eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: How Is Your Buying Coming Along?

my hobby is both 20mm & 6mm napoleonic wargaming.... both sizes are not a popular size hence my lack of luck

business... I'm a postcard dealer who tends to buy by the 100's (or more likely 1,000's) and at a price that would be unfair to expect them to appear on an online auction site

see... I'm just bl**dy awkward :-)

View madelaine's Feedback (+5881)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by somersethedge View Post
    my hobby is both 20mm & 6mm napoleonic wargaming.... both sizes are not a popular size
    Husband buys the same.... but is not selling those sizes/era so I see your problem. Risking such a lot on here would be brave as the traffic situation stands.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    A seller can not sell unless they have a buyer; that goes without saying. This is the flip side of one of the most common questions asked on eBid. Answering this question can give a reflection of how sales are going. Now if the same person or two is selling to all the buyers, than most of us are in trouble.

In all fairness, I will start............... I'm bidding on a total of 4 items from 2 sellers (1+3 respectively).
    Therefore, at least 2 people are making sales on eBid

My sales are slow, but happening. I've gotten back all of my Seller+ Life-time fees, so not a prob.

Tally of eBid Buyers Spotted: 2
    Tally of eBid Sellers Spotted: 3
    Tally of Items Reported Sold: 6

Earlier on this week I had nearly 20 items in my bidding, with over 30 in my items won. As time as gone by, my bidding is down to 3, and with items received and transaction completed I'm down to 20 in my items won. I think I must have bought over 50 items from different sellers over the past couple of weeks. I've also had a few sales too so it isn't all money spent.
    Babz

Sewing Room Creations - for hand crafted gift ideas & doll accessories.

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    Husband buys the same.... but is not selling those sizes/era so I see your problem. Risking such a lot on here would be brave as the traffic situation stands.
    My "problem" is I started wargaming 40 years ago when Airfix 20mm were the cheapest way to buy large numbers of figures, now I am "stuck" with it... I could go up or down a scale but the thought of having to start painting all the figures from scratch again is terrifying

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default L@@K AT ALL THE GREAT [[[BUYERS]]] & SELLERS ON eBID SO FAR IN SEPTEMBER 2010

Wow! I did a little snooping around & looked at buyer/seller activity so far in the Month of September.
    I went in & looked at my own buying stats and readjusted my numbers reported in post #1.

Found 6 Buyers/ 30 Sellers/ 77 Items sold - just in this small sampling, covering Sept. 1 - Sept. 17, 2010.

* Updated running total with adjustment of Bab's imfo ; HerMajesty is a very busy beaver buyer also, as she indicated in her post! Keep up the awesome buying everyone!

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Sorry - I don't know anything about war gaming. You paint figures? What is it - like model airplanes and cars but war items?? I love learning about different things people do/have for hobbies! Miniature things intrigue me - like miniature railroads and doll houses....some can be so real looking!!
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BabsnRay View Post
    Earlier on this week I had nearly 20 items in my bidding, with over 30 in my items won. As time as gone by, my bidding is down to 3, and with items received and transaction completed I'm down to 20 in my items won. I think I must have bought over 50 items from different sellers over the past couple of weeks. I've also had a few sales too so it isn't all money spent.
    I found 34 items, that I added to my totals; only counted those showing in FB. What numbers are not showing in FB &/or active bidding? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by HerMajesty View Post
    Sorry - I don't know anything about war gaming. You paint figures? What is it - like model airplanes and cars but war items?? I love learning about different things people do/have for hobbies! Miniature things intrigue me - like miniature railroads and doll houses....some can be so real looking!!

No sure of the Napoleonic figures that Somer mentioned, but the experience I've had is with ther Warhammer game figures - the ones that I used to assemble and paint were anything from 2 inches up to 8 inches - and yes, they were all hand painted and finished. The easiest way to explain the 'gaming' is that its a bit like chess or draughts even, but the peices are bigger, more of them, and the board is as big as you want it to be. Bringing it down to basics - anything from 2 players upwards, and there is always good guys and bad guys - whether they're human, elves, orkes, dwarves, cave trolls, alien, or something else. Lots of fun for the imaginative - especially if their of the role playing game kind - and also if their far fetched in their 'characters' - an escape from reality.
    Babz

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    I found 34 items, that I added to my totals; only counted those showing in FB. What numbers are not showing in FB &/or active bidding? Thanks.

I've still got 3 that are with bids where I'm waiting for them to endd before the seller send me an invoice etc, and I've got 19 in my items won, where I've either just paid cos the bidding was stretched over a few days, or the items are in transit yet to be received by me for me to leave feedback. For my sales, I've got 8 in my items sold where I'm waiting to receive feedback - although I'm not surse if they will leave it.

Does that help?
    Babz

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BabsnRay View Post
    I've still got 3 that are with bids where I'm waiting for them to endd before the seller send me an invoice etc, and I've got 19 in my items won, where I've either just paid cos the bidding was stretched over a few days, or the items are in transit yet to be received by me for me to leave feedback. For my sales, I've got 8 in my items sold where I'm waiting to receive feedback - although I'm not surse if they will leave it.

Does that help?
    Yes. Thank you. I will add 22 items to the total. How many sellers does these sales involve?

Thread Information