yours Kimbo lol just kidding)

Do you bead??? beads to fit pandora and others. only limited by your imagination. visit all my stores
    http://mimmies-beads.ebid.net
    http://mimmies-flea-market.ebid.net
    http://mimmies-baseball-cards.ebid.net
    http://mimmies-70s-80s-vinyl.ebid.net

Default a question without a definitive answer

When I moved over from E*ay I read through similar arguments (by some of the same contributers) and I decided to use Repatoo to import my feedback which provided me with reasonable numbers of feedback for my items.
    I then stopped any further import of feedback so that for the last 10 months the feedback is all genuine eBid.

When I check a seller I look first at the numbers and then look through the last few months sales to make sure that the seller seems genuine. Thus if a buyer checks out my feedback they will see eBid feedback for the first page and then they will come across imported items that are clearly marked as such.

I am reluctant spend more than a few pounds with sellers with low feedback numbers having been bitten twice once by a pirate item and once by a seller who was incompetent (well I am not sure if he was incompetent at selling or just not very good at fraud) and If I feel this way then so could many potential customers hence the importation of my feedback.

Many of us on this site feel very positive about eBid and the standards which it applies when compared to e*ay although I doubt that many of our customers feel that way. They just want a good buy from a reliable seller and don't appreciate or care about the differences between E*ay and eBid as long as they get a bargain.

Sadly for genuine sellers, most buyers won't even read any feedback or know what imported feedback is.

Kimbo always displays wisdom an matters relating to eBid and she has clearly set out the reason why some customers may be put off.

I looked at my potential customers and the competition over my intended main sales item from existing sellers with large positive feedbacks and decided that the reasons laid out by Kim were not as important as the potential lack of confidence caused by a nil feedback rating so I decided to import.

So from the reason that I made my decision back to Blueblonbee's question - There is no definite answer so you have to look at the advice in this forum - look at your sales strategy - the effect on your potential customers and then decide which course is likely to bring in those elusive regular sales.

It's your sales so it's your decision.

Good luck and welcome to eBid.

Peter

i've noticed alot of uk sellers on here.....

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blueblonbee View Post
    i've noticed alot of uk sellers on here.....
    Well…This is original U.K. Auction Site and most of Sellers and Buyers come from U.K. too…

Question What does it really take to get some sales going on ebid?

Quote Originally Posted by BabsnRay View Post
    Not sure if this helps, but I imported mine using the correct import procedure and have mine accessible via Repatoo. After a while, I contacted eBid support and asked them to remove the import as I wanted to keep my eBid feedback separate. As a seller & buyer on eBid I thought it was unfair to display such a high feedback total that wasn't gained on eBid's merits ......... if that makes sense. Luckily eBid support were kind enough to help me, so now my displayed feedback is genuine eBid and not imported although I do still have my other feedback available for view via Repatoo.

I have sold on ebay for about 10 years, but have recently been discouraged by their increases in fees., making it very difficult for a really small business such as mine to break even let alone make a profit. I recently switched to ebid, lowered my prices due to the lowering of costs, but have had just one sale in the past three weeks. Last week, I had approximately 90 items listed on ebid and 33 items on ebay. I sold 1 ebid item and 10 items on ebay, some of which were exactly the same items. The ebid items are priced lower and there seem to be lots more viewers on ebid. I imported my feedback from ebay (then 1049), never charge a handling fee, and only charge the actual cost to ship, even giving refunds when shipping costs are lower than what was paid. Yet, I do not even get a query from someone on ebid, let alone a reasonable number of sales. I am getting discouraged, thinking perhaps that I misspent the $49.95 for lifetime seller. So if the imported feedback doesn't mean anything, what does it really take to get some sales going on ebid?

Smile My 2 cents on importing feedback!!

Hello to all the wonderful ebid people on the ebid forums, I myself find the forums so helpfull and supportive, as well as tolerant of driffrent opnions!

Yes I am a import feedback believer, I respectfully understand why some choose not to import feedback, but my feeling was & is ,that I earned my feedback 100% percent of it, & on one of the hardest sites a person can sell on, where a customers just on a wim can hurt a seller terribly with feedback, most times for no valid reason , my way of doing business is the same 100%, my hard work remains the same 100%, I feel no shame with importing the feedback I broke my back to get. I in no way feel that I am misleading anyone with my imported feedback as anyone can easily tell it is just that, imported feedback, imported from a place where I put in 4 years of hard work, and a sincere work ethic Enough Said! Have a Jim Dandy Great Day!

Life is what you make it, always has been, always will be!!
    Last edited by vickiejoysrainbow; 21st September 2010 at 05:52 AM.

Forum Newbie
    View mecheller38's Feedback (+29)
    All-About mecheller38
    View mecheller38's Listings
    Forum Posts

I didn't even know you could do this! When I had 0 Feedback here I did mention I had a couple of hundred on ebay. I won't bother transferring it now but might have done at the time when I first joined

Hi I have almost 9000 feedback between 4 other sites, the largest amount on e*bay nearly 6800 and wonder should I bring it over here via repatoo just to get me going here..., I have 100% feedback on all sites, ( touch wood)...mainly so that buyers will know I am here for the long haul not someone who will cut and run...... I have almost 750 listing on e*bay that I am in the process of bringing over to eBid..slow process but will get there, also in the process of setting up my own website.....between 5 auction sites and 1 website I am kept pretty busy..as a lot of my items are handmade by myself.........
    Downunder_Scrapbooking
    Where Scrapbookers are always welcome

When we started on eBid, we put a link to Repatoo in our "All About the Seller" page, with a note that we were new here, but "you can check our feedback from another site". After we got a reasonable feedback number on eBid, I deleted it. I think it helps reassure buyers when a seller is new.

I didn't import it directly into our eBid feedback number because the separate link included the actual comments from our buyers, the imported feedback doesn't, and I felt the comments were as important as the actual number.

Yes I have just done mine, and will leave it there till I get a feedback score on eBid, just to reassure buyers, then I will remove it... but at the moment I hope it will help get a few sales..it is always hard starting a new site and getting the trust of buyers..I do understand them being wary of a new seller..as I would be too... but hopefully with the repatoo link buyers will trust me and start to purchase items so I can build up my feedback here.......
    Downunder_Scrapbooking
    Where Scrapbookers are always welcome

Thread Information