Thread: leaving feedbak prior to recieving it BEWARE

Forum Newbie
    Isle Of Wight, Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
    View BROOKSBADGER's Feedback (+4010)
    All-About BROOKSBADGER
    View BROOKSBADGER's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thumbs down leaving feedbak prior to recieving it BEWARE

i recently had a bad deal with a buyer , after 33 days of no contact i had a feedback popup , so reluctantly left feedback for multiple items befor recieveing my own feedback as discussed with the ebid team ,5 days after leaving feedback the buyer then hits me with a items not arrived email and would like his monies back and for me to claim via royal mail. this the first contact from the buyer 33 days after my notification of posting ,they havnt asked for postage reciepts or even contacted ebid ,they have gone direct to paypal to let them sort it . so please take note DO NOT LEAVE FEEDBACK UNTILL YOUR BUYER LEAVES IT FOR YOU . i have taken a large amount of negative feedback for this . the only good to come of this is that i may well of stopped other sellers taking the same fate from this buyer .

regards brooksbadger

contact support ( support@ebid.tv ) and give them the details they might remove the feedback left.

as for p/pal... if you sent it insured send them a scan of the recipt, and if you didn't try sending a copy of yout proof of postage. If p/pal do refund the buyer then you will have to put a claim in against the post office

View madelaine's Feedback (+5881)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

AND you can change the feedback which you left, OP!
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

well it appears BROOKSBADGER's negs have been removed by support and his "buyer" now has 29 negs and a strike through

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Justice has been served.

Brooksbadger, you do what's good for you based on your experiences, and I'll do what's good for me. Most sellers who accept PayPal know the pitfalls, and in my 7+ years of accepting PayPal, I had only one chargeback that was the result of fraudulent bank account information used by the scam artist buyer, and I even got the item back. Some sellers are more prone to chargebacks, namely sellers of new merchandise that is widely available. Sellers of unique and old items have the same risks, but the risks I feel are smaller. People who buy antiques and collectables tend to be looking to spend money. They know what they want, they know what they want to spend, and when you provide them with what they want, they're happy and will be much less likely to pull a stunt like a false chargeback. I have the added benefit of being a seller of paper money which, as you know, carries individual serial numbers, so that kind of material would be very hard to resell if it is "hot".

So I leave feedback for buyers right after they pay in a timely manner, even if they use PayPal. I use discretion in certain situations, like with group lots where the face value of the notes I'm selling is a significant chunk of the total cost.
    ================

The biggest truths are always left unsaid.

The biggest lies are repeated endlessly.

Thread Information